Urban Rivals : a new design for a new website ! – Part 2 -
Friday 26/07/2013, 11:36
Goralion - Admin English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
221 messages
Urban Rivals : a new design for a new website ! – Part 2 -
Goralion - Admin - E X C A L I B U REnglish - Friday 26/07/2013, 11:58

Hey everybody,

First, thank you for your feedback on the first version of the new site project. Our goal is to rejuvenate the current website, make it clearer and easier to use, and above all make you enjoy it. This is why we need your feedback, positive or negative, so don't hesitate to tell us what you think.

We just released a new version of the website containing modifications developed according to your feedback and the survey.

You can check it directly here : beta.urban-rivals.com

Here follows what we modified on this version :

Homepage :
- you didn't like the new home page, and that the game was located on the home page as you felt like we forced you to play
-> the home page is now more like the current website's, with news, staff events, rankings, missions and friend infos

- you didn't like the menu's colors as it looked too childish
-> we put the same colors than the current website's menu

Game page :
- you didn't like to see the game on the homepage
-> the game has now its own page. You can access the game by clicking on the PLAY button

Design and pictures :
- you didn't like the background and its black gradient, as well as several design elements
-> we created a new background, brought color to stick with UR's style

Collection :
- you didn't like that both collections (pro and normal) didn't work the same way
-> both views of the collection, list and cards, are homogeneous. The selection zone is the same, and can be used to sell on the Market, create auctions and create a deck. We are optimizing it so that it will display a lot faster.

- you like the album and having the missing cards' verso displayed
-> we are pleased to see you like it

- you thought the album was missing some informations about missing characters
-> we added their Market price and a "purchase" link to access directly to its sales on the Market. A "details" link is also present to go to the corresponding character page

We also corrected (and we still are) bugs you found.

Thank you again to help us improve Urban Rivals' website !

edited by Espectroscuro Friday 26/07/2013, 11:58
« Previous12...789101112...2223Next »

91/221
Lord Gagaga - Senior English
Tuesday 30/07/2013, 05:14

Too much color D:
i feel like i'm gonna barf maybe lower down the light in the colors
i repeat just the light in the colors
the colors are good just the brightness
92/221
Ev0ker - Guru - Masters of Battle English
Tuesday 30/07/2013, 05:23

Too things I would appreciate. One would be to first have a tab on missions with available uncompleted missions. Secondly it would be nice to have a wish list system so that you could filter the market by cards you wish to buy.
93/221
Haunches - Titan - The Bran Clan Español
Tuesday 30/07/2013, 06:55

I don't know. I don't want to be contrary, but I'm not a big fan of the new site. It just looks a lot less sleek. The current site looks pretty sharp. I've not been playing for years, so I wouldn't consider myself tremendously attached to the old site, but just comparing one to the other, the current site gets an 8/10 and the new site gets about a 6,5/10 (in the appearance category).

If the current site is in need of anything (in my book), it's probably ease of navigation. Instructing my friends how to navigate through the message boards was pretty hilarious. It's just not particularly easy for new players that don't look for specific things to realize all the cool things that are out there. I'm not trying to say that I'm all cool, or that some miracle solution is out there... Just saying the site can be difficult to manipulate at first. Especially if, (like me) someone is initially discovering the game on a mobile device.

I really like participating in the coliseum events and whatnot. Maybe you guys could have an event calender or something like that, even if it's only a couple weeks in advance. You could also Mark days that cards are released, and other stuff like that. Staff events, editor picked user events, an easy way to get to the scores for these things... You guys would have no problem filling it up with cool stuff. That's the only decent suggestion that I have.
94/221
qatzki - Hero - ExtraordinarY KillerS English
Tuesday 30/07/2013, 07:50

I'd like to add that yo can't change your profile picture...
95/221
Knolty - Imperator - Knights Ressurection Română
Tuesday 30/07/2013, 08:58

Ok, so I love that you guys finally fixed the full screen play issue, so now it's properly full screen, but you should also make the slots panel full screen also, no use doing the same for the chats, cause many of us chat while playing, but me personally, I like to see only the slot screen when I'm spending my tickets
96/221
Tuesday 30/07/2013, 09:01

Other then that, I like how the new site looks and feels, all that remains now is to try it on a tablet also, and then come back here and comment
97/221
Tuesday 30/07/2013, 09:05

A thing that I would like to see that isn't related to the aspect of the site are the cards...it would be nice to do a remastering of the old cards to get then looking up to date with the new card arts and graphics, so when you chose the hq graphics, you get hq graphics everywhere, not jest the background or some of the cards

many cards should have improved stats, the some of the very first cards released, that don't even have an ability for example, at least give them better stats if you don't want to give them abilities
98/221
Katsu-chan - Legend - Harbingers of Ares English
Tuesday 30/07/2013, 10:21

The new playing screen is way better now I can play large version card without feeling it's too narrow.but how come fullscreen look worse and lagger? like the new background too. The album also a good idea but I want to see the max level version of cards I dont have without changing the page. Also i want you guys to develop the mission page more.
99/221
kontamusse - Legend - ATLANTIDE English
Tuesday 30/07/2013, 11:00

Still missing: in Missions, a checkbox saying "hide completed missions", like in the iPhone app. Or, you could use a tab for the same effect.
100/221
DUC AshraKhan - Titan Deutsch
Tuesday 30/07/2013, 12:15

When i was looking for a guild this week, i got a very large page for creating one, but didnt notice the half hidden boxes at the bottem, (rankings, activity etc). took me 3 times visiting the page and rly looking for something till i noticed them., They are very small and hide behind/below the main page, i could only mouse over the buttons and then had to check the link on the left to see where they would lead to.
maybe my settings? dunno, but tought i'd mention it.

« Previous12...789101112...2223Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals