[RECR] In Pursuit of Excellence

Wednesday 28/08/2013, 22:48
XC-MeRLiN - Legend Русский

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
58 messages
XC-MeRLiN - Legend - E X C A L I B U RРусский - Friday 30/08/2013, 15:39

Why don't we try to bring together different language guilds, so that we can progress together. Great players are everywhere. My aim is to form an outside forum, like the mod forum, not a guild, to bring these great people all over the world, together. The common denominator will be the forum members should speak English.
Here, great players can share ideas, yet stay in own guilds, and bring glory to their respective guilds. Together, we push the limits of ELO, DT and Survivor.
Membership will be by invitation, and my inspiration for this is a business forum of which I am a lucky member, idea courtesy goes to Cyber and Sir B00BY.
Wide publicity will be given in all language forums.
What do people think?
Kindly post your valuable opinions here.
Thanks.

edited by Sir B00BY Friday 30/08/2013, 15:39
« Previous123456Next »

11/58
XC-MeRLiN - Legend - E X C A L I B U R Русский
Wednesday 28/08/2013, 23:54

It was when I was looking for you to make you admin that I knew you have left, trust me, Myeltd. I have no intention of lying. And it ain't just ELO stalwarts who are admins in XC, Have you seen a level 5 yami prem as admin there? I liked you because you spoke well, concisely, had good sense of humour and I have groomed you like Saville to be our admin. Though thi sain't the right post, because we are seriously discussing something very important here, yes, Myelts, i can cross my heart and say, "No, i didn't mislead you." You jumped the gun, poor bloke.
And I have no rancour, I talked to you, wished all my best for your guild, agreed to visit you, and we stay as friends.
Did I answer your question to your satisfaction?
12/58
elliotio_SW - Titan - the shockwaves English
Wednesday 28/08/2013, 23:57

I am here to help in any attempt to help sort community/the game... that is if my help is wanted... me and my guild may not be the most famous but we are quite good
13/58
WP_Bauldy - Legend - War Party English
Thursday 29/08/2013, 00:02

Merlin is saying plenty of things i have said before, Mainly in conversation with NVMi. This game is on it's way out because they have overloaded it with market killing games. It should be stripped back to it's Roots and brought forward again in a slightly different direction.

The big 5 collectors should be as exclusive as they once were. I actually liked it when they were impossible to get a hold of and maybe once a month 1 would appear as a top elo prize. THE WHOLE FREAKING GAME would come alive with people playing elo hoping they would be the 1 to score huge. Literally thousands upon thousands of people playing elo daily.

While this was going on you had DT pretty much sitting in the background but giving new players a few clintz each day to help fund their decks. Back then 4-5k was a lot of clintz to a new player should they get lucky.

Get rid of deathmatch, Level 60 noobs? No thanks. It took me over a year playing almost daily to reach level 50. Now players are doing it in a day. Sickens me. The amount of pride i felt when i finally got my Vholt. I really felt like i had achieved something. Back then he cost too much to buy also. He was actually quite rare.

Which gives me a further idea, Remove Leader sales from the market. Players want a Leader? Make them work for it. Let them feel that sense of achievement i felt. Removing DM will help with this.

All this would bring competition back to the game, Competition is always interesting.
14/58
Thursday 29/08/2013, 00:06

And I WAS NOT STEALING YOU FROM War party, Understand that. You visited us, and we liked you, you liked us, and we clicked great, and there are many people who came and stayed. Nobody in Excaklibur wanted you except me because you didn't meet ANY of our requirements, but I liked you. Because you talked. Made the forum a bit more active.
What other good would it do to Excalibur to have a mere 1307 player in our midst?
Nothing. We are the best guild in UR, judge by any standard. It was mine and mine own decision to introduce 2-3 people at a time who could contribute to our guild in other areas, and since your sense of humour was good and your English passabele, and since you visited us before, i X marked you as a potential candidate.
My fault?
Or yours, for leaving own guild for an admin offer and rush in?
Excalibur takes time to take decisions because we are a democratic guild and do things by voting, unlike other guilds you might have been in.
I would have made you admin, I would have pushed you through the voting system by lobbying for you (because our mebmers love me, not fear me), but you didn't wait, bro. You wanted to be admin in a HURRY! When you couldn't, you left.
Have I answered our question satisfactorily, now?
15/58
Myeltd - Legend - Limit Break English
Thursday 29/08/2013, 00:08

See, it's posts like these that truly make me wonder if you're doing this because you legitimately care about the game or doing this in an attempt to get excalibur full of fresh, "new" faces. When I accepted that message, it was purely because you made it seem that excalibur could use my help,not because you "groomed" me (because trust me, you didn't) but because even I know that my innovation brings something unique to any guild that I'm not founder of. After staying for a week, with you being founder of four of them, I found the guild to be pretty pretentious and unwilling to even remotely accept minor changes (the "core group" of event players doing all of your events being one of them). Thus, after a week of boredom, ignored messages, and failed promises, I ran back into war party hoping I could continue from where I left off. After seeing you consistently push your recruitment ideas on here, in addition to the failed second trip and sentiments coming hours after my guild collapsed, I fail to see exactly how this couldn't possibly result in a recruitment idea. Either way, good luck on this, and hopefully I'll be wrong for just the third time in the last four months on here.
16/58
Thursday 29/08/2013, 00:14

@Post 13 Bauldy: The best people that we can trust to help us here with our grievances are Daexen, one of the seniormost mods, and I am not disregarding mods of good standing like FM, Artemis, or new mods like Red Rob/Onlyone, just to name a few; also not to forget awesome French, Italian and Portugese mods that I have taked to. We are in serious trouble, and we need fire power. massive lobbying power and from good people, who if we are able to convinve, can pull their weight to change things and save this game.
And that's what we are gonna do.
Work in tandem, not to try fix blames, or squabble with each other.
The time has come to unite, for our better good.
17/58
Thursday 29/08/2013, 00:16

Entirely, your choice, myeltd, but read and digest what I wrote carefully, and shall we not discuss this outside this serius topic, maybe in the XC Rec thread even?
18/58
WP_Bauldy - Legend - War Party English
Thursday 29/08/2013, 00:20

Well the mods should have no problem reading this but we really need their input as well.

I am sure they have their own opinions on the direction that this game is taking.

I don't think it would cripple the game to remove DM and reconsider how many major collectors they are releasing onto the market. as a start. Also wonder if they would be in favour of removing leaders from the market aswell. Forcing people to work for them.
19/58
Thursday 29/08/2013, 00:23

Not really, let them keep he crap leaders, but starting now, only award leaders (stellar ones) who reach a certain standard in not just level, but ELO, Surv and DT.
20/58
Myeltd - Legend - Limit Break English
Thursday 29/08/2013, 00:23

What the mods should do is add a forum exclusively for those who have played the game for at least 2-3 + years or are at least lv70. Then it'll offer people the ability to seriously discuss things without getting one of these every 5mins; tinyurl.com/sexysquirt

Also, merl, you're failing to understand the big picture here. Rather than take it to a topic few read, it'd be even easier to take it to a place that only two can read. A la private messages!

« Previous123456Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals