Urban Rivals
?
Register            Already signed up to the game →  
Click here if you forgot your password.

Could someone critique my All Stars / Berserk Deck?

Thursday 25/07/2013, 23:48
Kefalo - Titan English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
15 messages
Kefalo - Titan - Casual GrindEnglish - Thursday 25/07/2013, 23:48

Ok, si I've experimented with different things, here's what I'm trying now. I'm not a very good player, so I'm having trouble reaching 1200 with this, and the deck might actually be really good and nothing should be changed. I have pretty much any non old cr card in these clans available.

Marina - Versatile and way above the curve. Her being non-banned got me thinking, core.
Saki - Defensive SoB, hoses AS, necessary against SoB (in particular). OP, core
Nathan - Mini Marina, and decent even if SoB'd. Considering replacement, though.
Cesare - Defensive SoA. Used to be Ashley, but I had too much dr. There's -life around I might keep.

Elvis - Offensive SoA. Not unreplacable, but none of the Ber 4* look appealing.
Kawamashi Cr - I don't know. I switched between a lot of cards here.
Lola - I added her recently, and now I maybe have too much low power DR again.
Roger - Offensive SoB. Quite pleased with him.

So what happened is that I overloaded on utility, SoA, SoB and Dr in particular - and that's not bad but I'm not doing too well. Skeelz of all things kill me a lot of the time (funny I know), and Vortex was a pain so I added Cesare. I can DR a lot, but I can't nuke or recover from a misjudged overpill too well so I'm too reliant on my opponents making mistakes.

What would you guys do... and most importantly - why?
« Previous12Next »

2/15
Kefalo - Titan - Casual Grind English
Thursday 25/07/2013, 23:57

Oh, and my though process so far:

The Kawamashi Cr and Lola slots went through a lot of changing.

I tried Lola Noel and liked her against other All Stars and Nightmare. I'd replace Kawamashi Cr if I had any attack manipulation options at all, and I'd replace Lola if Lola just wasn't more useful in more situations. I also contemplated Vivian for a while there, again, because of all the damage reducers, but since many of those are All Stars Lola Noel is just a lot better.

I contemplated Jeffrey, and there's no such thing as too much SoB, but Skeelz were kicking my ass anyway.

Elvis - he's good and all that, but again, Skeelz make him lose utility, and Nightmare and pirana's make him a pure utility 4*, and then Roger is my only nuke. I have no clue what to replace him with, or even if I should replace him at all.

So, what to do?

Keep Lola, replace Nathan with something more threatening? But what? Too little SoA for Karen, Davina's not that threatening...

Kick Lola, add Melanie and change Elvis into a 5*? Which one?

Something else? Do nothing and LTP?
3/15
Friday 26/07/2013, 01:05

Small update - I managed to get to 1245, yay!

I'm curious if this deck can go higher. Iv'e also started running into Mono Junta, and boy is it annyoing.

I've replaced Elvis with Ranesh in the meantime, and the solid nuke and a bit of random att manipulation actually helped me out. Now with Raven, Plizken and Bryan being thrown at me quite often, I think i'll go back to Elvis, and find some space for Karen.
4/15
JO3SHMO - Imperator - aussie crusaders English
Friday 26/07/2013, 02:08

Marina, Saki, Randy, Jessie, Elvis, Konrad, Lola/Roger, Melanie would be my selection for these clans.

Whilst Cesare has SOA, his base stats make him sub-par. I would DEFINITELY be using Jessie in this slot.

Nathan isn't bad, but I'd be using something that can win rounds. Randy would be my first pick, and only Karen if SOA is everywhere.

I wouldn't be replacing Elvis, he is a very good 4*. Dropping Kawamashi Cr for Melanie also gives room for Konrad. The 4/3/3/3 half is also playable, but my preference would be 4/4/3/2.

Lola is good, but Roger also has his merit. I've never really gotten along with Lola, so I might be inclined to play Roger. You've still got DR in Marina, and your deck has enough damage so that winning 2 rounds is often enough unless you're at a considerable star disadvantage.
5/15
Friday 26/07/2013, 02:17

I think the main problem with your current deck is that there are too many cards that aren't built to win their round.

I'd only ever use one throwaway defeat-based card, but 2 is fine if one is a utility like Marina or Maurice.

Nathan and Lola struggle to win a round, and the only thing you'll get if Cesare wins is a disadvantage.

This was the basis for the changes I suggested. Give yourself a bit more round winning power and it's easily capable of 1300+. That also comes down the the player though.
6/15
Friday 26/07/2013, 02:35

Thank you for the good advice! I still have a few questions and observations to throw out, but first:

I'm sitting pretty at 1290 with the deck as listed. I'll reply to this tommorrow.
7/15
Friday 26/07/2013, 09:26

Your observtion tht the deck has too many cards which weren't built to win their round is absoultely right. I have one too many throwaway cards, and after some consideration I've conculded that the best one to get rid of is Nathan.

The deck works by winning only two rounds because there's a big bunch of rather solid DR in it. But it's a bit impossible to threaten unless I draw Elvis. The problem with Randy though, is that attacking into SoA with him is a bit suicidal. Still, if I replace him it's either Randy or Karen, unless I drop Kawamashi for Melanie and drop Nathan for an All Star 4. That's also an option.

Cesare - you make good points, but there is a flipside. I only managed to get anywhere when i settled on him. He works as a DR most of the time, which makes it a 4 DR deck. He also works against opposing utility - Tremorh, any important Vortex (Dregn, Deea, Dagg, Bblgm !, so on), many big hunta, works against Randy - works against anything ability dependent. On the flipside, I did lose to a few stop cards because of drawing both him and Elvis. So I'll experiment.

I'm a bit vary about replacing Kawamashi because he's one of the few attack manipulation options. And getting the surprise 6 damage in with Lola got me quite a few wins. Oh well, I'll try a few changes, see how it works.

One thing I'm curious, what's the deal with Konrad? I haven't yet lost to a deck using him, but maybe people are just using him wrong?
8/15
Friday 26/07/2013, 14:02

A half of Elvis, Lola, Roger, Kawamashi Cr is also reasonable.

Cesare's SOA is good, don't get me wrong. However he is only good as a throwaway, and that is all. Like you said, he's effectively a DR against cards like Phyllis and Pan etc, but he should never have to win his round. Jessie is one of the best 2* around.

Think of it this way... what happens if you beat an average card with Cesare, let's say an ability based round winner like Rodney. You won the round, but you will almost always have to win 2 of the next 3 anyway because a gap of 1 just doesn't do anything.

Randy certainly has a weakness to SOA, but don't forget that Nathan is worse. Karen obviously is the pick if SOA is common, but Randy can still hold his own against GHEIST. Admittedly, he's poor against Roots and most cards with an SOA ability.

Konrad is good just because there is nothing overly wrong with him. My logic was that Melanie is a good enough 2* that you might as well switch 3-3 for 2-4, meaning Konrad gets put in.

If you're too concerned with dropping your only attack manipulation card, you simply chose the wrong clans.

My suggestions are simply suggestions, certainly try different things out. I'm just going of my experience, and I think I'm fairly qualified to be giving such advice.
9/15
HoAzeem - Imperator - Harbingers of Ares English
Friday 26/07/2013, 15:34

Elvis Konrad Melanie Roger/Lola
Jessie Randy Saki Marina is the deck I'd use. As Josh has said before.

Cesare's damage is far too low to even consider using pillz and he is simply a throw away. There is really no point of him, if you play pillz you go at an instant disadvantage. Unless your opponent over pills just to beat you which is unlikely depending on the situation. Jessie is just far too good to even compare. She's got an alright gap as well against DR or no DR.

Nathan is a good card when used correctly, mini Marina as you put it. But if you've got 3 DR as you put it, it seems like too much. His power is decent but against power or attack manipulation you won't win! Even a solid 8 powered card won't have any trouble winning. Randy bosses Nathan most of the time, but their are times when Nathan's DR would help your situation I guess.

Konrad is a pretty good card. Often overlooked for Elvis, he's got a pretty nice gap whichever round he goes which is useful. You should try experimenting between him and Revok though.

I don't like Lola, I prefer Roger simple as.

Don't mind if you message me in private about this!
10/15
misterjones - Titan - Limit Break English
Saturday 27/07/2013, 19:29

I would advocate a similar deck to what DSM and Joe said, with one minor change: Sprinter for Konrad. While Konrad's poison has bigger potential gap, Sprinter gives you a trump card versus GHEIST/Roots (threatening immediate KOs with Marina/Randy), and a great game-controller against the likes of Fuzz. SOA is also the biggest weakness of the rest of the deck, so it's good to have at least one card to counter it.

That gives you an All Stars half of Jessie Randy Saki and Marina-- plenty of power there-- and a Berzerk half of Elvis, Sprinter, Melanie, and Lola (I like 2 DRs).

Other possibilities: Konrad for Sprinter, Karen for Randy gives you a similar balance, slightly more power vs. slightly less KO potential. You could also swap in Roger for Sprinter and bump up Randy to Heartnett for a deck with a ton of bonus-neutralizing.

« Previous12Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals