Is urban rivals dead?

Is urban rivals dead?
Friday 13/09/2013, 02:49
Respect WMD - Guru English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
137 messages
Is urban rivals dead?
Respect WMD - Guru English - Friday 13/09/2013, 02:49

I just came back from a very extended break. (over a year or 2)

Is UR dead? I dont see any "active" guilds recruiting etc.

PM me or please post back here
« Previous12...7891011121314Next »

101/137
Lu Bu - Titan - Limit Break English
Thursday 24/10/2013, 21:35

Timing out affects fairplay though xD

@dog: Huracan are a joke in survivor. In my experience they're not that good at ELO either
102/137
Spikey 13 - Guru - lonely fighters English
Thursday 24/10/2013, 22:49

The last 2 lines of what DUC-j00p wrote basically encompass a lot of what I and I imagine most others who complain are complaining about. I quote "Though sometimes players leave on me when at 4th round and i have already played my card. That's just insane and those people are unsportsmanlike and rage quitters."
If someone has already played their 4th card, I can't see how it would save any appreciable amount of time, it's obvious they are leaving just to mannoy their opponent, not save anyone's time.
I don't think the complainers are as much of a minority as the complainers about the complainers seem to claim...
103/137
Valhalas - Titan - URBAN MADNESS English
Friday 25/10/2013, 18:43

Ever played chess? Magic the gathering? Hearthstone? If your opponent quits, you're not missing out on anything, besides some very specific missions, which shouldn't have been put into this game in the first place.
I personally consider a bad attitude to stall a game, which is obviously won/lost. It's the same as folding in poker. You lost, I got the nuts, I know it, you know it, so stop showboating and admit your defeat. IMO people are angry about quitting only because of childish mentality "omg, he didn't let me deal the final blow." You won the game, just move on, don't need to stall and show how much damage you can do and how dominant you are, you're just wasting your opponents valuable time.
104/137
Infiniti - Senior English
Friday 25/10/2013, 19:24

Timing out might affect fairplay but when you've played many games, timing out doesn't really change it (unless you do it a lot on purpose, which is pointless).
105/137
Friday 25/10/2013, 21:53

@ Valhalas In chess if you resign nothing happens except time is saved, resigning is nothing but beneficial. I haven't played Magic or Hearthstone nor do I intend to. But in UR, if (you seem to have ignored this point completely despite validity) the 4th round "KO seekers" card has already been played there is no way in which resigning rather than playing ones own 4th card can save any significant time, compared to the time that the opponent will waste trying to KO in elo.
Your opinion about why people are angry is wrong, and I am sorry but you come across as childish if you think calling those who disagree with you childish constitutes a valid argument in support of your stance... More denial that something that many think of is a problem is a problem. That is exactly the sort of behaviour that will cause Urban Rivals to die... If UR does not listen to the complainers it may lose even more players, and die a little bit more...
I have a solution: rename the KO in elo missions as "KO when the opp could have stopped it in elo" missions. More skill required to do surprise KOs and will leave less room for the incidences complained about...
UR is nothing like chess!
106/137
Lu Bu - Titan - Limit Break English
Friday 25/10/2013, 23:32

"don't need to stall and show how much damage you can do and how dominant you are"

Yes. Yes I do
107/137
Myeltd - Legend - Limit Break English
Saturday 26/10/2013, 00:35

To answer the original question, I present this odd piece of evidence: over the past month that I've been gone from the game, there have been 422 total posts on the recruitment boards. 186 of them (or 44.07%) have come directly from either merlin, babs, or one of the three active members of war party. Yes, roughly 44% of the total activity on the boards that dictate the activity of the english community have come from five people. Rather than giggle and lord this over everyone, I'd rather just point to my profile. The message there should sum up what went wrong.
108/137
Bemmoth - Titan English
Saturday 26/10/2013, 12:21

@Spikey 13 leaving, even on the 4th round, after your opponent has played their card still saves time. Leaving battle = quit card selection animation, card battle, and results. That's at least 10 seconds per battle. People who don't have time to waste, will leave and save those 10 seconds.

There aren't people who will leave just so their opponents can't get their K.O. missions, but I would say a majority of people leave to save time.
109/137
Valhalas - Titan - URBAN MADNESS English
Saturday 26/10/2013, 16:39

I don't think I am wrong, I visited many forums of other games and that's the majority opinion I came across and "you're wrong" without anything to back it up, is barely a valid claim. Btw I wasn't only talking about the 4th round quitting, though imo it doesn't matter. I see only two reasons you would desperately want to finish your opponent:
1. KO specific missions. Which I find to be a flaw in the game.
2. Childish "I want to KO" mentality.
Spikey, I was just stating my opinion (see "IMO" ?) and I didn't call people childish, I called specific mentality childish and you proceeded to become defensive and call me names, which I find being very disrespectful and people like you are why I only play UR duel anymore.
110/137
Saturday 26/10/2013, 21:01

@ Valhalas I was not calling you names, I was pointing out how you came across based on what you said. For all I know you could be an awesome guy/gal, but you certainly didn't sound like it when you said "IMO people are angry about quitting only because of childish mentality". I was right to say you were wrong then and here is the back up, I do not have that mentality myself: in a game of chess if I'm winning I prefer the opponent to resign. In UR it is purely because of wanting to complete the KO missions, and facing people who stall in the last round of games they've lost time and again then resign, and
In your reaction post you even modified what you were saying in the 1st place, acknowledging you had missed out the existence of a 2nd reason, (as opposed to one which was your opinion in your earlier post)
If you only play duel now, why are you even discussing elo?
Btw I'm not alone in this, some people let me KO them and I've been thanked for obviously letting people who've already won KO me before. Based on those experiences I have my own view on what constitutes good sportsmanship...

« Previous12...7891011121314Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals