Huracan -- Broken

Huracan -- Broken
Monday 05/08/2013, 11:56
0 the oracle - Imperator English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
74 messages
Huracan -- Broken
0 the oracle - Imperator - Open CasketEnglish - Monday 05/08/2013, 11:56

Before you guys start bashing me blah they are weak against SoB/SoA blah STOP and think about it!

Bonus:
Huracan, no doubt has easily one of the best bonuses in game especially ELO. Rescue hands down had the best bonus, but Huracan now bests the limit by starting at a WHOPPING +14 attack. Also, its almost a joke that they don't even have to be used in mono, half decks make the best combinations, coupled with something defensive like Jungo/ Pussy or wtv they can work great. By starting with an advantage like this, it is actually incredibly EASY to keep on the advantage and not losing the edge on your bonus, keeping that +14 attack for 1 or 2 more turns.

Comparison with other +/-attack clans: Makes other clans seem like a joke, only Montana/Uppers come CLOSE~

Anyway, enough with the bonus, lets look at the cards and synergy.

Zapatino: easily one of the best 2*s, in the game with support of its bonus. 2* counterpart Ivy (considered a good card), she has a least potent bonus (in most cases) and a higher minimum.. what?

Derby Queen: Sorry what? You say 7/5? For a 2* with a beast bonus? Wow.. i dont care if its situational, reprisal is one of the easier activation skills.

El Gascaro: Good card, but ability is almost broken together with bonus. And your opponent has to block too, 6 damage is no easy deal.

El Matador: Great stats, solid ability albeit situational again works well with bonus.

Continued on the next post..
« Previous12345678Next »

11/74
Thai_231 - Veteran - 3LO MA$T3R English
Tuesday 06/08/2013, 20:36

@ The Ideal: At the time Rescue rules in Elo, they don't need any 8 power cards, and until now, they still don't. For a clan like Huracan, a 8 power card is really a huge advantage. As others said, the thing that make Huracan quite strong (I dont say they are unbeatable) is that they are playable in half deck, have a first turn with + 14 attack is a considerable plus, and if you play half deck, you do not need to spend a lot of pills to get an advantage.
Jungo - Huracan, Nightmare - Huracan, Pussy Cat - Huracan, Sahkrohm - Huracan, last week you can see Huracan everywhere.
Regarding the bans, you can compare them with the Frozn or the Berzerk, the two clan released before Huracan, to see what is the difference: Until now, there is only one card have ever been banned for both of these clans. But the number of Huracan cards appeared on ban list, to date, is 4: Derby Queen, La Cobra, El Matador and El Gascaro , if my memory is right.
12/74
The Ideal - Master English
Tuesday 06/08/2013, 23:40

The ban list just shows the most played cards, every clan that appears on it has 4 cards so thats not something you can argue against the clan. As for the berserk and Frozn bans look at the cards that were banned. Spyke was banned every week and had the most votes for weeks before he got staff banned, same with kalindra. El Gascaro has been banned a few times but is never the most voted on so I doubt he will get banned by the staff. And having a first turn of +14 attack is there to balance out the fact that you can potentially end up with a bonus of +1 attack.
13/74
Wednesday 07/08/2013, 06:36

@ The Ideal: The ban list I mentioned here is not the list you vote every week, it's the list of banned card from Elo. I doubt that you play this mode of game every week. Derby Queen was banned two weeks ago, same with El Matador, El Gascaro got banned for the last two weeks and La Cobra got banned the week after she released.
14/74
Wednesday 07/08/2013, 06:44

@ The Ideal: And about the thing you said that every clan that appears on the voting list has 4 cards, can you check it again and how many cards Ulu Watu or Fang Pi Clang or Berzerk or Vortex appears on that list .
15/74
The Ideal - Master English
Wednesday 07/08/2013, 18:13

I still stand by my point, a random ban here and there doesnt mean they are broken. If they truly where broken like Spyke and kalindra where then El Gascaro wouldnt be at 5.6% vote. As for the list i see 4 Vortex characters, cyb lia, Dagg, t gank, and C Wing. You dont see fang pi clan or berserk cause they werent the most played clans last week. And you are correct i did forget the Derby Queen ban and the El Matador, then again kerozzin got banned last week; Does that mean she's broken too? doubt it.
16/74
thefub_1134_ - Imperator - wicked souls English
Thursday 08/08/2013, 03:58

@ The Ideal
There have been 16 characters(minus the ld) released since 5-17-13. Four of these characters have been banned to this date(8-7-13). That makes 25% of the Huracan banned at some point in 3 months. I was not playing at the time the Frozn or Berserk were released so I cannot speak for the bans of those clans but it seems to me that people are trying to lessen the advantage of the Huracan. If Spyke and Kalindra were banned as much as you mentioned that speaks for one card within the clan not the whole clan.
17/74
JO3SHMO - Imperator - aussie crusaders English
Thursday 08/08/2013, 04:22

Some interesting points in this thread.

Just quickly on the format election and bans and whatnot... The fact that there have been 4 different cards temp-banned instead of 1 blatantly OP card (ie. Kalindra) suggests that it's just an in-general-clan-nerf rather than a this-card-is-OP kind of ban.

In my opinion, Huracan aren't OP. I guess it depends on what threshold you call OP and what you're comparing them too.

Huracan are good. They have threatening 2*, a very good early game bonus (that can be sustained or even improved for later rounds), and strong choices at the rest of the star counts depending on how many stars you need.

If they were OP as a clan, they would be among the most played every single week right? For anyone who played in the higher levels last week they'd know that Huracan were definitely very popular. This week, not so much. In fact, I've hardly seen them at all (and not for a lack of games). Trends obviously change as the week progresses, so come Sunday it may be a different story.

I won't go listing their strengths and weaknesses, as it has already been argued extensively earlier in this thread. I just feel that just because Huracan are a strong clan at the moment, they're not as blatantly OP as has been implied. Not yet, anyway.
18/74
Thursday 08/08/2013, 04:25

PS: Spyke was not the only Berzerk to get banned. During Berzerk's power era with their formidable 4, Elvis was also banned frequently. I also have this feeling that there was a week where 3/4 of them (probably Lola) were all banished at once.

I think Rad also got a player ban for Frozn not that long ago, but not 100%. Not that relevant, just saying it's not just Kalindra.
19/74
A-Trak - Legend - Wise Men Distracted English
Friday 09/08/2013, 07:43

El Gascaro deserves a permaban.
20/74
Friday 09/08/2013, 08:52

I have to admit, El Gascaro is very strong indeed. When he is released from the player-bans, Huracan will immediately get stronger, and closer (if not past) the threshold of being overpowered.

« Previous12345678Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals