Urban Rivals
?
Register            Already signed up to the game →  
Click here if you forgot your password.

Lack of 3-4 star Junkz that can damage...

Monday 01/07/2013, 19:03
1san - Imperator English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
16 messages
1san - Imperator - Black Sea PiranasEnglish - Monday 01/07/2013, 19:03

I don't really know about you guys, but I play mono Junkz quite a bit in ELO. What I always find if that the clan has many 4 star cards that make you think, but they lack in the damage department... and it's very noticeable when you play them mono. Also I'm not saying this clan doesn't have good 3-4 stars, because they have awesome 3-4 stars....just not ones that can dish out decent damage.

Now they do have a few decent 3-4 star cards with over 6 damage, the main highlights are: Crystal, with 4 power that makes here 7 damage nearly impossible to get through, and Rowdy, who probably isn't coming off the staff ban list anytime soon, and Berserkgirl...who I myself would never play due to her being very unstable.

When I look at the other Attack Manipulating clans, they all have some pretty fearsome 4 stars in ELO. Just look at Kazayan, Nellie, Coby, Harvey, Valentina Ld, El Gascaro, El Zombino, Moses, Jautya, Ngrath, Anita, Benson, or Daussone.

So what do you say about this matter, I know that the Junkz have many pill related cards that the other clans don't, but surely the Junkz deserve one decent damager!
« Previous12Next »

11/16
0 ComeAtMe - Legend - aussie crusaders English
Wednesday 03/07/2013, 07:14

Junkz have a decent damage card - Fuzz. Although, Fuzz is almost certainly a game changer, mono Junkz are not completely dead without him. The likes of Qubik, Tremorh, Romana and Flangan are terrific cards and often control the meta of the match. Yes, those cards do lack damage, but they make up for it in utility. This is the exact same and the Petra/Jautya battle. Petra is a natural round winner with average, DR prone damage, whereas Jautya struggles a bit more to win rounds and is prone to SOA and DR but can cause a maximum 12 life gap - a absolute game changer.

Personally mono Junkz are one of my favourite decks to use. Their abundance of SOA and overpowering abilities make it enjoyable it play. The only down side is you often have to win 3 rounds if you don't have Fuzz in your hand, and even if you do, getting Fuzz 's damage in is sometimes a struggle.
12/16
BA_Hydro - Legend - • » вєαυтιƒυℓ αηgєℓz « • English
Wednesday 03/07/2013, 15:10

I feel the same problem with Junkz , often lose because of losing 1 round
13/16
Cyber - Legend - E X C A L I B U R English
Wednesday 03/07/2013, 16:58

Junkz are amazing in half deck. If you complain a lack of damage, use Fuzz or Haze. They're really decent. I prefer the former because you get to hit through most DR except for Pussycats. Having said that, Junkz might lack damage in mono but they make up for their strong walling capability which makes you win most of the nuke in game pill to pill. Gibson, Flanagan, Romana are some great examples. Dreen is also popular against Ongh in Jungo weeks.

If you like damage, pair them up with another clan that deals quite a lot of damage like Fang Pi Clang, Nightmare, etc.
14/16
Kuulapaa - Veteran - heavy metal and rock English
Wednesday 03/07/2013, 18:25

Junkz is more utility than damagedealing deck. As many said earlier, pair it with Uppers/FPC/Berzerk/All Stars or any other half that makes nice dmg. You can take big cards to other half, because Junkz best cards (imo) are 3*. If they had stronger 4* you would see crapload of Junkz dekcs out there.
15/16
1san - Imperator - Black Sea Piranas English
Thursday 04/07/2013, 01:37

Cyber, my mono Elo deck has Fuzz in it.
My deck is: Fuzz, Dreen, Veenlye Cr, Qubik, Romana, Flanagan, Eebiza

0AL-Zukoo I'll try that combo out thanks!

0 ComeAtMe, that's essentially my problem, if I don't draw Fuzz it's a downhill struggle with the other 7 Junkz not being able to do enough for a win. It's especially scary when you come across a Jungo, or Pussy deck. I really miss my old deck with Gil and Rowdy, but I know that will never happen again.

Also Kuulapaa, they can also slap Support on a stronger 4 star to satisfy the mono Junk user such as myself, and not make it usable in half decks. Akin to Moses if you will.
16/16
Myeltd - Legend - Limit Break English
Thursday 04/07/2013, 02:09

I'd actually hate to see a support card for Junkz. The entire clan is built around amazing abilities, and their ability to be played in mono and half decks with virtually no change in strategy. Adding a support card (in my opinion) would ruin that vibe.

« Previous12Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals