Friday 21/06/2013, 16:15
Espectroscuro - Admin English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
94 messages
Changes : Duel Mode
Espectroscuro - Admin - UR Clan De GanadoresEnglish - Friday 21/06/2013, 16:15

Hi everyone,

We’ve made a few changes to Duel mode:
- Reduced the number of cards to be won to one card a day for 10 wins.
- Limited the use of the room once the card has been won.
You can play Kate again the next day to win a card.
We've decided to make these changes because although the Duel room is very popular, it is, unfortunately, a victim of its own success.
Our initial aim in creating Duel mode was to help new players win cards and start their collection by playing.
However, this system has not fulfilled our aims: the fact that you can carry out unlimited fights does not encourage Urban Rivals’ new recruits to try out other rooms.
We would like this room to act as a transition zone between starting out in the game and entering the multiplayer game modes.
Currently a lot of players use this room to carry out their missions and earn battle points without having to even go into the multiplayer rooms, which is a further unintended consequence of the mode. Although Kate is very nice, we feel the essence of Urban Rivals is in the multiplayer modes.

Happy gaming to you all!
« Previous12345678910Next »

21/94
RC_Makath - Titan - __RaGe_Of_ChAoS__BR__ Português
Saturday 22/06/2013, 23:17

Some ideas:

1) Number of Duel Mode battles increases as you level up:

lvl 1-5 = 5 (1 card)
lvl 5-15 = 15 (2 cards)
lvl 15-25 = 25 (3 cards)
25+ = Same number as our level (lvl 45 gets 45 battles). It's a reason to level up after you have all the leaders.

2) Duel Mode battles as a consolation prize on the slot machine

3) A certain number of fights in other modes would allow you to play more Duel Mode fights, numbers could change when UR feels a certain mode it's being played less. (you could restrict this to wins in other modes)

4) Duel Mode becomes unlimited after level X.

5) A series of quests on other modes to unlock Duel Mode for that month.

6) No more cards/Clintz in Duel Mode after level X, just BP and ability to advance missions.

7) No more Clintz/BP award, just the ability to advance missions.
22/94
Bemmoth - Titan English
Saturday 22/06/2013, 23:27

Maybe a Standard 25* would help as a transition zone?
23/94
-Bakuryu - Senior English
Saturday 22/06/2013, 23:55

@makath
It's the complete opposite that they want/is needed.
24/94
RC_Makath - Titan - __RaGe_Of_ChAoS__BR__ Português
Sunday 23/06/2013, 00:30

I just hope UR understands the need for a legitimate single-player option.

Duel Mode keeps players from giving up fights in other modes, allows players to either play fast or take their time when their internet connection is not at it's best.

Just allow players to advance missions on a single player option, rather than taking someone else in to it.

Duel Mode made the game better for a lot of players, why push everyone in to your mold when something PROVED to be more entertaining?

Just unlock and allow mission advancement, no Clintz, no cards, no BP, how about that?
25/94
m2m2 - Senior English
Sunday 23/06/2013, 01:37

How about made something like "BP lock", after 10 wins in duel mode players can start another battle in duel mode after earn some BP in another mode, then after 10 wins locked again, then unlocked again with another BP, and so on.
26/94
Glint - Titan English
Sunday 23/06/2013, 02:36

I really don't think BP, Clintz or common cards are the reasons anyone over level 10 uses Duel Mode. If you cut off Missions and change nothing else, you'll see the number of people using the room drop by 90%.
27/94
(((-))) - Legend Español
Sunday 23/06/2013, 05:13

Duel Mode is great for missions !! The common cards are crap anyway so it don't matter if it is one card or none but a limit on how many times you are allowed to play in the room is nonsense a limit forces players on missions to go and play with other players that will make it harder and longer to complete missions UR is trying to force us into a bad situation after creating Duel Mode that was a great addition for players on missions if you force a limit on duel mode who is not to say that soon more limits will be implemented? The perfect solution would be to make the AI more intelligent, then no one would abuse Duel Mode but as it stands Kate sucks and I for one like my odds against her when I am playing for missions and when I am done with poison and heal missions I will have to move on to tourney, survivor and elo missions... I play on the mobile app for iOS and been playing all day just wondering about the limit cause I am still in Duel Mode ????
28/94
Thoazol - Legend - Wise Men Distracted English
Sunday 23/06/2013, 14:50

@((()))
Wild guess, the update for the fight limit hasn't gone through with Apple. Since they're responsible about something and check all the apps and updates for viruses before releasing them for the public. So, no update; no limit?
29/94
maki_mUR - Legend - Dragons Cro Clan English
Sunday 23/06/2013, 15:45

When will these changes be applied?
30/94
Evilcalyptic - Senior - The Forsaken Alliance English
Monday 24/06/2013, 11:16

Yeah duel mode hasn't changed for android either

« Previous12345678910Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals