Talent Shows

Talent Shows
Friday 09/08/2013, 11:07
Boing - Moderator English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
41 messages
Talent Shows
Boing - Moderator - Clint StaffEnglish - Friday 09/08/2013, 11:07

As the first festival gets under way in Clint City, this year nothing will be quite like it used to be! What with the Huracan clan transforming a concert into a wrestling ring, the Freaks' displays of force and a Jungo member calmly stirring a cup of tea in the park, it seems like the month of August is going to be anything but boring. The level 4 Huracan member, El Mercurio, has just delivered his greatest hits accompanied by level 3 character, Belly Buster. Meanwhile, level 2 Jungo gentleman, Flint, tries to inflict tea-time on the far from patient level 5 Freaks member, Hindelga.Get these characters in the shop's packs.5 new missions have been added. Find the list of Newblood missions by clicking on the Missions tab.
« Previous12345Next »

21/41
Katsu-chan - Legend - Harbingers of Ares English
Friday 09/08/2013, 16:21

Oi, come on - another 4* Huracan with manipulate life point skill? why dont they make manipulate power/ SOA/ SOB/ or a decent -dam cards? And what with the troll cards?
and Flint - nice 2* but too much competition can we have another 4/5* Jungo? u already ban both Askai & Troompah.
Only good card - Hindelga - reprisal is easier to use compare to courage and even without her ability she is still a wall 8/5
22/41
Chozo-Kid - Guru - Masters of Battle English
Friday 09/08/2013, 16:38

@ trippie

true and I just don't find that Belly Buster is a good card that 4p with protection bonus is bad. heck Tobbie is a better 4p card than Belly Buster
23/41
Dexwell - Imperator - URBAN MADNESS English
Friday 09/08/2013, 17:13

Huracan for me is turning out to be a huge disappointment. Besides a few cards I really like most of these releases are just boring for me. As Katsu-Chan above said, there is no power manipulation/SOA/SOB. Besides att. manipulation those are my favorite abilities and they've all been completely avoided. Gatuchica alone hardly makes any difference. I guess at this point my only hope is getting a Cr from the Huracan cards I do have, as I will not be getting any more. The clan right now is not playable for me, the over abundance of 4/5* is destroying that.
24/41
Carnage_Time - Imperator - D-Versified English
Friday 09/08/2013, 17:43

Derby Queen being a 7/2(5) sucks... Also a 2*, one of the best 2* allowed in ELO lol. Possible 7/5 2* +14 attack first turn. Yikes. Zapatino is also quite a good cardto get poison in. Kinichaw and El Matador have great synergy. El Magistrado fits perfectly. They are far from being unusable.
25/41
Friday 09/08/2013, 18:17

Well your play style is different than mine. My play style is different than most other players and it suits me just fine. Just because people say a certain card is a staple doesn't generalize that to everyone. I don't like poison and I don't really care for reprisal. Like I said above I like att. manipulation mainly which I thought Huracan upon release had a lot of potential. But the lack of SOA/SOB/Power Manip. has turned me off from the clan. That is my play style. If you like Huracan and can use them awesome. For me they are unusable because the clan doesn't fit my play style.

I also never said the value of 4/5* were horrible. I said an over abundance of them is destroying the playability for me. If you read the comments on those 4/5*'s many people might agree with me to an extent. I like most of the Huracan 4/5*, but their lack of 2/3* that suit me as a player ruins it for me.
26/41
UM_Screx - Imperator - URBAN MADNESS English
Friday 09/08/2013, 18:40

The problem with El Mercurio is that his ability means you need to take a hit right before you use him, which hurts his bonus(in most cases). If his ability were + life it would make the whole debate on if you take a hit, you can strengthen your other Huracan later, but I'm afraid huracan's take of Russel just won't make the cut.

Belly Buster boasts(try saying that 5x fast) amazing damage for a 3*, but a poor power only supported by its bonus. Katrina was not a good Rescue 2*, and I predict the same of this Huracan 3*... Unless if you can win with Kinichaw and El Matador before in ELO scoring 21 attack/life.

Hindelga has great power, useable damage(5 damage is ok on a 5*, but not worth bragging) a good ability, and a good bonus. Hindelga can take on the majority of cards of the same level, similarly to Minerva or Mokra. If you go last on the first round, she almost gaurantees poison. Later in the game, she can get in a ko, or stop one, or maybe both. She's versatile in many ways that I think can be easily abused by the Freaks bonus.

Flint at first glance seemed great to me. Good power and damage for a 2*... Fair ability that works out ok for the bonus... But ultimately though, competition is what makes all good cards bad... Er, underused maybe. With Pegh, Mindy, and Jean, Flint will struggle to make the cut.

Belly Buster: 4/10
El Mercurio: 6/10
Hindelga:10/10
Flint: 6/10
27/41
Pilluminati - Legend - URBAN MADNESS English
Friday 09/08/2013, 18:40

I think the Huracan are just fine in ELO. Just ask El Gascaro. Belly Buster is pretty ridiculous(she's like the proto Mort Bax or Skiner if you ask me), but boy oh boy, you laugh now, but if you let El Matador and Kinichaw or even La Cobra slap you around, you are looking at a twenty something attack wall on zero pills. That's Rowdy territory, ladies and gents and unless you have a wall or at least a strong attack manip, you're going to have to pill.
28/41
Friday 09/08/2013, 18:56

I'm sure many people love them for ELO. I don't doubt their ELO clout but call me crazy and many people will I've never been a fan of ELO. The constant changes and the need for a "staple" deck really turns me off. The problem with ELO is for me, when you see a preset and you get an ELO value for an explanation up in the description. Everyone sees the ELO value and they're like wow I'm using that. It's all about using a presets now. It just seems so generic to me, because players are pushed into using certain clans every week and disregarding others because of card bans. All I'm going to say is I miss T1. If anyone uses Huracan outside of ELO please post and give some opinions.
29/41
Firefox1134 - Hero - wicked souls English
Friday 09/08/2013, 21:11

I suggest they should make that can stop fury attacks they might be usefull,
30/41
UM_Screx - Imperator - URBAN MADNESS English
Friday 09/08/2013, 23:38

The problem with Huracan is that their gameplan relies heavily on the first couple turns. Sure if you win with Kinichaw and El Matador on the first 2 turns you can get 21 attack on turn 3, but if your opponent gets something like Greem or even Cyb Lhia's poison... Yikes...

Not to mention that soa could be very helpful...

If Huracan needs a good 4*, I would wonder if a 7/3 heal 2 max 13 should be good. It'd make for an interesting play that wouldn't necessarily replace El Matador, though it would still be weak to soa...

« Previous12345Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals