People leaving elo KO matches

Monday 26/08/2013, 17:13
Spikey 13 - Guru English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
19 messages
Spikey 13 - Guru - lonely fightersEnglish - Monday 26/08/2013, 17:13

Major rant over a minor problem here guys...
If you're about to KO someone in elo, it's damn annoying if they leave the battle, and particularly so if they let it time out.
I get it. Your opp. is annoyed at having been beaten so hard they get KO'd in a mode with 14 life and low damage, and they can take some small solace in preventing you from getting that KO. Me, I've never been so bloodyminded, I just take my just punishment if someone manages to beat me so hard ( I shamelessly admit to playing the OP Huracan, if I win round 1 victory is almost certain, and if I lose it defeat is almost certain, and when I lose, I tend to lose pretty hard, but if I win it's pwnage. Anyway...)
My point is, what would people think if the UR staff released these missions:
Mission: Win X fights by default in elo
Mission: Win X fights by timeout in elo
I think they would offer nice consolation prizes to those who've faced people who just want to annoy an opp. who's beaten them.

Thoughts would be appreciated
« Previous12Next »

11/19
Spikey 13 - Guru - lonely fighters English
Wednesday 28/08/2013, 00:38

What I meant was thoughts about my suggested solution, or solutions of their own, not complaints about someone identifying the problem! Would it work? It's only a minor problem, but easily solvable I'm sure... If some people, (like me) are unhappy, (people would be lying if they didn't admit it was sometimes mildly annoying if it happened to them), there's no harm in suggesting a possible solution. (I know, obvious solution, don't play elo so this never happens :sneer.
True, people play elo for it's own sake not the missions. But then why did the staff introduce elo based missions at all?
Extra missions like I suggested would cause a (admittedly small) decrease in this unsporting behaviour and result in more money for everyone. Why would you not want more money? It's not as if a tiny increase of virtual currency (ie Clintz) resulting will cause people to lose faith in said virtual currency and cause hyperinflation or such economic drivel!
I understand the reasoning of A-trak et al. (though think it a tad inconsiderate of others, I wouldn't do it myself as I don't like people doing it to me). I just think my suggestion means people like that can continue to leave matches, and people who have people leave matches against them and rob them of a KO have a consolation prize. No playstyle changes for any of you, which is I guess what one of your beefs is about, more money going round, I stop talking, everyone's happy.
12/19
JO3SHMO - Imperator - aussie crusaders English
Wednesday 28/08/2013, 03:11

It isn't really an issue in my opinion. It's not supposed to be a mission that you try to grind out in the ELO room. It's just one of those missions that passively completes itself as a result of normal play. Admittedly it takes a large number of games for it to happen, but it finishes eventually.

Unless you go into the ELO room specifically trying to KO for this mission, people resigning shouldn't bother you.
13/19
0 ComeAtMe - Titan - aussie crusaders English
Wednesday 28/08/2013, 07:29

"What I meant was thoughts about my suggested solution, or solutions of their own, not complaints about someone identifying the problem!"

But there is no problem in the first place! Why are we even complaining about a quick win in the first place? I personally get irritated when players don't leave when they have no hope in winning.

About your mission "solutions"- They would not work. Winning by default would encourage cheating in the mode, and timeouts aren't encouraged. A wise man once told me, if it's not broken then don't fix it.
14/19
wasteroftime - Moderator - Open Casket English
Wednesday 28/08/2013, 19:24

In elo i prefer to leave or the other person to leave when the game is sealed
the worse is when people extend the match even longer
15/19
412rayray - Titan - D-Versified English
Wednesday 28/08/2013, 20:12

It's still super annoying when ur opponent acts like a lil b*tch n wastes ur time by timing out
16/19
HoAzeem - Imperator - Harbingers of Ares English
Thursday 29/08/2013, 14:31

What's annoying about people leaving is simply you earn less points. That's it.

When people just try to time-out or make the game as long as it can possibly be is what it is.
17/19
Spikey 13 - Guru - lonely fighters English
Thursday 29/08/2013, 20:44

Fair enough, I see now that this is only a problem to my mind as I'm looking at the KO missions in the wrong way, as something to aim to achieve. So they are just meant to passively take place over ages then? Guess I'll stop going to elo specifically to KO then.
0 ComeAtMe you make a good point, the last thing we want is people organising battles then deliberately leaving or timing out for the sake of missions. Timing out is worse than leaving by far. But then, I ask, wouldn't people who stoop so low already be doing so for the sake of their own and their friends elo scores? Cheating probably goes on anyway. Still, you're right that if my solutions were made into missions they would have that bad side-effect.
If the majority prefer people to leave rather than play ther battle out I'll hold my hands up and let utilitarianism do it's work. I guess I just get nettled by the occasional guy who is losing 14-1 in the 4th round with no Pillz, lets the timer tick down to 10 secs left then leaves the battle.
I now have my angst about this resolved by peoples persuasivity...
18/19
wasteroftime - Moderator - Open Casket English
Friday 30/08/2013, 07:05

They can make a mission that says

win 100 fights by timeout in ELO vs players with a score of 1300+ -- and the prize is a gigantic mystery box

then we would all be begging for opponents to timeout
19/19
Sir B00BY - Legend English
Friday 30/08/2013, 08:07

Lol

« Previous12Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals