Friday 21/06/2013, 16:15
Espectroscuro - Admin English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
94 messages
Changes : Duel Mode
Espectroscuro - Admin English - Friday 21/06/2013, 16:15

Hi everyone,

We’ve made a few changes to Duel mode:
- Reduced the number of cards to be won to one card a day for 10 wins.
- Limited the use of the room once the card has been won.
You can play Kate again the next day to win a card.
We've decided to make these changes because although the Duel room is very popular, it is, unfortunately, a victim of its own success.
Our initial aim in creating Duel mode was to help new players win cards and start their collection by playing.
However, this system has not fulfilled our aims: the fact that you can carry out unlimited fights does not encourage Urban Rivals’ new recruits to try out other rooms.
We would like this room to act as a transition zone between starting out in the game and entering the multiplayer game modes.
Currently a lot of players use this room to carry out their missions and earn battle points without having to even go into the multiplayer rooms, which is a further unintended consequence of the mode. Although Kate is very nice, we feel the essence of Urban Rivals is in the multiplayer modes.

Happy gaming to you all!
« Previous12345678910Next »

11/94
TheDoomBug - Legend - Limit Break English
Saturday 22/06/2013, 05:40

@tgh
"UR advertises [...] that behaviour."
Out of both of your posts, this is the only paragraph I can disagree with.
Commons come from all packs, there are no packs that I am aware of that give you only uncommons and rares. Market manipulators who try to manipulate commons tend to end up losing money and most of the market players I know openly discourage attempts at it (with extremely rare exceptions).
Those guys who post several thousand copies? They had to buy those, they spent money for the attempt at earning it. If no one buys their cards, they'll have to either lower their price (and probably lose money) or watch other players try to undercut them. What do they do then? They may try to buy up the cheaper stock, but they cannot stop the non-Cr cards from hitting the market. There are also people who horde copies of cards until they see someone else trying to manipulate it, then profit of that persons effort. UR doesn't have to police the market, as the players do a pretty good job at it on our own.
12/94
HD_Mephisto - Imperator - I have a dream English
Saturday 22/06/2013, 12:24

You want to bring players to the multiplayer rooms, well make them more attractive!
But solve your creativity porblems (something that became too obvious ) by "destroying" a solo room to "force" players to go to the multiplayer rooms, I find it a little inappropriate
13/94
tgh02 - Titan - Open Casket English
Saturday 22/06/2013, 12:35

@ TheDoomBug

You are correct. Someone had to spend money for those cards. However, I had to abbreviate my post due to 1500 limit so it wasn't clear.

I was asking if NB (no old Commons) and Elite (only 4 Clans) and Ultimate (only 4 Clans) supply all those Commons we see posted in Market daily.

Which 4 clans would you select in Elite/Ultimate? Let's suppose Huracan / Frozn / Vortex / Nightmare...so how come Market is stocked with Frida Katrina (Rescue) MC Decay Syd Noze (Bangers) Mini Mosu Tatane (FPC) because these are not the most popular ELO clans.

Most pack buyers select packs offering expensive cards, top releases, Cr bound, etc...because they are profitable/collectable. NB Fridays sellers/buyers exemplifies this point.

So how come new Frida and Syd Noze are posted for sale and who posts them in bulk?

That's my train of thought and it phrased incorrectly. Thank you for explaining manipulating methods and you are correct. but I want to add that there are also players use Prefull to level up, and then dump 1000x copies at the lowest price to recoup their Clintz. This action depresses prices and hurts small investors.

* sorry if I'm not making sense. My Original point that today's decision for Duel is unnecessary given there are more important issues that impede UR's multiplayer experience. UR's a fantastic game which is why I'm passionate (and stupid) enough to post my rant.

Enjoy UR but allow us to fulfill Missions in Duel
14/94
UM_AaaBattery - Moderator - URBAN MADNESS English
Saturday 22/06/2013, 13:00

I agree that it had to be changed to stop people staying in there and doing missions. (Im also guilty of this lol).

Though you could make it so that if your under level 20 you get a prize at 3/5/10 and 20+ just get one at 10.
15/94
Valhalas - Titan - URBAN MADNESS English
Saturday 22/06/2013, 15:48

So your solution is to FORCE us into multiplayer by blocking the room entirely? Don't you get why people are avoiding other rooms? It's because they're boring after a while and it just takes too much time and effort to get anywhere in elo/survivor/tourneys/Coliseum. How about adding some casual-friendly room with some kind of linear progression, which doesn't get wiped every week? You think those people who were lurking in duel mode will move to other rooms? No, they will just quit playing completely.
16/94
THATSRAVEN - Hero - Organized Konfusion English
Saturday 22/06/2013, 17:41

Lol of course it takes effort to get anywhere in ELO/Survivor/Tourneys/Coliseum. If you don't have the time to get anywhere in any gamemode besides Duel, I would be surprised that you're patient enough to play UR at all. I understand that nobody has the time to play extensively in these gamemodes everyday, but the core of UR revolves around extended play in various game modes. I do agree about adding another "casual" room besides Duel though.
17/94
maki_mUR - Legend - Dragons Cro Clan English
Saturday 22/06/2013, 20:18

"How about adding some casual-friendly room with some kind of linear progression, which doesn't get wiped every week?"
yes please
18/94
Myeltd - Legend - Limit Break English
Saturday 22/06/2013, 20:51

I agree with valhalas, but only up to a point. When I was doing ld missions, I'd almost entirely do them in the duel room unless the mission itself forced me to a different one. Now, with the limit, it will make my acquiring of the ld's a bit more "tedious" than usual. Will I try out the other game modes more? Probably not. Will I quit the game because of this update? Not unless they do something really stupid with it.
19/94
SIR BARKS - Legend - Vengeful Little Ponies English
Saturday 22/06/2013, 20:54

Well you could just disable duel mode to count for mission purposes.
20/94
-Bakuryu - Senior English
Saturday 22/06/2013, 21:34

@Valhalas
Lol. You're forcing us into multiplayer. It's a multiplayer game. Seriously? There's solo btw. Why would you play a strategy based game and play a noob like opponent the whole time?

« Previous12345678910Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals