[RECR] In Pursuit of Excellence

Wednesday 28/08/2013, 22:48
XC-MeRLiN - Legend Русский

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
58 messages
XC-MeRLiN - Legend - E X C A L I B U RРусский - Friday 30/08/2013, 15:39

Why don't we try to bring together different language guilds, so that we can progress together. Great players are everywhere. My aim is to form an outside forum, like the mod forum, not a guild, to bring these great people all over the world, together. The common denominator will be the forum members should speak English.
Here, great players can share ideas, yet stay in own guilds, and bring glory to their respective guilds. Together, we push the limits of ELO, DT and Survivor.
Membership will be by invitation, and my inspiration for this is a business forum of which I am a lucky member, idea courtesy goes to Cyber and Sir B00BY.
Wide publicity will be given in all language forums.
What do people think?
Kindly post your valuable opinions here.
Thanks.

edited by Sir B00BY Friday 30/08/2013, 15:39
« Previous123456Next »

2/58
Jamoxxx - Legend - Open Casket English
Wednesday 28/08/2013, 22:55

Funny how I just had that exact idea, and was about to pm goralion about it.

I think it would be great. Does it actually exist?
3/58
Wednesday 28/08/2013, 22:55

Although mine was just a multi-international forum
4/58
WP_Bauldy - Titan - War Party English
Wednesday 28/08/2013, 23:01

I'm game, Personally i would like to see an increase in the UK community. Seems to have gone downhill over recent months.
5/58
0_AAR - Legend - E X C A L I B U R English
Wednesday 28/08/2013, 23:10

Meh... it doesn't work... there's a limit to skill, the rest is luck.... so pushing the limits is not really made possible by such a guild or whatever u wanna call it

just my noobish opinion
6/58
XC-MeRLiN - Legend - E X C A L I B U R Русский
Wednesday 28/08/2013, 23:23

Jamox, this is copyright protected
AAR, you were the first recruit in my mind, when I had this idea when I was suffering from a bad diarrhoea and was staying up awake on the toilet seat, playing UR on my tab.
Jokes apart, I know skill plays a part, but combine brains, we can produce some 1600s, trust me on this one.
Have I ever misled anyone?
Bauldy: You hit the nail right on the effin head. You are now talking my language. We need to hold people here, and En community should prosper. We need to plug the drain, and for that every major guild founder, mods, ops, forum-ops, event team members, and stalwart players should work together.
Luckily we have a very supportive staff member in the form of Goralion, and why not/ We can even bring people into this game.
The age of guilds is over.
You don't need to be in any particular country to become rich/talented.
Likewise, there are amazing people in every guild. And antagonisms between guilds will disappear when they understand that their members are not going anywhere, but some are drafted into an elite community, who in turn, can help their own guilds prosper.
We all remain friends and everyone benefits, and our game will flourish.
Come on AAR, don't be a skeptic, be a believer
7/58
Wednesday 28/08/2013, 23:33

Does it exist?
Also a multi-international forum would be good too.

And bauldy, we all want more players,but there just aren't any that want to come. UR needs to up its game to attract fresh neat.
8/58
WP_Bauldy - Titan - War Party English
Wednesday 28/08/2013, 23:44

I think it is important to maintain a level of openness within the community as well though. Allowing for new people to join in should they wish in order to keep things as fresh as possible. The overall EN community is in danger of stagnating with the same old fossils like us holding it up. The new blood has dried up and we need to find a way of bringing it back.

An elite community sounds interesting but it must be done in a way that it doesn't alienate those in ''elite'' from the rest of UR.

I have always found the best way to encourage new members to stick at the game is to show them that even though i am a founder of a guild i am no different from them. I am just here to have fun and interact with a worldwide community of people all really just looking for the same thing, A bit of fun and a way to escape the stresses of real life. They lose that fear factor and come out their shells more.

I was a level 15 when i started the war party. I don't know if it was luck or boldness that led to it being a success but i am damn sure if i tried it now it would fail within a couple of days. That is how things have changed. I had no idea what i was doing but a few members of the community chose to help me. Too many players these days want to see you fail.
9/58
Myeltd - Legend - Limit Break English
Wednesday 28/08/2013, 23:49

Also, merl, to answer your question of whether you've misled anyone, I think this pm from a month ago (when I was in the middle of making war party the most unique guild in this game) just about sums it up:

Dr Lecter => Myeltd
M e R L i N, Tuesday 30/07, 16:03
Myeltd, come on in as permanent member, you liked your visit, no? Why not show the same amount of activity here and easily become admin?

No merlin, you don't mislead anyone...
10/58
XC-MeRLiN - Legend - E X C A L I B U R Русский
Wednesday 28/08/2013, 23:49

Jamox, I am planning a multi pronged approach. As a man who loves this game, we, with the help of people who originally upped this game from a simple flash game to the better version with add-ons that we see as improvements, we need to call upon their help too, and they in turn, have to liaise with the good players and devise ways and means to better this game.
Together, we can do it.
And the saying that comes to my mind is not 'desperate times call for desperate measures', but what the heroine says to Keanu Reeves in 'The Day the Earth Stood Still', " Give us a chance. We have always changed at the brink". We are at that brink. Trust me.
Showering prizes non events and random big Crs for DTs (compare this week's ELO and DT, pretty much the same, and there were times when DT prizes were much more attractive than ELO), are crashing the market, giving noobs nukes, and generally make good players flee in disgust.
Award more clintz, even 2 credits for the first 10 in every DT, people will be more happy.
There are many things to change, and for change to happen, dialogues and discussions with the original people who contributed to this game is a must. Hence this thread, and also there are other irons in the fire, which we need to utilise at the right time.

« Previous123456Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals