Picking up UR

Picking up UR
Friday 19/07/2013, 00:19
Squirtroll - Imperator English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
181 messages
Picking up UR
Squirtroll - Imperator - E X C A L I B U REnglish - Friday 19/07/2013, 00:19

Its safe to say that fr took a heavy toll on this games population, lots of inactive players, i understand wanting to create another game for their customers, but the timing of it was atrocious
theres been a huge market drop in cards since dt started awarding prizes lyse dropping from 12m to 6m korr 14m to 10m marly halving itself in price, this definitely makes players not want to take a risk on investments since it seems the market isnt going to repair itself.

Why not reduce the amount of prizes given in dt, or just limit who can win the first prize?

from 1-10 = first prize
from 11-30 = 2nd prize
from 31-70 = third prize
from 71-120 = fourth prize
from 121-150 = fifth prize

this just means that players new to the game scoring in the 50's wont win a korr end up trading for a cheap prize and dropping his overall value

and slowly removing the amount of prizes given out to 3 a day, 5 a week, 10 a month.

Game modes

Staff weekly bans, not like before, where they would ban the cards weeks in advance not knowing what the upcoming elo week would be like, but to actually have staff players play elo that week and ban whatever they beleive would be too common next week allowing for diversity the following week

; Ongh free, mono Jungo runs rampant as always, but dont ban Ongh that week, instead ban something like Jean, it wont cripple them as its just a staff ban that last a week, and theres plenty of other 2 stars in the clan, it will just give players the push they need not
« Previous12...67891011...1819Next »

81/181
COLOSSAL-TCA - Novice - Time Conquers All English
Saturday 20/07/2013, 03:22

@ DoomBug

Hey, you are so welcome
82/181
UM--Coolio - Hero English
Saturday 20/07/2013, 03:51

What exactly is the problem with some Crs prices declining?

Take DJ Korr Cr for example...

-11 offers on the market currently
-28,590,186 players
-----------------
0.0000003847474095% of the community is hurt
99.9999996152525905% of the community benefits

Additionally, I think you should let nature run its course. There are rough times in the market all the time including such things as the great depression. But, we (USA) have made it out of these problems. Let's just see what Goralion has planned for his game changes and let the game run its course. That's one of the things I love most about this game: its like an experiment where we can all see how different aspects affect the market. It may need changes sometimes but, for now, let the game run its course.
83/181
Myeltd - Legend - Limit Break English
Saturday 20/07/2013, 03:56

That's to assume that there are only 11 dj-korrs in existence. In reality, there's hundreds of korrs, dozens of bots and multi-accounts, and even more inactive accounts, thus making your math flawed.
84/181
FocaMorta - Legend - Heaven Destroyer English
Saturday 20/07/2013, 04:34

Guys, is the old fight between old players and newbie....

We (old and bored ones) would like to have our collection and all our achievements of 4-5-6 years on UR still valuable. Spending money, winning DT only for clintz...Saving money, doing market, doing a top Elo, struggling to win events with prices such as Yayoi or Kolos (now the average prize of a staff event is a big Cr...out of order)....

The newbie wants to have our collection doing a DT and arriving on 78th position.

UR staff didn't respect us when he did the "Tombola" or with the actual Cr system in the DTs...Every time i look the Cr gave away such as a gift in DT i have good reason to don't spend money anymore on this game. I completely understand Colossal
that moved to FR, here 5 years of UR has been throw away in 1 year of staff decisions.

@ all the newbie, we don't want the Cr prize to grow up again, we want the Cr to be available only to who really do great in this game, we want you all to look your collection proudly, because you gain what you have, not because someone gifted you.
85/181
wasteroftime - Moderator - Open Casket English
Saturday 20/07/2013, 04:52

Balancing the need to attract and keep new players with meeting the needs of the old players is the challenge

if the new people are put off --- eventually the old players will disappear by attrition
if old players are put off -- the sense of a UR community is lost

UR needs revenue, new players is a better source of revenue for them than old players at this point.

my 2 cents. make it easier for newbies to build and gain playable decks. make Cr desirable and valuable again by 1)releasing more Crs 2)limit the amount of old Crs being given out as prizes

Don't Cr cards that are too important in some game format

Jacking going CR was horrible for the new people then due to her importance in DTs at the time
Tanman CR was also a big hit for those who wanted to run Survivor T2s
Blaaster Cr, Robb Cr, these were cards that newbies needed since they were ELO staples
86/181
TheDoomBug - Legend - Limit Break English
Saturday 20/07/2013, 07:02

@Eaglefree 84
"The newbie wants to have our collection doing a DT and arriving on 78th position."
I don't think that's what new players want. At least, not most of them. I know that when I was a noob, I wanted to earn the cards, through attrition if needed, but I can't speak for everyone. I think I agree with that last line; I've been gifted a few Crs from the lotto, but it didn't feel as good as buying/winning cheaper ones through actual effort.

To be honest, I think the DT lotto is more fair than Tombola in distributing gifts; at least the lotto forces people to PLAY for the chance. The problem is the gifts being too good.

@Wasteroftime
Can you clarify your 1) statement? Do you want them to give more Crs as prizes or create more Crs?

What if the DT lotto phased out the Crs, like Squirtroll suggested, but began using Rares in their stead? It would have far less of an impact on the market as a whole, while still giving lucky players potentially helpful prizes. 50K is still a generous boost to a starting player.
87/181
0 Kerry - Titan - E X C A L I B U R
Saturday 20/07/2013, 07:54

Post 78 & 84 +1

They're making it too easy for newer/less skilled players to own a big5. It's not like they need a big5 to enjoy this game. Big5 used to be a trophy for market players/skilled players but now that almost everyone can get it, it's losing it's value(not just clintz-wise).

Stop handing out Bigs in dt
88/181
0 Kerry - Titan - E X C A L I B U R
Saturday 20/07/2013, 07:59

I like TheDoomBug's idea of giving rares in dt instead of cr's Also I'd like to see a new game mode where you can use your whole deck/8 characters in a match instead of just the usual 4
89/181
BA_Hydro - Titan - • » вєαυтιƒυℓ αηgєℓz « • English
Saturday 20/07/2013, 12:59

Chuck the big 5 out of UR
90/181
Pilluminati - Legend - URBAN MADNESS English
Saturday 20/07/2013, 15:31

UR has tripped themselves up now for the last while now,and it's kind of sad to acknowledge.

If charz had done this topic earlier,(seven or eight years ago,i'd say),i'd call charz an idiot.

But seeing what beginners/noobs have now,there wasn't any credits,no missions,no free cards that were decent(aside from the leaders),no deathmatch to level up,survivor was exceedingly difficult,and the cards while a far cry from Bob Joby and Ninja Nyne,were ok,but are outdated by today' standards,there were certainly no free credits,and it was impossible to unlock the market without buying credits,and they go and make such idiotic moves like making the entire common collection available in duel mode and forgoing the phasing out of terrible cards which would have pushed down the price of some of the more overpriced cards allowing noobs to get better cards cheaper.

Most of the paying players never had any of those perks that are here now,and the majority of players who think it's a slap in the face that some nobody who doesn't even know what they've just been given,if not for it's playability,but for it's sentimental value,or let alone knowing the history of the card that they've just been given to them,manages to get said card,while people who slave and work hard for the time they're here don't even get that chance should be pissed off.

« Previous12...67891011...1819Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals