Urban Rivals : a new design for a new website ! – Part 2 -
Friday 26/07/2013, 11:36
Goralion - Admin English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
221 messages
Urban Rivals : a new design for a new website ! – Part 2 -
Goralion - Admin - E X C A L I B U REnglish - Friday 26/07/2013, 11:58

Hey everybody,

First, thank you for your feedback on the first version of the new site project. Our goal is to rejuvenate the current website, make it clearer and easier to use, and above all make you enjoy it. This is why we need your feedback, positive or negative, so don't hesitate to tell us what you think.

We just released a new version of the website containing modifications developed according to your feedback and the survey.

You can check it directly here : beta.urban-rivals.com

Here follows what we modified on this version :

Homepage :
- you didn't like the new home page, and that the game was located on the home page as you felt like we forced you to play
-> the home page is now more like the current website's, with news, staff events, rankings, missions and friend infos

- you didn't like the menu's colors as it looked too childish
-> we put the same colors than the current website's menu

Game page :
- you didn't like to see the game on the homepage
-> the game has now its own page. You can access the game by clicking on the PLAY button

Design and pictures :
- you didn't like the background and its black gradient, as well as several design elements
-> we created a new background, brought color to stick with UR's style

Collection :
- you didn't like that both collections (pro and normal) didn't work the same way
-> both views of the collection, list and cards, are homogeneous. The selection zone is the same, and can be used to sell on the Market, create auctions and create a deck. We are optimizing it so that it will display a lot faster.

- you like the album and having the missing cards' verso displayed
-> we are pleased to see you like it

- you thought the album was missing some informations about missing characters
-> we added their Market price and a "purchase" link to access directly to its sales on the Market. A "details" link is also present to go to the corresponding character page

We also corrected (and we still are) bugs you found.

Thank you again to help us improve Urban Rivals' website !

edited by Espectroscuro Friday 26/07/2013, 11:58
« Previous12345678910...2223Next »

41/221
BA_Logan - Titan - • » вєαυтιƒυℓ αηgєℓz « • English
Monday 29/07/2013, 12:18

Tournament ranking are not showing during the tournament..
42/221
rogueSleipnir - Guru - URBAN MADNESS English
Monday 29/07/2013, 12:26

I really think the header (username, level, clintz, etc) is too thick.
It doesn't feel comfortable for the eyes. Maybe it's the colors. (Gray against the white page)

Combined with a browser's menu bar/tabs,
they take up too much screen-space. About 15%.
43/221
kalamari 22 - Veteran - WAR ACADEMY English
Monday 29/07/2013, 12:41

The first version is better!!!
44/221
ultratopas - Titan English
Monday 29/07/2013, 12:50

I play this game because it doesn't lag but in here when i come to collection lag is just ********
i can't go to my collection and create a new deck because internet crashes
collection should be just like it is in old version of urban rivals
45/221
crummister - Veteran English
Monday 29/07/2013, 13:00

I'M ONLY 10.AND THE GUILD IS TO COMPLICATID. COULD U MAKE IT EASIER?
46/221
Ranmayasha - Titan English
Monday 29/07/2013, 13:32

I didn't read other comments so here is my input:
- when you select play the game doesn't fit the page at all which is disturbing during play. The background of page and content should at least a bit match the games look to not cause a black box inside white area effect.
- second allow to hide the top panel showing new chars (whenever you switch page you have to always scroll it down which may annoy after a while)
- fix missions page (now first column shows only string with number of completed missions, then you have the scroll area with missions and under it is the friend/my guild comparison [at least on chrome]). And same as with play page remove the effect of black box in white area.
- on any page like ELO, Ranking or Colisem keep the tab selection after refresh. It is very annoying to reselect the desired tab each time you refresh the page
- market and presents and probably more should be centered to not leave the empty area on the right side which simply looks ugly.

I could find you quite more usability and look issues.
As a developer I would say that you lack usability testers.

And as a side proposition I would suggest to finally allow to show chat under the game area instead of sliding up over half of the game area hiding your cards. Most people like to chat during games and this is always frustrating that whenever I write to someone I am loosing the current game status until I close the chat.
47/221
Tyler_Tol - Senior - M.A.G.I.C.A English
Monday 29/07/2013, 13:34

May I suggest to also update the Urban Rivals in the Mobile Version? Thank You
48/221
WickedyWack - Veteran - the shockwaves English
Monday 29/07/2013, 13:36

I think this new web design is a lot more improved from the previous one and even perhaps the original we all play on today. some nice features include, the website looking very fresh and new, very detailed and more crisp. I think that all the buttons are there and all of them are placed as so it becomes very easy to comprehend and understand, I myself got used to it in max 5 minutes, also new features such as the album are welcomed as they enhance the experience on urban rivals.

However although i see no major flaws after playing around for a few minutes, there can be more added features which can add up to a more solid experience on the website, for one the album page perhaps could use a tweak as i feel that staring at the missing collection i do not get much from it as i just see a steel plate with a line across it and a price-tag that has little meaning in result. Perhaps have all the artwork for the missing cards and also ones in collection but ones that are missing be black and white whilst the owned ones are in color, well something along those lines in any case.

Overall a huge improvement and new look is welcomed, as for bugs i have not encountered many but i have not played with the website long enough so im not too sure, and all other tweaks and improvements i leave to urban rivals staff as they probably know more than i do.
49/221
Wackojacko0 - Guru - The Alliance English
Monday 29/07/2013, 13:43

I love this new version it looks so fresh and clear and it really brings UR creative and colourful side out. I love the background, the colours look so cool. It looks so much more modern that the previous one and i'm really happy that you' ve changed it
50/221
WickedyWack - Veteran - the shockwaves English
Monday 29/07/2013, 13:47

PLAY BUTTON

After clicking on the play button i find myself thinking the old version is superior in most cases, first of all the white paste background with cluttered information on the right just does not appeal to me. it doesn't feel as solid as the play window in the old urban rivals where there was no white background which made it look distasteful. This is perhaps my only MAJOR complaint and after seeing the rest of the website was a MAJOR disappointment too, however i feel as though urban rivals just want to try a whole new look on everything and even though i feel that is a good idea as it gives us old players a change of scenery which can be welcomed perhaps the things that were good in the original website such as the PLAY window should be left untouched as i saw no cons in it. i suggest changing this bit back to the original because the white background with writing and cluttered friends info make it look messy and the actual PLAY window does not stand out as much as it should because that's where all the main game play is, also the actual window should be more in the middle as it should catch the eyes attention the most, and not information about what you're friends are getting up to which can be accessed in the main menu anyways .

« Previous12345678910...2223Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals