Is urban rivals dead?

Is urban rivals dead?
Friday 13/09/2013, 02:49
Respect WMD - Guru English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
137 messages
Is urban rivals dead?
Respect WMD - Guru English - Friday 13/09/2013, 02:49

I just came back from a very extended break. (over a year or 2)

Is UR dead? I dont see any "active" guilds recruiting etc.

PM me or please post back here
« Previous12345678910...1314Next »

11/137
COLOSSAL-TCA - Novice - Time Conquers All English
Friday 13/09/2013, 05:36

OK, I was shirtless, but only because a vest is not a shirt.
12/137
0_Berzerker - Senior English
Friday 13/09/2013, 09:24

How is fantasy rivals doing? Is it better than how UR is? I'm not sure if I should join FR.
13/137
0_Berzerker - Senior English
Friday 13/09/2013, 09:25

Oh, went off topic, sorry OP, but I guess half of UR is dead.
14/137
Tanto89 - Titan - X. LycurguS .X English
Friday 13/09/2013, 13:51

@Berzerker:
IMO, fantasy rivals is not better than UR.. maybe I am too lazy to start from 0 again, maybe too lazy with new rules. but the good thing is: if you play from day 1 (or maybe even now), then spend money on that game, we can be like French community here and dominating the market

UR half dead? 4772 players online, before was around 8-11K maybe you can say it is exactly "half" dead lol..
15/137
Vinyl-Scratch - Titan - D-Versified English
Friday 13/09/2013, 15:49

UR is better than fantasy rivals. Alot less grinding.
16/137
AiR-GeaR-Ikki - Titan English
Friday 13/09/2013, 18:06

The game isn't dead but it is dying. Well if we are using analogies then I guess it's dying on life support with tubes in every hole getting it's last rights and finishing up it's will. The fact is this game needs to do much more to keep people playing, bring in new players and bring back some of the older players.

When I first started this game, there was little other competition out there in terms of free competitive gaming. Now it's a saturated market, especially with facebook and the explosion of smart phones.

What UR needs most of all is more variety in formats, some clint awarding mini games, better balancing in particular ELO and more contact with the community it's dealing with. A 28* elo would be great, even an Extended ELO or something competitive in the higher star realm.

After this is addressed an optional word filter would make our lives much easier as well as some community leadership. The English community in particular is so divided over petty nonsense and siding with one person or against a particular group of people. It's just ridiculous, this kind of division accomplishes nothing and contributes to the lack of people actively participating in the social aspect of the game.

If these issues are not addressed, then the best investment will be a tombstone that reads "Urban rivals, great game in 2010 and 2011"
17/137
Respect WMD - Guru English
Friday 13/09/2013, 22:58

This is too bad, because this game was alot of fun in 2010 and 2011 when I played. I had alot of fun playing it. There were ppl to play with / against / talk to too. I don't know if coming back to a dying game is worth it. Definitely not worth a money investment. I have a bunch of cards that are now CR etc. Idk what to do with what I have.

Also, I've heard that they made the latest clan very OP and 50%+ rare or so. Sort of milking the community, which is a sign that either a) ppl are quitting. or b) ppl aren't buying credits like they use to. or c) both a and b.

Sad because I loved playing this game, playing daily tournaments 3-5 of the hourly tournaments, making new decks.

My favorite was Jungo, Rescue, and Skeelz.
I think I quit right after Skeelz came out.
18/137
yaoihuntresse - Legend - Wise Men Distracted English
Saturday 14/09/2013, 00:09

Maybe we can talk to the people in change. Just get together and do that.
19/137
AiR-GeaR-Ikki - Titan English
Saturday 14/09/2013, 01:02

Like I said, with balancing it needs to be addressed particularly in ELO. They release these monster cards on a Friday, then they control ELO meta game for another 6 months.
20/137
Myeltd - Legend - Limit Break English
Saturday 14/09/2013, 01:33

Also, ikki, you're a bit off on that "the english community is divided over petty nonsense" idea. In the past four weeks, I've received hundreds of pm's from people who either wish to beg off me for cards, slander me with insults, or invite me into guilds that'll almost certainly do both. In order for the community to truly "turn over a new leaf", there needs to be less begging and bullsh't. Period.

« Previous12345678910...1314Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals