First, thank you for your feedback on the first version of the new site project. Our goal is to rejuvenate the current website, make it clearer and easier to use, and above all make you enjoy it. This is why we need your feedback, positive or negative, so don't hesitate to tell us what you think.
We just released a new version of the website containing modifications developed according to your feedback and the survey.
You can check it directly here : beta.urban-rivals.com
Here follows what we modified on this version :
- you didn't like the new home page, and that the game was located on the home page as you felt like we forced you to play
-> the home page is now more like the current website's, with news, staff events, rankings, missions and friend infos
- you didn't like the menu's colors as it looked too childish
-> we put the same colors than the current website's menu
Game page :
- you didn't like to see the game on the homepage
-> the game has now its own page. You can access the game by clicking on the PLAY button
Design and pictures :
- you didn't like the background and its black gradient, as well as several design elements
-> we created a new background, brought color to stick with UR's style
- you didn't like that both collections (pro and normal) didn't work the same way
-> both views of the collection, list and cards, are homogeneous. The selection zone is the same, and can be used to sell on the Market, create auctions and create a deck. We are optimizing it so that it will display a lot faster.
- you like the album and having the missing cards' verso displayed
-> we are pleased to see you like it
- you thought the album was missing some informations about missing characters
-> we added their Market price and a "purchase" link to access directly to its sales on the Market. A "details" link is also present to go to the corresponding character page
We also corrected (and we still are) bugs you found.
Thank you again to help us improve Urban Rivals' website !
edited by Espectroscuro friday 26/07/2013, 11:58
Background for " Play " sucks it dose not fit with the game... needs more color and stuff.
Market and auction looks greate.
Auction system needs similiar display system to the Market. When hoovering over certain card it should display the cards stats, easier than copy the name and opening new page to check them
Some extremely valid points, and his analysis is spot on. The design 100% needs a rethink.
I completely understand the amount of work that went into this, I'm currently learning web design as part of my Open University course, but going forward with the current layout would be a huge mistake.
Please rethink it!