Urban Rivals
?
Register            Already signed up to the game →  
Click here if you forgot your password.

How About Some ELO Strategy/Tactics Advice?

Friday 28/06/2013, 12:54
(UE)Daddy - Titan English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
11 messages
(UE)Daddy - Titan - The Unfound EffortEnglish - Friday 28/06/2013, 12:54

I honestly don't really expect an answer to this, but I'm finding that I need more than simple deck preset advice. After being away from the game for almost a year I returned... and promptly got crushed in ELO.

It always seems to go the same way - no matter what deck I use, no matter who my opponent is, they always, ALWAYS throw EXACTLY what they need to throw in order to beat me. I've lost sixteen games in a row, and am hovering way below 1000 points. My frustration and disgust level is rising, mainly because the only advice seems to be "use this preset filled with cards you can't afford and you can get up to 1300!" Meanwhile, I'm fighting opponents whose tactics seem to be throw-no-pills-until-the-very-end-and-win-with-a-1-point-life-advantage... except for those people who bury me in a pill avalanche in the first round. Nothing I do seems to work.

Really, I don't know what else to do. I understand the basics of ELO, can rock-out with the best of them in DMs and Fight Club, and have completely wiped the floor with the AI in the solo games - but ELO will not work. So, any advice? Right now I'm about ready to stop wasting my time.
« Previous12Next »

11/11
Kali_Edge - Imperator - The Alliance English
Tuesday 02/07/2013, 21:53

I understand your feelings, there are days when I want to rage-quit and forget about UR.

I'd suggest changing your mentality a little bit from "I want to win" to "I want to learn." Take the losses as a way to learn about your deck, and move on. If you feel your deck is not good, then maybe you should take a look at your play-style; perhaps it's a matter of you using a deck that doesn't match up with you.

What kind of deck are you using now?

« Previous12Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals