An Issue I Would Like To Address

Monday 05/08/2013, 05:29
AiR-GeaR-Ikki - Titan English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
12 messages
AiR-GeaR-Ikki - Titan English - Monday 05/08/2013, 05:29

My issue relates to the friends feed. I simply do not understand why we are subjected to censorship on our friends feed due to fear of blacklisting if what we say is deemed inappropriate. The friends feed is an entirely separate entity to posting on public forums and presets etc. If you don't like what's on the radio or the t.v then turn it off, same with the feed, you can simply remove from your friends list. It's not like here where everything posted everyone can see. This is why it is unfair for it to be punishable by BL since you have no control over who sees your feed and they have the ability to remove you at any time they feel it is excessively inappropriate.

Now you end up with people using the feed as a stalker app to try and trap people they don't like into getting a BL or a ban. Even more petty they can rate down all your presets, follow you into events to try and harass you, even add the same people you talk to to try and turn them against you. All this while being on your personal BL too. This makes it easy to bully, harass and generally be a nuisance.

The solution is simple, an optional word filter like that on XAT and a friend system like that of facebook where only the people you add can see what you post. I'm amazed that this issue has not been addressed, as it would save everyone a lot of headache. The players wouldn't have to feel threatened, there would be less BLs and less time taken from moderators.
« Previous12Next »

11/12
AiR-GeaR-Ikki - Titan English
Monday 05/08/2013, 09:48

Mr. Kingpin got a BL for calling someone a moron when that is what they were acting like, that's another example. As for Char, if he says what he does in the feed then I would expect them to accept it most of the time unless he is harassing them. As I said it's so easy for them to remove him if they have a problem.

In terms of being like a youtube page, I'd say somewhat yes and no. I mean Yes in terms of freedom to speak your mind but obviously no to the endless abusive comments. So I can understand if someone is just blasting someone for an hour or having cyber sex on the feed or something it would be too far.

As for the word filter it does come into play pretty often, more so in game chat and pm. After the fight someone says something, the other person responds and the one who responds gets BLed. I've seen people get BLed over simply calling someone an f ing noob or things along those lines. Even when it wasn't directed at them, just simply venting on the feed.

The guidlines for what constitutes a BL are so loose that just about anything can be deemed a BL offense. Banning for something deemed "offensive" is relative, it's completely subject to perspective as well as personal feelings. For example if someone calls me an idiot, I'm not going to be offended, yet someone may take offense to that, does that make it offensive? Then there's context, if it's a joke or not etc. Not to mention cultural and language barriers that cause confusion.
12/12
Goralion - Admin - E X C A L I B U R English
Monday 05/08/2013, 12:02

It is possible the way the friend feed work may be tweaked. Thanks for the idea, I'll talk about this.

As for blasklisting : BL always come from a complaint, friend feed or not. Insults are not allowed : http://www.urban-rivals.com/player/cgv.php BL's are always justified, we never blacklist for "noob" only, etc.

« Previous12Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals