Friday 21/06/2013, 16:15
Espectroscuro - Admin English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
94 messages
Changes : Duel Mode
Espectroscuro - Admin English - Friday 21/06/2013, 16:15

Hi everyone,

We’ve made a few changes to Duel mode:
- Reduced the number of cards to be won to one card a day for 10 wins.
- Limited the use of the room once the card has been won.
You can play Kate again the next day to win a card.
We've decided to make these changes because although the Duel room is very popular, it is, unfortunately, a victim of its own success.
Our initial aim in creating Duel mode was to help new players win cards and start their collection by playing.
However, this system has not fulfilled our aims: the fact that you can carry out unlimited fights does not encourage Urban Rivals’ new recruits to try out other rooms.
We would like this room to act as a transition zone between starting out in the game and entering the multiplayer game modes.
Currently a lot of players use this room to carry out their missions and earn battle points without having to even go into the multiplayer rooms, which is a further unintended consequence of the mode. Although Kate is very nice, we feel the essence of Urban Rivals is in the multiplayer modes.

Happy gaming to you all!
« Previous12345678910Next »

71/94
thefub_1134_ - Imperator - wicked souls English
Sunday 30/06/2013, 20:21

Most of the multi-player modes are not fun. I enjoyed playing the Duel in the 5-10-15 format because I was curious to see what the next card was and see if it was in my collection or not. The old format also allowed for a lengthy casual session if you needed a break from another format like ELO. I do not understand why using Duel for missions is so bad. Most of them (Sakrohm) take a long time even with Duel. Below is a breakdown of why I do not play many of the other modes besides ELO.

Solo:
This is a good mode but cost credits to open 2 of the missions.

Classic/Fight Club:
This mode is just silly. Every banned character lurks here along with leavers and time outs. There is no casual standard or Extended 25 mode which I would be more inclined to play than this format.

Tourney:
This can be fun but I do not play it often. The reward seem pretty minimal even when I place in the top 40.

Death-match:
This mode is not played by many people. With more players this mode might be worth playing but at the moment it seems dead.

Coliseum:
I like the idea but the window to play this is so small I don't bother with it.

Elo:
This is the mode I play the most. The depth of challenge and deck making is good but some clans dominate which can become frustrating. Good payout at the end of the week.

Events:
There are some good events out there but depending on the region and time you have to play events can be a point grab based on how many matches rather than performance.
72/94
SAsurfer - Guru - Clintz Bank English
Monday 01/07/2013, 10:24

@DerMagus: I agree but at the same time then maybe they should make it that anyone who times out your battle should be registered as a KO for the winner as many ppl time out instead of just taking the loss making completing missions a lot longer an very monotonous
73/94
0 Jamox - Titan - Open Casket English
Monday 01/07/2013, 19:38

Tourney pretty minimal?
I won korr!
74/94
Thoazol - Legend - Wise Men Distracted English
Monday 01/07/2013, 19:56

THAT WAS LUCK! On average you get around 400-500 clintz from a DT, unless you get top 10 or top 5 in a busy hour.
75/94
0 Jamox - Titan - Open Casket English
Monday 01/07/2013, 21:07

XD
76/94
DerMagus - Legend - Tequila Sunrise- UR Deutsch
Monday 01/07/2013, 22:38

SAsurfer: I have been saying that for years. And I am not the only one saying that... The problems with multi-player largely come from other players. For some parts, there are very easy fixes, and yet they do not come.
77/94
Grapple X - Legend - The Infinite Shoeblack English
Monday 01/07/2013, 23:04

I would quite gladly enjoy duel mode as a mission grinding room with the prizes removed; hell you could even take away any BP from the wins too. Just let me sit and slowly work through XX rounds with Y and XX knockouts with Z in peace and I'm a happy camper.
78/94
L7test - Hero - The Trend English
Tuesday 02/07/2013, 05:15

@ 11:11PM EST

Duel 600 Players

Classic 349

Tourney 434 Players

Death Match 40 Players

ELO 220 Players

Survivor 123

Yeah let's discourage 3500 hourly Duel players to increase UR's Multi-Player formats

Yeah kickout 80%+ Duel players but DM has 40 meager players? 40 Players in DM is pathetic!

But UR says Multi is the "essence" of this game but does 579 DT Players reflect this? Funny how DT used to enjoy 1800 to 2600 hourly players. Good to see UR's retention strategy working hard.

I can't fault ELO, that's where good players and strategies shine - but it's polar opposite of Duel. As many posters here mention, perhaps not all players want Multi all the time.

We want an option where we can play at our pace and accomplish tasks like Missions. Why's that difficult for UR to understand?

OK forget about card rewards & BP, just offer players a room to play UR in peace. Whoever is calculating revenue and retention at UR isn't doing their job correctly.

BTW: Kate's A.I.'s smarter and she'll predict your 2 Pillz move. That's fine, nobody said we wanted Duel to be idiot-proof.
79/94
Valhalas - Titan - URBAN MADNESS English
Tuesday 02/07/2013, 18:09

Steps to improve Kate's AI:
1. Remove all-in or all but 2 pills moves on 1-2 round or at least make them less frequent. Kate is shown to do pretty well in later rounds, but it doesn't matter, because she then has no pills to cause any opposition.
2. Avoid patterns and constants. Kate seems to often fall into step1->step2 behaviour. Don't always enforce her into most logical choice, add some chance of less logical play (doesn't need to be big, just to add some variation). Declare more random variables.
3. Try to create synergy between the cards Kate draws (f.e. you can define: this set of cards plays well with this set of cards, so there's bigger chance for Kate to draw this combination), throw in a mono deck from time to time.
4. Add some simple learning algorithm. Doesn't need to be complicated, you'll just need a few additional variables in your database for each player and it will make a tremendous difference, also you could expand on this in the future.

Do this and then make duel unlimited again
80/94
Im Suda - Guru - Limit Break English
Friday 05/07/2013, 00:57

I really don't mind the change to duel, but recently I have been experiencing timeouts from kate. I didn't have this problem before the 1 card update.

« Previous12345678910Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals