Friday 21/06/2013, 16:15
Espectroscuro - Admin English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
94 messages
Changes : Duel Mode
Espectroscuro - Admin English - Friday 21/06/2013, 16:15

Hi everyone,

We’ve made a few changes to Duel mode:
- Reduced the number of cards to be won to one card a day for 10 wins.
- Limited the use of the room once the card has been won.
You can play Kate again the next day to win a card.
We've decided to make these changes because although the Duel room is very popular, it is, unfortunately, a victim of its own success.
Our initial aim in creating Duel mode was to help new players win cards and start their collection by playing.
However, this system has not fulfilled our aims: the fact that you can carry out unlimited fights does not encourage Urban Rivals’ new recruits to try out other rooms.
We would like this room to act as a transition zone between starting out in the game and entering the multiplayer game modes.
Currently a lot of players use this room to carry out their missions and earn battle points without having to even go into the multiplayer rooms, which is a further unintended consequence of the mode. Although Kate is very nice, we feel the essence of Urban Rivals is in the multiplayer modes.

Happy gaming to you all!
« Previous12345678910Next »

61/94
JO3SHMO - Imperator - aussie crusaders English
Friday 28/06/2013, 00:53

I don't understand the 'enjoyment' of grinding missions against an idiotic AI. Not like I have a problem with people that do, it just doesn't seem very fulfilling.

People leaving in ELO is very common, and has nothing to do with rage. Although if someone leaves in a DT, they're either a) having a really bad day, or b) a douchebag.
62/94
schleppel - Titan - hitmanxxx Guild Deutsch
Friday 28/06/2013, 04:04

Why do I get Ralph as a reward for the Duel games time after time?
4 Ralphs in the last 5 days.
63/94
Valhalas - Titan - URBAN MADNESS English
Friday 28/06/2013, 18:38

@JO3SHMO the whole UR is essentially a grind, whether it's a grind for mission, or a grind for a higher score in elo, the only difference is that you can't get anywhere with casual play in elo and there you can actually go backwards, so if people didn't like this kind of grind, they wouldn't have picked up UR to begin with.
64/94
K1NG_PWN4GzZz - Legend - TrAitorzZz English
Friday 28/06/2013, 21:20

"Currently a lot of players use this room to carry out their missions"

uhh duh, try obtaining missions by playing a real opponnent, you know, the ones who quit, cheating you out of your (KO) mission, making sure you're in for the long run...

I mean while you at it, UR, when will these complaints be adressed?
(prolly neverrrrrrrr...)
65/94
tgh02 - Titan - Open Casket English
Friday 28/06/2013, 21:23

@Valhalas, you are correct. UR formats & modes all require players to spend time to complete

I'd add another difference is that if a player isn't successful at ELO or multiplayer formats, then they can still enjoy Solo Duel Market and completing missions to improve their LVL & guild stripes. Many of my friend log in just to play missions on Friday

UR's Duel decision is peculiar because Duel was most popular. And I want to emphasize that no matter how Duel was abused, it did not negatively impact another opponent directly. If I completed LD mission in Duel how does that affect your ELO score? If I decide to boost my BP, I still didn't earn Clintz in your DM or Survivor match. And most importantly, my time wasted doesn't qualify me in daily Cr lottery.

FACT: after you calculate each Duel match, up to 60 match wins, your earning converted to Clintz is almost always lower than time invested in DT. I've played all 120 Duel days since launch and tracked card frequency and reward value for our guild...the results don't lie -> UR crippled Duel and most players earned more in DT (winning Sledg notwithstanding)

UR restricting Duel access to 10 wins won't convince players to switch to multiplayer formats. I just turn off my data and play chess on my phone riding the bus. That free time was delegated for maintaining my UR account and mission. Now I will polish my chess skills instead.

@hashburki, thank you
66/94
Evilcalyptic - Senior - The Forsaken Alliance English
Saturday 29/06/2013, 09:22

Totally agreed, tgh..... Its more likely to turn me off of UR and make me spend time and possible money else ware.
67/94
XxTherapistxX - Veteran English
Saturday 29/06/2013, 13:48

- 3 cards for player 25 and below
- 1 card for 26 and above

after receive all the card room restrict until the next day .... green if agree
68/94
Jamox360 - Legend - Open Casket English
Saturday 29/06/2013, 21:32

There is no green rate button
69/94
SAsurfer - Guru English
Sunday 30/06/2013, 10:31

I agree with tgh that they should at least bring back the 5-10-15 fight for cards policy and lock any further fights after that.

Seems UR is starting to become more of a money making app than it was originally portrayed to be which is sad as I would literally play at least 50 games a day spread throughout the diff rooms although now im rather put off by this "grab for cash" mentality and havent played since seeing it yesterday

Love the game, just be careful of changing it so much that the players feel alienated from how it originally worked when we started.

Also, what tgh said abt Jeff and other common characters prices being so heavily manipulated during certain LD missions should be policed so that the cards are available at least. Perhaps put a price lock on those crads for those LD durations like make it so they can only be sold at a max of dbl their original price.
70/94
DerMagus - Legend - Tequila Sunrise- UR Deutsch
Sunday 30/06/2013, 17:05

"So many people who have a over reliance for duel mode. Try playing the multiplayer game modes, after all this game was made for it, not for playing solo."

Well, some players should play fast, after all the game was made to play with others, not to forfeit, quit, or timeout on them...

« Previous12345678910Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals