La Junta - ELO Methodology

Friday 21/06/2013, 19:09
Kali_Edge - Imperator English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
10 messages
Kali_Edge - Imperator English - Friday 21/06/2013, 19:09

So I've been playing La Junta for a couple of weeks (switched over from Piranas) and managed to get in the mid 1300's, but I'd like some input on how to effectively play this clan.

For example, how do I get around atk manip clans like Uppers and Rescue?

Or what kind of strategy should I be using? 2 Hit KO?

I'm currently using this line up:

Chiro/Isatis (when she's not banned)
Dean
Gatline
Milena
Pilzken
Thormund
Sabia
Trish

I'd really like to get better with this clan, they're a lot of fun. Thanks for the input.

2/10
-Taciturn- - Titan English
Saturday 22/06/2013, 05:19

As a fellow La Junta lover, Uppers are a serious thorn in my side and they are just so prevalent in elo. Nellie and Herman can demolish even the great Pilzken. If they are giving you a lot of trouble, you might want to consider subbing your 4 stars for Brian and Brianna. Brian's stop will give you the edge against their power manipulators and Brianna's damage and small pill addition are great for low pill fights or at the very least bluffing some pills out of those stingy Uppers.
3/10
0_Kiki - Titan - Time Conquers All English
Saturday 22/06/2013, 07:23

Normally I don't like running Trish but she is invaluable as an amazing Oshitsune counter this week

Dean > Victoria/Tolliver
Gatline > Brianna
Milena > Wyre
Pilzken
Thormund
Sabia
Trish
4/10
0_Kiki - Titan - Time Conquers All English
Saturday 22/06/2013, 07:24

Oh forgot Isatis
5/10
AmberRed1994 - Imperator - Limit Break English
Saturday 22/06/2013, 07:47

2 hit KOs with Arnie are also priceless
6/10
Kali_Edge - Imperator English
Tuesday 25/06/2013, 08:49

Thanks for the input guys, I originally did have Bryan but I decided to take him out to experiment with some more high-powered 4-stars ... although I'm a little up in the air about Istais. When there is no SOA she's a monster, however I find that I run into more SOA and she ends up becoming dead weight (again, I'm not very good with La Junta so I could be making a bad assumption). I've thought about Chiro or Brianna as a more stable choice, but it would take some of my 'umph' away. Is that +1 pillz really that worth it?

Also, I tend to like Dean and Thormund a LOT. I've found that playing them as a 'counter' (or a wall) pays off a lot especially when you're trying to stop a serious threat. That's how I've been using them, and although they don't always succeed, it's usually my own math error.

What are some of the tough match ups for this clan? Just any atk manip and SOA? Or can this be worked around with adding some more 8-powered characters?

Thanks for the help.
7/10
Hihihilalala - Hero - Time Conquers All English
Wednesday 26/06/2013, 13:15

I am a fellow La Junta fan as well. Have been using them to get my 1300 every week, ever since Sabia was released I think. I personally like using the 4/4/4/4/3/2/2/2 format as I really love the clan's 4*s.
I think att manipulation is quite hard to get around for this clan. I find the All Stars quite troublesome as well. For me, when I find the match a little hard to win, I try going for a 2HKO. It works sometimes.

P.S. I feel that brianna's +1 pill isn't useful, especially in elo. Her usefulness is limited in the last round
8/10
- Gino - - Senior - Open Casket English
Friday 28/06/2013, 07:51

5-4-4-4-2-2-2-2 is the best for mono La Junta decks for elo. Pitzken+ three of these 4 stars+ Sabia, Dean, and any 2 other two stars.

Ive gotten to 1350+ many times with La Junta mono. The key is picking 2 spots with the deck against atk manip decks. Pick 2 spots and go for the 2hko or just more damage from those two hits. This isnt a deck I like to pill 3-4. I either pill 5-7 or 1-2.

Also Arnie isnt as good in mono La Junta as Briana is. Here's why.
Arnie at best is 6 damage(with no furry). briana is a 7(w/ no furry). Briana in elo partnered up with pitzken, Bryan and etc is a 2hko. Arnie limits you from pulling that off in mono decks. Arnie is great only inhalf decks.
9/10
Hihihilalala - Hero - Time Conquers All English
Friday 28/06/2013, 11:19

@i eat pasta: Wouldn't 5/4/4/4/2/2/2/2 be very hard to play when you get at least 3 2*s, which is 24.3% of the time? However, I would imagine that it is quite a viable strategy considering that La Junta can usually win with more life by getting in two wins, also adding that Dean and Thormund are walls.

But of course, I prefer more stability in my decks over a 5*. Although I find having a someone with a high damage like Raven in your deck is quite useful too.
10/10
rumbletug - Guru Português
Friday 28/06/2013, 15:52

Well, i don't really use La Junta cuz i think it's just too easy to reach 1300 with them. However, when i used them (when i came back to this game 2 or 3 months ago) i used Arnie instead of Gatline and Wyre instead of Trish. why? well, Wyre obviously because of the SOA and he still does 5 dmg, which is quite good considering you have Pilzken and Isatis in your deck. Arnie because if you win the 1st round (by putting like 1 or 2 pillz) with Isatis or Pilzken, you have the match automatically won if Arnie is also in your hand. he might only have 6 damage, however, his power is usually well worth it (the way i play him at least). Brianna i don't really like because she is a card that you're usually forced to overpill, which isn't exactly the way i like to play.
about Isatis and her soa problem, well, she may (or may not) be a burden to you. when people with soa find Isatis, they usually only use 1 or 2 pillz, because they don't want to overpill a card with 5 pot, but you can take that to your advantage, and even though it doesn't always works, if you play her in the right time, even against soa, you'll packing a punch in your adv with her 8 damage. it's really all about trying to figure out what the other guy will do and just do some simple maths in order to put that situation into your advantage. hope that has helped and good luck with your elo =)

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals