First, thank you for your feedback on the first version of the new site project. Our goal is to rejuvenate the current website, make it clearer and easier to use, and above all make you enjoy it. This is why we need your feedback, positive or negative, so don't hesitate to tell us what you think.
We just released a new version of the website containing modifications developed according to your feedback and the survey.
You can check it directly here : beta.urban-rivals.com
Here follows what we modified on this version :
- you didn't like the new home page, and that the game was located on the home page as you felt like we forced you to play
-> the home page is now more like the current website's, with news, staff events, rankings, missions and friend infos
- you didn't like the menu's colors as it looked too childish
-> we put the same colors than the current website's menu
Game page :
- you didn't like to see the game on the homepage
-> the game has now its own page. You can access the game by clicking on the PLAY button
Design and pictures :
- you didn't like the background and its black gradient, as well as several design elements
-> we created a new background, brought color to stick with UR's style
- you didn't like that both collections (pro and normal) didn't work the same way
-> both views of the collection, list and cards, are homogeneous. The selection zone is the same, and can be used to sell on the Market, create auctions and create a deck. We are optimizing it so that it will display a lot faster.
- you like the album and having the missing cards' verso displayed
-> we are pleased to see you like it
- you thought the album was missing some informations about missing characters
-> we added their Market price and a "purchase" link to access directly to its sales on the Market. A "details" link is also present to go to the corresponding character page
We also corrected (and we still are) bugs you found.
Thank you again to help us improve Urban Rivals' website !
edited by Espectroscuro friday 26/07/2013, 11:58
I don't understand this - do the designers of this game, or people who are payed to make the website, or people who are supposed to talk to both understand how trading in this game works or looks like from the user end?
Any trader will take one look and say "this website is useless". How does it happen that someone sets out to make an UR website and be so oblivious to what people are using the website for?
What traders want, no, what they need is 2 things:
1) The old collection pro setup where they can first sort cards by the "nuber owned", to have the ones with extra copies come to the top.
2) A way to click on them and open up the extra copies of a particular card to select the ones you want to sell, and then close it so you can look at the next bunch of "duplicates" without the first one cluttering your screen.
3) A way to check how much each individual card cost them
4) A way to check the current market price easily
5) A way to sell cards
*6) A way to tell how much you're REALLY selling for after kate's tax.
Everything else, graphs, names, art, stars is either there to make this process easier or can go f**k itself. Well there's playing the game, but that wasn't changed. Without everything on the list being either integrated into the collection page in an intuitive and easy to use manner, or very easily accessible from it you can wipe your behind with the game of UR as far as long term customers are concerned - no trading, no long term customers.
Make Market easy to access, view, tag multiple cards, browse buy sell EASILY!
If I want graphs and fancy graphics I visit URDB. Make UR Market & Collections easy to use, browse, tag, buy, sell.
Why is this so difficult for UR to understand? It's like UR developers' brain is stuck on esthetics of "touch devices" and crams everything into Flash. Hey that crashes our browsers and more importantly I can't change page number in URL to skip to other pages easily.
You're forcing buyers/sellers to scroll endlessly when in current system we can just change: page = 27 if we want to browse sales on page 27