Urban Rivals : a new design for a new website ! – Part 2 -
Friday 26/07/2013, 11:36
Goralion - Admin English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
221 messages
Urban Rivals : a new design for a new website ! – Part 2 -
Goralion - Admin - E X C A L I B U REnglish - Friday 26/07/2013, 11:58

Hey everybody,

First, thank you for your feedback on the first version of the new site project. Our goal is to rejuvenate the current website, make it clearer and easier to use, and above all make you enjoy it. This is why we need your feedback, positive or negative, so don't hesitate to tell us what you think.

We just released a new version of the website containing modifications developed according to your feedback and the survey.

You can check it directly here : beta.urban-rivals.com

Here follows what we modified on this version :

Homepage :
- you didn't like the new home page, and that the game was located on the home page as you felt like we forced you to play
-> the home page is now more like the current website's, with news, staff events, rankings, missions and friend infos

- you didn't like the menu's colors as it looked too childish
-> we put the same colors than the current website's menu

Game page :
- you didn't like to see the game on the homepage
-> the game has now its own page. You can access the game by clicking on the PLAY button

Design and pictures :
- you didn't like the background and its black gradient, as well as several design elements
-> we created a new background, brought color to stick with UR's style

Collection :
- you didn't like that both collections (pro and normal) didn't work the same way
-> both views of the collection, list and cards, are homogeneous. The selection zone is the same, and can be used to sell on the Market, create auctions and create a deck. We are optimizing it so that it will display a lot faster.

- you like the album and having the missing cards' verso displayed
-> we are pleased to see you like it

- you thought the album was missing some informations about missing characters
-> we added their Market price and a "purchase" link to access directly to its sales on the Market. A "details" link is also present to go to the corresponding character page

We also corrected (and we still are) bugs you found.

Thank you again to help us improve Urban Rivals' website !

edited by Espectroscuro Friday 26/07/2013, 11:58
« Previous12...1617181920212223Next »

171/221
Squirtroll - Guru - E X C A L I B U R English
Thursday 15/08/2013, 06:02

No

stop it

whatever you're doing, just stop it.
172/221
Napalm24 - Master English
Thursday 15/08/2013, 06:42

Where is the one where you can sell to kate? i can't find it
173/221
DerMagus - Legend - Tequila Sunrise- UR Deutsch
Thursday 15/08/2013, 09:14

I have just one thing to say to the new design. NO. NO. Just too big. I need to scroll to get the whole game screen on my screen. And I am not exactly having a small monitor (1920x1080; 23,6"!). Whatever you are trying to do there: an improvement it isn't.
174/221
lippmaster - Legend - the shockwaves English
Thursday 15/08/2013, 10:30

Is it me?

Has the option to view only doubles in my collection gone?
175/221
Steel X_HoA - Legend - Harbingers of Ares Română
Thursday 15/08/2013, 16:06

For the love of God ... remove that damn "Check out the brand new ..." tab above every page. The gap it makes looks odd and unnatural. At least, put it at the bottom, alongside the tab about Fantasy Rivals.
176/221
Alhalish - Veteran - URBAN MADNESS English
Thursday 15/08/2013, 18:31

A bit off topic, but speaking of Fantasy Rivals.... Why the heck did you use red text on black background, in a tiny box at the bottom of the page?

Can't you at least use a slightly larger textbox/image that says "CLICK HERE TO TAKE A LOOK AT OUR LATEST GAME!" and place it on the left side of the screen?

I'm embarrassed to say that I just noticed that small textbox now...
177/221
tgh02 - Titan - Open Casket English
Thursday 15/08/2013, 18:52

The top half is awful. Having to use a scroll box prevents me from viewing important info & select multiple cards for sale/purchase.

In the old page, info was static and I just have to scroll page to reach bottom. But in the New version, the actual info I need has such a small space that I have to scroll the page down, then scroll through the actual scroll box and slide it back & forth because I can't see everything at once.

Some players buy & sell more than 1 card per transaction - Your top space is still unusable.

* Why the flash & colour? Focus on maintaining server uptime, providing timely updates and event info - Changing Coliseum info AFTER it starts was unprofessional, and hire staff to answer player questions. These easy ideas will retain players and encourage more new players to remain with this game.

What's the use of UR's new interface if UR servers still times out on weekends (last month), or if Coliseum had to be shut down because the script was incorrect (previous weekend)? New Customers assume this game is broken and may switch to another game. Let's focus on growing UR by improving basic gaming experience and dependable uptime. Thank you
178/221
Infiniti - Senior English
Thursday 15/08/2013, 19:21

@Steel X_HoA
I just use adblock to get rid of it
179/221
Tanto89 - Titan - X. LycurguS .X English
Thursday 15/08/2013, 20:21

Heck.. where is my collection pro???
I have so many pages that it is not even funny (603 pages)
yes, I can change it to list page and change to 65 per pages, but it is still freakin 140 pages and horrible scrolling
180/221
tgh02 - Titan - Open Casket English
Thursday 15/08/2013, 22:26

@Tanto89, Agreed! Too much scrolling on PC, too much scrolling on Smartphone/Tablet. Forget about all this Flash/Java fancy banner Ad stuff. Focus on Fast Browser Loading, Fast "GAME" data exchanges, and efficient memory usage.

New site lags like Yahoo Mail, so slow and don't blame my PC because many players won't upgrade hardware just to play a flash game. UR knows those fancy LD & NB banner Ads causes match Time-outs. Even with Flash updates there are still glitches.

Again, love this game but please focus on ensuring all the basic features function 100% before throwing out a Beta page saying, "Tada! Here's our Brand New Version," because current players will tolerate glitches. But new players will switch to something else - And They Spend More/New $$$

« Previous12...1617181920212223Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals