[RECR] In Pursuit of Excellence

Wednesday 28/08/2013, 22:48
XC-MerLiN - Eternal English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
58 messages
XC-MerLiN - Eternal - E X C A L I B U REnglish - Friday 30/08/2013, 15:39

Why don't we try to bring together different language guilds, so that we can progress together. Great players are everywhere. My aim is to form an outside forum, like the mod forum, not a guild, to bring these great people all over the world, together. The common denominator will be the forum members should speak English.
Here, great players can share ideas, yet stay in own guilds, and bring glory to their respective guilds. Together, we push the limits of ELO, DT and Survivor.
Membership will be by invitation, and my inspiration for this is a business forum of which I am a lucky member, idea courtesy goes to Cyber and Sir B00BY.
Wide publicity will be given in all language forums.
What do people think?
Kindly post your valuable opinions here.
Thanks.

edited by Sir B00BY Friday 30/08/2013, 15:39
« Previous123456Next »

31/58
AsianRepublic - Titan - E X C A L I B U R English
Thursday 29/08/2013, 02:48

From the idea that I'm grasping from your point of view on the subject, you might as well join an elite guild or just add all the well known players and listen to them in the activity feed. I don't see too much point in making a forum where you can only be invited.

I've talked to good ELO players before, sadly I don't keep in contact with them much anymore because I just don't come onto this game anymore, and the best advice i've gotten from each of these individuals is just to practice and keep playing the game to become a better player. Besides, a player's skill cap in this game is only determined by how much this player wants to achieve something great in this game, while the other half of this skill cap is how lucky you are.
32/58
Myeltd - Legend - Limit Break English
Thursday 29/08/2013, 02:50

To be fair, my idea would be to have the same forums we have now, just duplicated for people of a higher level (in an attempt to make the forums "usable" for the older/more skilled crowd). It isn't technically "elitism" (as the lower levels would still be able to use the forums as well), think "age-ism".
33/58
Squirtroll - Guru - E X C A L I B U R English
Thursday 29/08/2013, 04:01

Lol.
34/58
Cyber - Event team - Open Casket English
Thursday 29/08/2013, 04:08

I have seen many of the greatest elo player form temporary guilds to break the highest record to no avail. This external forum thing will work only if there is a strong common goal. Facilitating the exchange of ideas is a good way but I am pretty sure not many people are willing to share their deck (elo for example) until they make a top.i agree with AsianRepublic.

I am also test bedding it for my business organisation.
35/58
Cyber - Event team - Open Casket English
Thursday 29/08/2013, 04:11

This is more of a group of individuals who want to push their limits if u ask me than a guild thing. Think of it as how we are discussing right now. But they have a common goal in mind. It isnt a guild but discussions and resources shared among one another so I dont see any elitism involved. I think this is what Merlin is trying to say.

edited by Cyber Thursday 29/08/2013, 04:11
36/58
0_Silvers - Legend - Harbingers of Ares English
Thursday 29/08/2013, 04:31

Love to see more active Asians players around here.
37/58
XC-MerLiN - Eternal - E X C A L I B U R English
Thursday 29/08/2013, 09:29

Well, Cyber and Asian Republic have voiced their concerns.
Of course, our forum is far more important to me than this players' communion, but like Excalibur did, once we start it up, and returns follow, it will self-propagate.
@Asian: I don't think every tom, dick and harry will be member there.
I count on a few from staff (mods, ops, etc... included) to join, and then will try to ensemble a starcast that will include just 1500+ players and players who have achieved greatness otherzise (like more than 150 DT wins, level 30 Surv, etc,) and they will be allocated their own forums, where they can discuss their things.
The forums themselves won't be mutually exclusive, but the separate forums will exist in a single broad framework forum (perimeter fence). I ain't at all like ours, Cyber. Ours is a lot easier, and for this, I need to rope in some experts to form this, and I have no worries, this will work.
Can make one that rival UR board, but it has to be hosted on a server, need to have own web-site and such. I am working out the logistics.
And isn't it always better to have tried and failed rather than not try at all? Only I don't plan to fail
38/58
Infiniti - Senior English
Thursday 29/08/2013, 10:14

Had this idea 2/3 years ago when the new guild system came out.. It wouldn't work because after putting a lot of effort into our guilds, it will be difficult for most founders/admins/members to forget all that and move to a new guild just to start again.
39/58
Infiniti - Senior English
Thursday 29/08/2013, 10:19

But nice idea none the less
40/58
WP_Bauldy - Titan - War Party English
Thursday 29/08/2013, 10:19

I believe it possible to keep this idea seperate from the current guild set up.

Just like this public forum is seperate from the guild forum.

« Previous123456Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals