Make Room for the Master!

Friday 06/09/2013, 11:05
Boing - Moderator English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
166 messages
Boing - Moderator - Clint StaffEnglish - Friday 06/09/2013, 14:44

The days of the Pile Tower being nothing but a fighting ring are long gone. The new League launched by the Huracan clan has been kicked off with the arrival of their supreme chief. The mysterious luchador and national hero of Los Santos has finally set foot in Clint City.

Level 5, Huracan Leader, Noctezuma has come to make the Government of Clint City shake in its boots. But will he get off to a flying start by crushing the underground business of Level 3, Montana member, Waller? On the other side of town, Level 4 Skeelz professor, Kephren has set out to nab all the students who skipped school to go to the rave of Level 2 Junkz techno harpist, Jarez.

Get these characters in the shop's packs
5 new missions have been added. Find the list of Newblood missions by clicking on the Missions tab.

EDIT : We made a mistake with Noctezuma's Ability. We are currently fixing it.
Its Ability is not Reprisal : Copy Opp. Power and Damage but Reprisal : Copy Opp. Bonus.
We blocked and canceled all market operations on the character while we are fixing the problem.
Sorry for the inconvenience.

edited by Boing Friday 06/09/2013, 14:44
« Previous12...1011121314151617Next »

91/166
misterjones - Titan - Limit Break English
Sunday 08/09/2013, 09:05

Card seems to be broken-- ability is activating on all turns, not just reprisal. As if he wasn't OP enough.
92/166
HoA Grim - Legend - Harbingers of Ares English
Sunday 08/09/2013, 12:10

Jones speaks the truth... I wanted to have a little more fun with it.
93/166
-DaddySteel- - Imperator - Der innere Kreis Deutsch
Sunday 08/09/2013, 13:17

Well... what i read from the ,most comments here, is: Oh no, a new clan got a great card like other clans did before! How dare they give a new clan an awesome card like Ghumbo or Vicky?! That is completely against balancing!

What i say to that is: So when a new clan gets a great card to compete with other clans that already have amazing cards, it is bad? Balancing out the strengh of the T2 cards in a clan so it can take on the extreme T2 clans like Sentinel, Montana, Nightmare and Uppers is bad? Yeah you are the ones who want to see only three to four clans dominate T2, right? This guy will be banned from elo (where the clan is made for) and take place in T2 (where the clan is in an extreme disadvantage) so stop complaining!
94/166
XC Pingvin - Hero - E X C A L I B U R English
Sunday 08/09/2013, 14:02

-daddysteel- essentially what you are saying is that elo players must endure for 2 or 3 months before this card gets permabanned and that we should stop complaining because with that card they are "balancing" a format that is less played?

ELO is supposed to be a format where skill matters, so yeah we will bitch about a card that will fuck up the format big time. So please get off your high horse mister, elo players have every damn right to complain about this card.
95/166
-DaddySteel- - Imperator - Der innere Kreis Deutsch
Sunday 08/09/2013, 14:07

XC Pingvin so what can UR do? ELO ban a card before its even released? Ban it because of the possibility that it messes up ELO? They are not gonna leave such choices to themselves but the players and they will choose.

How else do you think they are to release powerful cards like that in the future? Ask the players before release if they want it to be banned?
96/166
War Boy Cr - Senior Português
Sunday 08/09/2013, 14:48

Weird that a lot of people said that ELO will be messed up because of Noctezuma

Until now,I only saw 1 player in ELO using Noctezuma,and I won the round against this supposed broken card
97/166
Thoazol - Legend - Wise Men Distracted English
Sunday 08/09/2013, 14:50

He's been out for two days and he costs 90000 clintz, how many of him do you expect to come across?
98/166
Sunday 08/09/2013, 16:50

For starters the whole elo sistem needs an overhaul, but thats a discussion for another thread

I expect UR staff to know what they are doing when they release powerfull cards like this, I expect balanced intresting cards, not powerfull ones. I expect them to playtest and theorycraft their cards. Otherwise they will just powercreep this game into its grave.

They could try making new releases unplayable for ELO in the 1st week, and let the players vote if they want the cards to see the lights of ELO or not.
99/166
War Boy Cr - Senior Português
Sunday 08/09/2013, 17:27

@XC Pingvin

Last part doesn't make sense. All the new cards in the 1st days,specially the OP ones,are expensive as hell,and not everyone has the money to get them. Imagine if a random player gets lucky by getting Jarez by a pack. Then, he decides to use him I guess because he LOVES Junkz,and since he's a Stop card,he's useful in ELO,but then h realizes that he can't use it because 1st week of release is ELO banned. As you can see,that's stupid,banning a not OP card just because he's brand new. Also,most powerful cards aren't even that good for ELO. If Copper could be not ELO banned,he'd be terrible,since ELO has a lot of SoA. And it's not just him,there's a lot more.
100/166
Sunday 08/09/2013, 18:06

An average/balanced card being banned for 1 week is still better then an OP card being available for one week. If the card is balanced like Jarez you will get to play it next week anyways, its not like that card will escape your collection if you got him, but if the card is OP players will get to vote wheather or not they want to see it in elo or not.

« Previous12...1011121314151617Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals