Click here if you forgot your password.

The hyperinflation on the card market killed this game

Thursday 12/09/2013, 10:18
mitsuko soma - Imperator English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
16 messages
mitsuko soma - Imperator - YoungMoneyCashMoneyBillionariesEnglish - Thursday 12/09/2013, 10:18

Why would any new player want to play this game when you can't even sell your cards on the market or will ever be competitive unless they pay money. The combination of f2p players not being able to sell cards and the low amount of players has destroyed the market. The market is essentially controlled by a small group of people who have been playing forever and have millions of clintz. Oligarchy is not a good thing. Meanwhile players are getting 5 clintz per battle. There is no point for them to even play. To a new player, clintz are almost as worthless as a Zimbabwe dollar because they'll never have enough to get the good cards. Either that or they get sick of playing the same deck all the time because they can't afford to try to build decks in other clans.

If they want to save UR they need to draw in free-to-play players to get the player count up and more activity in the battle lobbies. Start by letting new players sell cards on the market, just not to other people to prevent abuse. This will reduce inflation and give new players a reason to keep playing. Surely the devs of this game can't be so blind that they don't know they are destroying their own game with stupid policies and bad decisions.
« Previous12Next »

2/16
JO3SHMO - Imperator - aussie crusaders English
Thursday 12/09/2013, 10:45

When I was a beginner, I had a limit of 1 sale per day until I did a 5 credit survey to unlock the market. Once the market was unlocked, the game experience became infinitely better. New players now don't even get 1 card per day! Free to play players simply won't stay (and I don't blame them, it'd be too hard). Throw them a bone and let them sell AT LEAST 1 per day in the public market. They might be more willing to spend actual money on credits once they have some more experience in the game.

Is the restriction to prevent multi accounts from easily selling the starter cards to a main account? I think you mentioned something about that in there. I'm pretty sure beginners are able to sell to Kate freely, but we all know Kate's a greedy scumbag that doesn't give a good deal. The option to sell on the market but not to other players already exists, it's just that it's terrible value.

Right now it's just too hard for new players to get into the game. I'm so glad I managed to break free.
3/16
Thoazol - Legend - Wise Men Distracted English
Thursday 12/09/2013, 10:58

@Jo3

Pssh. Back in my day we could only sell to Kate if we hadn't bought credits. And I mean bought, since this free credit thing is your Spyke generation's bright idea.
4/16
mihalll7_UM - Event team - URBAN MADNESS English
Thursday 12/09/2013, 13:01

@Thoazol
yeah, but that was years ago, the game need to progress, and bringing back one sale per day is great idea

also, not every country has free offers that are truly free for as much as 5 credits
5/16
Myeltd - Legend - Limit Break English
Thursday 12/09/2013, 13:54

Well, you're half right. The biggest problem in terms of keeping players "in" this game has to do with one thing: guilds. Prior to the recent decline in activity, many guilds were able to survive on the surplus of members in the game. With the recent decline however, many of the guilds have been forced into a "hyper-agressive" recruiting approach, leading to fuller inboxes and less creativity (I had 40 recruiting messages post-retirement, and while I won't go into details of which guilds they were, I will say that many of the messages mirrored eachother). In addition, the whole "guild bonus" system is heavily flawed, as it allows guilds to keep everything put in by the members (notably xp) even if the player leaves, or more realistically, is booted. What needs to happen is simple: a revamp of the ENTIRE market system, and a change in how the guild bonuses work (perhaps only being affected by the xp contributed by current guild members?). Until then, expect less interest by newer players and even less interest by the slowly dieing mature community.
6/16
Kasia LOA - Veteran - Legends of America English
Thursday 12/09/2013, 14:36

When i first started on my old account, i could easily make clintz by selling Timber and vansar to Kate. They would sell for like 600 each lol. But i agree with what you're saying, the community is getting smaller and smaller. The staff has to do something about this issue.
7/16
DeepEnd - Imperator - Limit Break English
Thursday 12/09/2013, 21:30

Why would it kill the game?

Let me put this way:

Inflation does not affect anything but value of money. If you own huge piles of money you lose something.

If you have stuff you can sell (say: cards) you are absolutely safe from inflation - you can sell your cards for whatever inflated rate they sell for at the moment and trasfer that value to card you like.

Also - you can sell the card you get from packs at inflated rates, so value of packs is absolute.

Yes. There is some inflation in this game. It is constant and it is not destroying this game. Whatever you'd do to try to fix this thing will cause either MORE inflation (give money to people? = they pay even worse inflated prices.) or it directly involves touching those who have huge amounts of money - punishing them for being smart and good at game or market.

Inflation is not your enemy. Just make credits effectively and use your money to get cards and thats practically keeping you at the pace of inflation.

My heartful suggestion is to treat market as separate game. You play the game and if you are good in it money is not real issue. If you dont play the market game, then ... well. You have to find out some other way to reach for the stars. (Generating credits effectively & events. Hint hint.)

Dont sit on pile of clintz for long periods of times. Thats when inflation eats you.
8/16
Spikey 13 - Guru - lonely fighters English
Thursday 12/09/2013, 21:36

Perhaps Fantasy Rivals is the explanation rather than inflation. Potential newcomers think the newer game will obviously be better so play that instead. Just a theory though having never played Fantasy Rivals...
9/16
DeepEnd - Imperator - Limit Break English
Thursday 12/09/2013, 21:50

If UR's playerbase is declining that should lead to eventual drop of prices.

Why? Because old plaeyrs would circulate their wealth, losing 4-5% on each cycle and no new players are feeding the moneymachine by generating clintz. Investors would have full stacks of cards they cannot sell to anyone, so eventually markets would flood with cards nobody needs bringing the price down.

I see huge number of NB cards bought and sold, so my conclusion is that UR is doing just fine. If prices becomes issue, that issue will (eventually) solve itself.
10/16
Pilluminati - Legend - URBAN MADNESS English
Friday 13/09/2013, 00:36

You know,with all this hard spent energy complaining about the market,you could have actually done something productive,like less complaining.

Most players are mobile players nowadays anyway,and its their choice whether they want to do a survey to unlock the market.It's their choice whether they want to do missions,to get a legendary or for prizes or to play in a game mode or be social or play in duel mode for a common card for their collection(which is now permanently crippled thanks to people like you complaining).

If they dont want to but complain anyway,the only people they have to blame,is themselves,due to their laziness.

Besides,your "difficult beginnings" in this game compared to people who started playing around my time is like shooting fish in a barrel,get over yourself.

« Previous12Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals