Click here if you forgot your password.

The hyperinflation on the card market killed this game

Thursday 12/09/2013, 10:18
mitsuko soma - Imperator English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
16 messages
mitsuko soma - Imperator - YoungMoneyCashMoneyBillionariesEnglish - Thursday 12/09/2013, 10:18

Why would any new player want to play this game when you can't even sell your cards on the market or will ever be competitive unless they pay money. The combination of f2p players not being able to sell cards and the low amount of players has destroyed the market. The market is essentially controlled by a small group of people who have been playing forever and have millions of clintz. Oligarchy is not a good thing. Meanwhile players are getting 5 clintz per battle. There is no point for them to even play. To a new player, clintz are almost as worthless as a Zimbabwe dollar because they'll never have enough to get the good cards. Either that or they get sick of playing the same deck all the time because they can't afford to try to build decks in other clans.

If they want to save UR they need to draw in free-to-play players to get the player count up and more activity in the battle lobbies. Start by letting new players sell cards on the market, just not to other people to prevent abuse. This will reduce inflation and give new players a reason to keep playing. Surely the devs of this game can't be so blind that they don't know they are destroying their own game with stupid policies and bad decisions.
« Previous12Next »

11/16
COLOSSAL-TCA - Novice - Time Conquers All English
Friday 13/09/2013, 03:38

I saw the writing on the wall years ago, but nobody listened!

Seriously though, there are so many more factors than just the Market and Guilds. A game is supposed to constantly evolve and evolve, UR never really did that. In-fact, it went in the opposite direction, in some aspects. Very few people want to play pretty much the same game for 6 years. FR is basically UR 2, a better version of the game. I don't blame anyone for switching over.

The guild I co-founded years and years ago, which used to be one of the most active in the EN community, is now like a Ghost Town. Old friends form UR have totally disappeared. The game still has the same problems with OP cards being released. I never earned a Dj Korr or indeed ANYTHING from any mode anywhere. Events are still awesome and remain the best part of UR in my opinion, but there's a total lack of players willing to participate, even with a BIG 5 on offer. Collections which took some players YEARS to achieve can now be earned in the space of an hour in DT. The market is still broken. e.t.c e.t.c e.t.c Whine whine, cry cry, sob sob, moan moan... I'm hungry.
12/16
0_Berzerker - Senior English
Friday 13/09/2013, 09:22

Well said.
Like what the OP stated, I believe there is a small group of players able to control the market price of certain cards.
I'm not sure whether this would work, but what if, IF, urban rivals set a limit to the copies of each individual card a player can own. This would change a monopoly/oligopoly market structure into monopolistic rather. Just my 2cents. But I guess many would disagree. Nonetheless, here I post!
13/16
DeepEnd - Imperator - Limit Break English
Friday 13/09/2013, 13:35

"but what if, IF, urban rivals set a limit to the copies of each individual card a player can own."

Well, prices would come down, but then the ownership would be shuffled to accomodate maximum number of cards on investors.

So, instead of 20 people owning 200 cards each it would be 200 people owning 20 card each.

Also this would probably lead to co-operations between investors. Lets imagine top 250 market players CO-OPERATING instead of competing with each other... That would probably be worst of options
14/16
TGAP-Trixie - Senior English
Friday 13/09/2013, 19:50

Wouldn't they kinda do that already? They have a limit on market sales per day
15/16
Thoazol - Legend - Wise Men Distracted English
Friday 13/09/2013, 19:59

Furthermore, what about the little issue of being maxed out on card X and getting one more from a pack? Wasted credits?
16/16
0_Berzerker - Senior English
Friday 13/09/2013, 20:07

@Deepend: What you said makes sense. But let's see, if 20 people each own 200 copies, the probability that they would co-operate is much higher, since they have a control over large market share (2 people = 400 copies!) as compared to 200 people each owning 20 copies, where their co-operate will create a lesser impact on the market (20 people = 400 copies).

@TGAP-Trixie: I don't see the limit of market sale, unless it is that white page that block me from entering the market - but I am still able to sell my cards.

« Previous12Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals