[RECR] In Pursuit of Excellence

Wednesday 28/08/2013, 22:48
XC-GreMLiN - Legend Русский

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
58 messages
XC-GreMLiN - Legend - E X C A L I B U RРусский - Friday 30/08/2013, 15:39

Why don't we try to bring together different language guilds, so that we can progress together. Great players are everywhere. My aim is to form an outside forum, like the mod forum, not a guild, to bring these great people all over the world, together. The common denominator will be the forum members should speak English.
Here, great players can share ideas, yet stay in own guilds, and bring glory to their respective guilds. Together, we push the limits of ELO, DT and Survivor.
Membership will be by invitation, and my inspiration for this is a business forum of which I am a lucky member, idea courtesy goes to Cyber and Sir B00BY.
Wide publicity will be given in all language forums.
What do people think?
Kindly post your valuable opinions here.
Thanks.

edited by Sir B00BY Friday 30/08/2013, 15:39
« Previous123456Next »

21/58
WP_Bauldy - Titan - War Party English
Thursday 29/08/2013, 00:27

What the mods should do is add a forum exclusively for those who have played the game for at least 2-3 + years or are at least lv70.

^ This is an idea.

Again this would require the removal of DM because players could hit level 70 in less than a week to gain entry.
22/58
XC-GreMLiN - Legend - E X C A L I B U R Русский
Thursday 29/08/2013, 00:27

Bro, I have nothing against you. You can even come back to XC, say how merlin 'Cheated' you, and can go back to WP. Or PM me. Whatever happens, i'm not gonna BL you, instead, i'll keep on my promise to visit your guild when you form one again, if you would permit.
I wish you all the best in all your endeavours.
23/58
Myeltd - Legend - Limit Break English
Thursday 29/08/2013, 00:29

Meh, remove the lv70 requirement then. Another "potential" idea could also be to add level-exclusive forums (ie: you'd need 1300+ elo to access the elo forums, a survivor streak of 10 to access the survivor forums, etc. ). Right now, stats are relatively meaningless (no offense to the people who "care" ), and unlock nothing. Give'm some potential to do some good...
24/58
XC-GreMLiN - Legend - E X C A L I B U R Русский
Thursday 29/08/2013, 00:46

THis Leader issue has been ongoing for some time, Grim.
Pls see http://www.urban-rivals.com/en/community/forum/?mode=viewsubject&forum_page=0&id_subject=2369378&subject_page=last#answers and actively participate.
Actually, more than one staff told me that they would indeed consider this, but consider what, is the problem.
25/58
TGAP-Trixie - Senior English
Thursday 29/08/2013, 02:10

"only award leaders (stellar ones) who reach a certain standard in not just level, but ELO, Surv and DT."
No no nononononononono, they should just be for collection. You don't want to give them more of a boost and make the newer players feel it's unfair they're losing to players with OP leaders in survivor and DT.

I was excited, and then had too much to read
So make a short summarization and agree upon some "rules"
26/58
AsianRepublic - Titan - E X C A L I B U R English
Thursday 29/08/2013, 02:30

I simply say no to this idea. I have so many explanations how this could go wrong, but I got lazy after revising my argument so many times. But... if you just think about what this would do, it would generate a negative effect.
27/58
Thursday 29/08/2013, 02:33

"But... if you just think about what this would do, it would generate a negative effect."

I have so many explanations on how wrong you are, but after seeing countless people try to counter your points on here, attempting to do so would probably generate a negative effect. Either way, your lack of an argument isn't a way to disprove this argument, so the point maintains! (preferably without a blacklist)
28/58
AsianRepublic - Titan - E X C A L I B U R English
Thursday 29/08/2013, 02:37

I just know this is a bad idea, maybe even a pointless one, unless I'm misunderstood of the concept of what you're trying to achieve from this.
29/58
Thursday 29/08/2013, 02:41

From what I understand, merl wants an outside forums to either promote xc or help everyone get better scores (neither one being proven yet), and I've presented my own idea of having a secondary forums with a level/skill requirement (a bit like in games, in which you unlock bonuses after acquiring certain levels, the "magikarp just learned flail" of ideas). Then everyone added their own ideas, and long story short: I'm confused as to how this is a recruitment topic.
30/58
TGAP-Trixie - Senior English
Thursday 29/08/2013, 02:44

Same
One thing I was thinking as I was reading along was the "elitist" vibe this'd send out to players who weren't allowed in. It singles players out, but then again, if the advice is to be shared with guildies, it's basically free advice, but instead of Merl having to pm every single person, it'd be done by the "elites" of their respective guilds.
If it was done Grim's way, it'd be even more elitist. So much so that I didn't use quotation marks on elitist this time

« Previous123456Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals