Picking up UR

Picking up UR
Friday 19/07/2013, 00:19
Squirtroll - Imperator English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
181 messages
Picking up UR
Squirtroll - Imperator - E X C A L I B U REnglish - Friday 19/07/2013, 00:19

Its safe to say that fr took a heavy toll on this games population, lots of inactive players, i understand wanting to create another game for their customers, but the timing of it was atrocious
theres been a huge market drop in cards since dt started awarding prizes lyse dropping from 12m to 6m korr 14m to 10m marly halving itself in price, this definitely makes players not want to take a risk on investments since it seems the market isnt going to repair itself.

Why not reduce the amount of prizes given in dt, or just limit who can win the first prize?

from 1-10 = first prize
from 11-30 = 2nd prize
from 31-70 = third prize
from 71-120 = fourth prize
from 121-150 = fifth prize

this just means that players new to the game scoring in the 50's wont win a korr end up trading for a cheap prize and dropping his overall value

and slowly removing the amount of prizes given out to 3 a day, 5 a week, 10 a month.

Game modes

Staff weekly bans, not like before, where they would ban the cards weeks in advance not knowing what the upcoming elo week would be like, but to actually have staff players play elo that week and ban whatever they beleive would be too common next week allowing for diversity the following week

; Ongh free, mono Jungo runs rampant as always, but dont ban Ongh that week, instead ban something like Jean, it wont cripple them as its just a staff ban that last a week, and theres plenty of other 2 stars in the clan, it will just give players the push they need not
« Previous12345678910...1819Next »

71/181
Squirtroll - Imperator - E X C A L I B U R English
Saturday 20/07/2013, 01:38

Joop be more like doombug and actually support your ideas

although the market drop has brought new players in, ive not seen many that stay for more then a few weeks, especially aggravating once they win dt big 5 and drop them, i dont see why as of recent low scores are the only getting the top prize, they would still be able to win as cards like splata vickie lamar etc are the third prize and it should be more then enough to get them interested in the game to spend money on it as they got a decent headstart
72/181
Avoid-50-50 - Titan - E X C A L I B U R English
Saturday 20/07/2013, 01:47

Saturated market , game developers that cater to casuals , new game by the same developers with a better marketing campaign

no wonder this game is dying , having a big 5 used to mean something , now its just as empty as everything else with this game

doesn't surprise me this game is dying so fast tbh
73/181
Avoid-50-50 - Titan - E X C A L I B U R English
Saturday 20/07/2013, 01:51

When are good players gonna get benefited in this game , all we ever get is pain and anger , cuz of broken game modes , and opponents who can't add 2 and 2 together , and then those same guys win everything ,

this game used to be fun now its just a chore , although i agree with char , His ideas prolly won't see the light of the day because it doesn't cater to the targetted audience .
74/181
DUC-j00p - Titan - Dutch Urban Crew English
Saturday 20/07/2013, 01:55

"Bc an average player doesnt contribute to this game."
Ofc avarage players buy credits. It would take ages just to get a basic and a bit versatile collection without.

I would also like to see the big 5 prizes going to players ranking good in the DT. But i (and i think most of the community) dont have a problem with cards being less expensive. Thats just common sense, why do i have to support that?
75/181
Myeltd - Legend - Limit Break English
Saturday 20/07/2013, 02:14

"But i (and i think most of the community) dont have a problem with cards being less expensive. Thats just common sense, why do i have to support that?"

What part of the community are you referring to exactly? Because last I checked, you need to sell cards to make clintz on here, and if cards are worth next to nothing, then you're basically making that amount from packs and tournaments. Your common sense ignores the other half of the wheel, thus it is more flawed than char's pizza sombrero.
76/181
COLOSSAL-TCA - Novice - Time Conquers All English
Saturday 20/07/2013, 02:17

J00P,

I don't think cards being less expensive is the problem.

I think WHY cards are less expensive is the problem.

When UR made it both easier and more chance orientated for one to inadvertently achieve an entire collection based on one hour of what could, potentially, be unintelligent and erratic game play, they 'achieved' several things in a somewhat short space of time:

1. Hindered their business model.

2. Broke the market.

3. Made player's hard earned achievements basically moot, or severely reduced these achievements.

4. Players who had spent a good deal of money on this game previously, must now acknowledge that they have WASTED much of their investment into this website.

5. Damaged other modes, that are BETTER indicators of ACTUAL skill and hard work, such as elo.

So, I played this game for what, 6 years now, on and off. And while I used to spend a lot of money on this game and at one point I had a collection worth, well, it'd be worth 10s of millions today... I gave it all away a long time ago. I also don't play this game anymore, just run events, so this doesn't impact me at all.

But I TOTALLY get why players are FUMING.

I play Fantasy Rivals now, so if they did something similar over there, I'd be fuming too, most likely.

77/181
TheDoomBug - Legend - Limit Break English
Saturday 20/07/2013, 02:20

Inquery: How many of these low level Cr scorers would you say paid the game (have stars) and then left?

If it's a low amount, then the system could be changed to favor paying players over free players. Although, this would be unfair to the long-running players that prefer free play and could be seen as a cash-grab. Outright excluding free players would be too extreme, I think.

You are winning me over on the gradual prize-reduction, so I'm curious: what would you suggest to reignite DM? It lost most of it's player base to Duel (which was nerfed) and hasn't recovered.
78/181
COLOSSAL-TCA - Novice - Time Conquers All English
Saturday 20/07/2013, 02:34

Honestly have no idea, surely some, not all, but more or less, I can't say.

I will say this, before the changes (or perhaps before the Tombola, if you're old enough to remember it) most free players never achieved a BIG 5 without dedication to UR itself Whether on the market, in elo, events e.t.c or combinations of all these things.

And this was FAIR. And this was REASONABLE.

And this gave players BOTH reasons TO PAY and NOT TO PAY, but most importantly, to PLAY competitively.

All these reasons have been vastly reduced and in some cases, depleted.

I've never played DM, so I can't possibly answer your question, sorry
79/181
TheDoomBug - Legend - Limit Break English
Saturday 20/07/2013, 02:40

Thank you, COLOSSAL. That is the kind of post I needed to see. Helped me see it from the older players' perspective.
80/181
Myeltd - Legend - Limit Break English
Saturday 20/07/2013, 02:41

I'd personally love to see DM be turned into an actual competition of sorts. Use the same system they currently have for tournament points, but also multiply it by your opponent's level and collection value (ie: a win vs a lv60 with 100% of the collection would net 60 times the normal points, etc. ). Have the whole thing run daily, with the winners getting bp, clintz, or credits.

« Previous12345678910...1819Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals