Scope for at least 2 more Leader Cards
Sunday 04/08/2013, 15:09
XC-GreMLiN - Legend Русский

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
68 messages
Scope for at least 2 more Leader Cards
XC-GreMLiN - Legend - E X C A L I B U RРусский - Sunday 04/08/2013, 15:09

Dear game designers,
I think we can do with at least 2 more leaders now that we have new abilities. One of my earlier campaigns for a high level Sakrohm SOA has borne fruit, so decided to press my luck further
Now that we have at least 3 new abilities (Reprisal, Protection Power, Protection Damage), can't we have at least 2 more leaders, preferably the Reprisal Leader (preferably a 7/4 with Reprisal: Team +3 Power as ability, just the reverse of Ambre, but with 1 more power because Reprisal is less often used than courage)
and
a Protection Leader, preferably Protection Power (because otherwise a whole host of DRs will fall in the market), working the same way as Fixit can, against cards like Caelus.
So all members, what say?
We can arrive at a consensus and can forward our suggestions to UR admin and see what happens
« Previous1234567Next »

21/68
XC-GreMLiN - Legend - E X C A L I B U R Русский
Wednesday 07/08/2013, 11:18

Okay, the picture has changed slightly. Now we are having discussions about a Leader whose ability is, reprisa, agreed. But... what after reprisal? Protection Power (not very impressive), Power +/- (cool), -opp attack (sucks, a reverse Hugo is the last thing we want), protection: Damage (the second best idea, but will make many who did levels 20-30 using Sakhro--Uranus-Dwan combo to throw their arms up in despair).
We are there, but not quite there.
We need a 100, preferably 200-300 opinions, study them and submit it to a panel of experts for their opinion, and with their recommendations, we can send this proposal to UR.
Keep posting, fellas.
We still await more ideas
22/68
hutson01134 - Guru - wicked souls English
Wednesday 07/08/2013, 16:06

I want a Stop Opp. Leader leader. (If your opponent has a Leader, its ability gets canceled).
This Leader would have good stats (Like Eyrik) since it has no effect in non- Leader games.
This would stop Ambre without being OP.

Another idea is a Leader that activates clan bonuses (without partaking in them). That way, if you have a GHEIST, a Montana, and a Uppers card in your hand (along with this Leader), their bonuses get activated. (Rescue would only get +3 attack since their bonus is activated, but there is only 1 Rescue Card).
23/68
TGAP-Trixie - Senior English
Wednesday 07/08/2013, 17:49

Both good ideas. Everyone will counter both of those annoying leaders with Morphun

Second Leader should be a pony because they're associated with rainbows

It really SHOULD only give two different inactive bonuses though. Either random or a button that let's you activate, say, the gheist's bonus. Although that might mess with the opponent quite a bit (If he activates it on my copper, I'm pretty screwed. But if he doesn't, I'm good). Making the bonus activation courage based also works
24/68
Tanto89 - Titan - X. LycurguS .X English
Wednesday 07/08/2013, 21:12

Leader: turn off all abilities / turn off all bonus (or turn off both)
*including other leader's ability if it is turn off all abilities and excluding leader's bonus if it is turn off all bonus

UR will be a very big troller if they create these cards
25/68
Thursday 08/08/2013, 20:40

Stop Opp Leader = bad idea.
Turn off all abilities/bonus= not so bad, but just about.
26/68
Gipsy Joe - Titan - TrAitorzZz English
Thursday 08/08/2013, 23:04

How about these Leader abilities?

Steal Leader effect
Does nothing on it's own, but if your opponent has a Leader it disables that, and gives the effect to you. This Leader would have avarage stats. Designed for players who hate Leaders. But it comes at a cost of having a usually weak 5*.

Team:Courage or Confidence:+1 power and pill
In a round where either condition is met, your card has an extra power and gives +1 pill for victory. The condition would be shortened to CoC:... so it takes less space.

Team: Courage: Convert damage to life
In couragous turns you don't deal damage but gain life instead. Conversion takes place after all other damage modifiers.
Works really well with poisons, but not against them. Makes heal and +life/damage ineffective.

Team: Rainbow: Activate Bonus
If all your cards belong to a different clan their bonus gets activated and protected from SoB too.
For promoting rainbow decks, but they would still remain risky since you won't always draw this Leader.

No limits
This would remove every min or max from both your's and your opponent's cards. Of course this Leader would be Elo banned from release.

The character would be an ex-Skeelz member who got exiled because of his craziness and also because he refused to control his power.
27/68
Friday 09/08/2013, 02:40

M e R L i N:
I don't see how Stop Opp. Leader is a bad idea...
The only things I can think of is:
1. The ability of SOL will be rarely activated (Hense the need for good stats)
2. The ability only levels the playing field, you cannot get an advantage. (The point of this is to help challenge some of the OP leaders like Ambre without becoming OP itself)
3. It makes Ambre an extremely weak 6/4 5 star. (See above)

Trixie
28/68
Friday 09/08/2013, 02:51

(continued, I accidentally posted before finishing )
Or Nyan Cat.. (but ponies are better)

I am hesitant to make the Rainbow Leader conditional. There is 1/2 (?) chance of getting the Leader in the first place, why make it harder to activate? (yes, you could say strategy, but if you are running a rainbow deck, don't rely on your bonus).
Which brings me to my second point, I think protecting the bonus is taking the ability a little too far. I don't see people using bonus reliant cards with this Leader, so why make him/her (more) OP by protecting the bonus?

Oh and I ment to add in my first post, that I like the Steal Leader Idea.
29/68
Friday 09/08/2013, 13:59

Hutson: A leader's ability should be applicable to a wide array of situations. Forget the statistical talk, I will explain in plain English.
You Stop Opp Leader will work only when another Leader is PRESENT in the opponent's deck. Now, how many Leader decks do you see in modes other than DM and T2 Survivor? And that too, mainly Ambre and Morphun and a sprinkling of Hugo, and a once a month sighting of a Bridget and a half yearly sighting of an Eklore. So it's not a feasible proposition.
Regarding rour second question, Ambre in itself is not an OP card. The way to neutralise Ambre is not a SOL card, it's a Leader with Reprisal : Power +/- ability.
Gipsy Joe: Frankly I am amazed. I have always watched you with awe though we never really had any intelligent discussions. That rainbow Leader idea had me thinking for some time.
Cool idea, man.
Apart from the disadvantage that you might not draw the Leader always, still a beast deck can withstand some assault even without the Leader, and hence this may actually be possible!
30/68
Frowns - Titan - At the End of the World English
Friday 09/08/2013, 14:42

I saw this as a suggestion somewhere:

Team: Reprisal: -4 opp power min 6

Basically, a card that specializes in countering Ambre but can still work in your favor otherwise.

« Previous1234567Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals