Huracan -- Broken

Huracan -- Broken
Monday 05/08/2013, 11:56
0 the oracle - Imperator English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
69 messages
Huracan -- Broken
0 the oracle - Imperator - Open CasketEnglish - Monday 05/08/2013, 11:56

Before you guys start bashing me blah they are weak against SoB/SoA blah STOP and think about it!

Bonus:
Huracan, no doubt has easily one of the best bonuses in game especially ELO. Rescue hands down had the best bonus, but Huracan now bests the limit by starting at a WHOPPING +14 attack. Also, its almost a joke that they don't even have to be used in mono, half decks make the best combinations, coupled with something defensive like Jungo/ Pussy or wtv they can work great. By starting with an advantage like this, it is actually incredibly EASY to keep on the advantage and not losing the edge on your bonus, keeping that +14 attack for 1 or 2 more turns.

Comparison with other +/-attack clans: Makes other clans seem like a joke, only Montana/Uppers come CLOSE~

Anyway, enough with the bonus, lets look at the cards and synergy.

Zapatino: easily one of the best 2*s, in the game with support of its bonus. 2* counterpart Ivy (considered a good card), she has a least potent bonus (in most cases) and a higher minimum.. what?

Derby Queen: Sorry what? You say 7/5? For a 2* with a beast bonus? Wow.. i dont care if its situational, reprisal is one of the easier activation skills.

El Gascaro: Good card, but ability is almost broken together with bonus. And your opponent has to block too, 6 damage is no easy deal.

El Matador: Great stats, solid ability albeit situational again works well with bonus.

Continued on the next post..
« Previous1234567Next »

31/69
-Glacier- - Imperator - E X C A L I B U R English
Tuesday 13/08/2013, 07:26

Unban Elvira and Lea, problem solved (A new, probably worse problem emerges however)
32/69
Quickdevil - Event team - Penumbra English
Tuesday 13/08/2013, 21:59

Huracan ...

It took over the practise rooms with 60 life points.

it kinda destroyed elo . so many clans are no match for Huracan, or it is a instand 50/50 situation.

at least 3 cards should get a Perm. ban.

; Zapatino ( makes even the Freaks chanceless, overpill in most situations. )
; Kinichaw ( desctiption of 0 the oracle tells enough )

and the 3rd one did not come out yet ...
The face of Huracan, the Leader ... that has not show his face yet.

Soa clans can stop the great abilitys from this clan, but it is not enough ... the bonus is too deadly.
33/69
Lingod - Imperator - Harbingers of Ares Português
Wednesday 14/08/2013, 11:12

Well I think with Hurracan on the loose Elo isnt has much fun has it used to be. Yes Hurracan is dominating Elo at the moment but its also making the matches way to predictable.
I like to us Sob clans, levels out the playing field and keeps players relying on their ability to win the match, also Sob clans are usually underpowered so its up to you to fool your opponent.
This week with Oshitsune free I'm having fun with Nightmare and a Rad on steroids. After playing against Hurracan in a few battles Its easy to see people creating a trend on how they use them against Sob, of course the good players will know better and usually I have to think in that situation but If I smell a not so good player reaching higher scores in Elo 2 out of 3 times they are easily predicted, and easily defeated.

This has been my experience playing against the Hurracan, I dont think they are broken has a clan, just need some permabans to level up the playing field.
34/69
0 the oracle - Imperator - Open Casket English
Thursday 15/08/2013, 08:18

My suggestions, although it has not quite been done before.

Kinichaw: as she currently stands, 7/9, overpowered sorry. how about 7/4 +4 life? effect still stays, but definitely more balanced

Zapatino: make him a clone of Ivy/ Ludmilla 6/2 poison 2 min. 4 makes more sense, and still very powerful opener.

and etc etc.

OR

kind of a funny proposal, but makes sense. Raise the ELO life to 15 life, and change the bonus to: + 2 life per 3 health points (round down). That way, they still start at a very healthy +10 attack, but as the game goes on it is substantially less powerful and easier to deal with.

UR please consider this
35/69
Thursday 15/08/2013, 08:22

Or better yet, now that I think about it putting ELO mode back to 12 life point is also a possibility. Possible changes in meta would maybe cause Freaks to be far less potent, so change bonus to poison 2 min 2?
36/69
HoAzeem - Imperator - Harbingers of Ares English
Thursday 15/08/2013, 13:54

Oracle they can't change the cards once they have come out, they have before but these were minute changes.

I think 3-4 cards simply need to be banned, in my opinion Derby Queen, Kinichaw + El Gascaro. These are the most threatening cards your seeing in Elo, Zapatino can be stopped. El Matador, Still beast but he is also stoppable in my opinion.

I think what UR is doing is giving them cards that have good synergy with the bonus, now that's not a bad thing but they need to nerf the abilities slightly. If El Gascaro was a DR I think it would've been a lot better. Kinichaw more like Aurora and Derby Queen more like Jessie.

And I think 12 life Elo, Nah. The change is for a reason, it stops the 2 hit ko's and I think it is a change for the better. But I think just the abilities need to be nerfed in my opinion.
37/69
Pilluminati - Legend - URBAN MADNESS English
Thursday 15/08/2013, 23:03

Zapatino gets banned now and then and is a good opener,certainly not the greatest opener in the whole history of the game.Pilling against him isn't a strategy i'd employ,as he's not a real threat,and as pop culture has taught us with any midget,you can throw a wall at him and he gets knocked flat on his butt. Power reducers and increasers take note.banning him won't really do much anyway,as his clan synergy only is so effective because the Huracan are new,and doesn't contribute much to the clan aside from forcing pills.

Derby Queen is more of a threat,but,registers less of a blip on the ban scale than Zapatino,so surely she's not that annoying.

El Gascaro is and should be banned.An excellent fork with varying degrees of success depending on how well you like fortifying your life points.And you can't just avoid him,as losing the round results in 6 damage,while winning the round with anything lower than a 3 star is a waste.

Kinichaw is pretty much broken and on her way to being the card with the highest % ban every week in elo this season,so discussing seeing her in elo isn't going to be much of a topic any time soon.
38/69
I eat pasta - Senior English
Friday 16/08/2013, 00:22

I told everyone when Huracan bonus was release they will be great in ELO. Everyone thought they were too situational. However as we see the bonus is the greatest turn 1 opener.

The clan forces the opponent to over extend the opening turn because the player using Huracan will get a pill advantage right off the bat.
39/69
Friday 16/08/2013, 10:37

For people who does not quite understand what the issue is, please let me try to express this in another way.

There is nothing as truly 'overpowered'. Kolos can be widely regarded as overpowered, but does that mean you win the game when you get him in your hand? no... but he heavily sways the battle into your favor. He might be weak to ability SoA, but that is not so common and everything has a weakness. but other than that, he is a beast, no doubt.

I am not saying Huracan is unbeatable, but they have a heavily skewed bonus that is almost a joke, as explained before, Rescue in half decks.

The problem here is almost the very mentality of the staffs themselves. Huracan does not have a normal tier bonus, but one that is at the pinnacle.

Take an easier example, does Sakrohm and Uppers get the same cards? no, because clearly Uppers has the better bonus, and hence weaker cards in general. But honestly, that has not quite been the case, so Uppers is vastly more popular (trust me I have seen), despite main attractions such as Uranus, Petra, Jautya and formerly Mokra.

To compensate with their powerful bonus, comparatively weaker cards should be released.

so no more Derby Queen, Kinichaw, Zapatino. Even with power creep, the best they should get should be marginally better cards than Rescue, not overpowered 7/5 2* cards.
40/69
Kungfu Sock - Senior - Open Casket English
Friday 16/08/2013, 11:13

Ive never had much problem with Huracan. Their base powers are a little bit high considering their bonus can be higher than Rescue. But all these cards you are listing as 'OP' Are the only cards played and once you learn to counter them or they get banned, there isn't much left that makes them all too viable.

They have to be very predictable and often players will focus too much on trying to get life back.

My suggestions would be create a few more staple cards for the clan, but all around 6 power.
Perhaps put a max on their bonus? So while they can still get to 18 life first round with Kinichaw, it might be capped at 14 attack. And would make their bonus op, just ensure it lasts into the 3rd round.

« Previous1234567Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals