[RECR] In Pursuit of Excellence

Wednesday 28/08/2013, 22:48
XC-MerLiN - Legend Русский

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
58 messages
XC-MerLiN - Legend - E X C A L I B U RРусский - Friday 30/08/2013, 15:39

Why don't we try to bring together different language guilds, so that we can progress together. Great players are everywhere. My aim is to form an outside forum, like the mod forum, not a guild, to bring these great people all over the world, together. The common denominator will be the forum members should speak English.
Here, great players can share ideas, yet stay in own guilds, and bring glory to their respective guilds. Together, we push the limits of ELO, DT and Survivor.
Membership will be by invitation, and my inspiration for this is a business forum of which I am a lucky member, idea courtesy goes to Cyber and Sir B00BY.
Wide publicity will be given in all language forums.
What do people think?
Kindly post your valuable opinions here.
Thanks.

edited by Sir B00BY Friday 30/08/2013, 15:39
« Previous123456Next »

41/58
XC-MerLiN - Legend - E X C A L I B U R Русский
Thursday 29/08/2013, 11:34

@Post 38: Dear Infiniti, that's exactly why, I was giving foundership opportunities to all our admin, and make them ready to take charge on the fly. We have in Excalibur, at least 5, who can take over form me, and run XC better than me, without skipping even a beat.
I am sorry to say that most of the founders (not all), thinks that, their guild would 'collapse if they go, or even if they go on a visit, and they might not be able to get their foundership back once they return. That's not the case in XC. I invest in LOVE. I love my guildies, and in return, most of them love me.
And my inner circle? It can't get any better than that, mate! They are too good.
@Bauldy: Yes it's possible. We will make it possible. But I am just worried about the time it's gonna take and how to break the language barrier. All the good ELO players across many language guilds are not multilingual like this old man.
But I will persevere.
42/58
WP_Bauldy - Titan - War Party English
Thursday 29/08/2013, 12:00

Educate people on the use of google translate, It can be slow but reasonably effective at catching the jist of what is being said.

I often use it when doing deals via PM on the market because i don't have much knowledge in languages, Some German thanks to my mother who is German but not a lot.
43/58
Thursday 29/08/2013, 12:45

Btw, the forum is made, hosted, and fully operational. I am preparing a list of players and staffs (admin, mods, ops, etc, etc) and invitations will be sent out shortly.
Apart from the selected staff, only people who have achieved certain standards will be invited, at first. Then we will try to make it more universal...
44/58
0 Jamox - Titan - Open Casket English
Thursday 29/08/2013, 12:52

What are your standards?
45/58
Cyber - Event team - E X C A L I B U R English
Thursday 29/08/2013, 13:14

There are a couple of external forums I know that is free. But back to your idea, I'm not very sure how long this will last but this will only work if everyone contribute actively. Once the dedicated members see the others not contributing, they won't feel like contributing as much, going downhill. I would rather see a small group that participate in active and quality discussion (like our business organisation) than an external forum with little participation for its (large) user base. It would not be fair for the others. It is like awarding them special citizenship and they did nothing.
46/58
Thursday 29/08/2013, 13:14

1550 ELO, Level 30 or better in Survivor, or 150 DTs won to begin with. Tall order, aye?
Later on, we might relax the norms.
ELO, Surv and DTs have their own inside forums, which are not mutually exclusive.
47/58
BiggerPicture - Titan - E X C A L I B U R English
Thursday 29/08/2013, 13:39

@jamox360 the standards far exceed merlins own for some reason , merlin mustn't be involved in the discussions.
48/58
WP_Bauldy - Titan - War Party English
Thursday 29/08/2013, 13:39

Looks like i need to put some hard graft in if i want to be involved.
49/58
HoAzeem - Imperator - Harbingers of Ares English
Thursday 29/08/2013, 13:40

So the common goal of this thing is not a Guild, but to make the English Community better competitively I understand?
50/58
Myeltd - Legend - Limit Break English
Thursday 29/08/2013, 13:43

Quick question: how exactly will you know if someone has the dt requirement or not? With elo and survivor, the stats are recorded. But with the dt, it isn't, meaning that literally anybody could say they have the stat and gain access...

« Previous123456Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals