Friday 21/06/2013, 16:15
Espectroscuro - Admin English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
94 messages
Changes : Duel Mode
Espectroscuro - Admin - Le p0tagerEnglish - Friday 21/06/2013, 16:15

Hi everyone,

We’ve made a few changes to Duel mode:
- Reduced the number of cards to be won to one card a day for 10 wins.
- Limited the use of the room once the card has been won.
You can play Kate again the next day to win a card.
We've decided to make these changes because although the Duel room is very popular, it is, unfortunately, a victim of its own success.
Our initial aim in creating Duel mode was to help new players win cards and start their collection by playing.
However, this system has not fulfilled our aims: the fact that you can carry out unlimited fights does not encourage Urban Rivals’ new recruits to try out other rooms.
We would like this room to act as a transition zone between starting out in the game and entering the multiplayer game modes.
Currently a lot of players use this room to carry out their missions and earn battle points without having to even go into the multiplayer rooms, which is a further unintended consequence of the mode. Although Kate is very nice, we feel the essence of Urban Rivals is in the multiplayer modes.

Happy gaming to you all!
« Previous12345678910Next »

2/94
Keelatay - Titan - Time Conquers All English
Friday 21/06/2013, 19:28

Well, looks like I'm back to playing 10 fights a day.
3/94
tgh02 - Titan - Open Casket English
Friday 21/06/2013, 19:53

I respect that UR is a business earning revenue

But you've crippled Duel and removed any chance for new players to improve their decks

1. new sign ups no longer receive 5 Credits so they can't buy packs after finishing Solo because cheapest pack is 40 Credits

2. new players can't buy Common Packs because UR removed it so upgrading deck for DT is harder

3. all players must earn 5 Credits "in 1 Attempt" to open Market / Sales / Trades

* this is most egregious because Trial Pay / Sponsor Pay often don't work and some software deals don't even download!

* TapJoy reduced their rewards to 1 or 2 Credits. Their 5+ Credits require personal info or credit cards. So if players earn 40 Credits to buy packs, players still can't sell or trade because 5 Credits must be earned in 1 attempt

4. UR says it's encouraging multiplayer mode: Can we agree a free-to-play member may face difficulties obtaining cards? What about a guild player? how does s/he obtain Jeff for Lianah Ld whenJeff skyrocketed beyond 1600 Ctz? If player didn't unlock Trade/Sales then they can't even sell off their NB cards to buy Jeff

How does this encourage players to chat / interact / exchange / encourage / loan cards for LD, Coliseum, ELO, DM, Survivor. Try using your free sign up cards in Survivor let alone play Standard DT

5. Duel is not abused by players. At launch Duel enjoyed 3500+ players hourly. This decreased to under 2000 after 5-10-15 format
4/94
Babs Hartley - Legend - TRiNiTY English
Friday 21/06/2013, 20:58

Well, that's sucktastic news.
5/94
Gomla - Titan - Time Conquers All English
Friday 21/06/2013, 22:44

Throw down them facts tgh
6/94
TheDoomBug - Legend - Limit Break English
Friday 21/06/2013, 23:21

@tgh
No offense to you, but I'm going to try to play Devil's advocate.
1. The old twenty credit packs still exist, they're just a bit hidden. I know not how long they will continue to be available.
2. Common packs were pretty bad.
3. This is the big one. I cannot argue with it. It's intended as a multi-account prevention feature, but it's a hurdle that might turn off new players. The schizo nature of the trial/sponsor/whatever pay can't be blamed on UR, but that doesn't help anyone.
4. Without buying credits, yeah, that places character-specific missions in luck territory. However, the Ld's will come back around; they always do. Can take a while though.
5. Look at Keelatey's response (post 2), it implies that Duel is the only mode they will play. That's the issue the staff have with Duel. Some players don't want to even touch other modes. Duel was too appealing. I doubt it actually has to do with new players at all.
7/94
Bemmoth - Titan English
Saturday 22/06/2013, 00:02

"Our initial aim in creating Duel mode was to help new players win cards and start their collection by playing.
However, this system has not fulfilled our aims: the fact that you can carry out unlimited fights does not encourage Urban Rivals’ new recruits to try out other rooms.
We would like this room to act as a transition zone between starting out in the game and entering the multiplayer game modes. "

I think Solo mode, and lvl1-x rooms allowed for a perfect transition. I don't think Duel mode is required at all, except to give cards to newer players, but that could've been implemented within Solo mode.

Were new players even able to beat Kate's 20* hands? Or, do they start against a weaker Kate?
8/94
xxCheria - Titan - Organized Konfusion English
Saturday 22/06/2013, 02:34

My only complaint about this is that it's a lot harder to complete missions for the weaker cards in regular game modes than it is against Kate.
9/94
Saturday 22/06/2013, 04:31

@ TheDoomBug

Not offended at all, great to exchange opinions to improve UR for everyone

New players & those using Smart/Android devices rarely visit Msg Board let alone search for threads with old packs' URL. You and I know 20 Credit packs exist because we participate regularly

My point is that we're the least Valuable to UR in their revenue strategy because our spending habits are established.

It's in UR's interest to make UR formats appealing and encourage new sign-ups to continue playing. Google Play feedback reflect this view. When a player can't earn buy sell trade and stuck with free cards that don't qualify for DT? Will they search UR msg board or leave?

Fraud prevention: I chuckle whenever UR brings this up. Sure don't let 2 new players (or established players) do a reach-around and exchange expensive cards at deep discount. UR can call this fraud too if it's one player swapping cheapie cards to improve their account.

But you know what's fraud? When Established Veteran Players forfeit & time out & swap wins to gain points to win Guru Cr in Coliseum. So UR considers swapping 150 Ctz cards is fraud and bannable - but guild members conspiring to raise their ranks go unpunished?

UR implements lock downs on every player to prevent swapping 150 Ctz Luba but vets continue to "fix" matches to win a 8.5 Million Ctz Cr?

Come on, new players just want to have fun. And if UR ruins that experience then players will switch games.
10/94
Saturday 22/06/2013, 04:51

And supposing we all use Duel for Missions or play too many Duel matches. That's UR's fault. Keep it at 3-5-10 format and lock out players after obtaining 3x Cards. Done! No more problems with players overstaying their welcome

Playing in Duel is more better than PFulling in Lost Warehouse. UR wants to promote fair play and honesty? Then UR should visit Lost Warehouse because forfeits and time out happens regularly - and Preful sellers (who are Vets) are the worst offenders if you screw up their XP leveling

UR advertises on Google Play they're handing out free cards every day and removed Common packs. So where do Commons come from? It's not from NB/Elite packs. They're sold by market manipulators who post at their whim. Regular market users recognize guys who post 7000x copies without blinking and effectively kill off competition. I haven't noticed UR policing that behaviour

Yes, Common packs sucked. But you could buy a Common pack @ 7 Credits immediately after your 1st reward (2 Credits + 5 Sign Up Credit) and join T2 DT. UR isn't stupid, they calculate everything before launching

But UR can't measure Veteran Players who manipulate high reward formats like Coliseum. New Players have zero power to manipulate market or ELO. Any Vet opening a multiple account still has to earn guild stripes and make friends

@ Bemmoth, yes Kate recognizes low star decks and plays low-evolved cards for new players to beat.

« Previous12345678910Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals