Is urban rivals dead?

Is urban rivals dead?
Friday 13/09/2013, 02:49
Respect WMD - Guru English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
137 messages
Is urban rivals dead?
Respect WMD - Guru English - Friday 13/09/2013, 02:49

I just came back from a very extended break. (over a year or 2)

Is UR dead? I dont see any "active" guilds recruiting etc.

PM me or please post back here
« Previous12345678910...1314Next »

31/137
DeepEnd - Imperator - Limit Break English
Saturday 14/09/2013, 09:13

With less than 2500 battlepoints. There is your realistic measure.

UR (in my opinion) is not dying, not yet. It might not be satisfying for old players, but it serves new players quite well. Threat here is really competition, games like Hearthstone: Heroes of warcraft - if the succeed - are going to hoard players if they are better concepts than UR... The caveat here is that it is not that difficult to create better and varied cardgame than UR, so there looms a great danger.
32/137
AiR-GeaR-Ikki - Titan English
Saturday 14/09/2013, 16:55

@Deepend, As a user the way to measure this is simple. 1st - The feed, 2 years ago it would be flooded with people conversing, these days it's a small handful. 2nd - Look at how few people are in DT, Survivor or DM these days compared to then. If you want hard stats, ask the people running it but anyone can see people are dropping off.

@Waster, I've been giving constructional criticism and suggestions for 2-3 years now. It's gotten me nowhere other than frustrated. You have to understand that when you say something the 1st time, you say it politely, but when you constantly have to repeat it and they don't respond or give a definitive response you slap them over the back of the head so you can get their attention.

@Myel that is the point I'm trying to make, less of this drama that does nothing but make people opt out of it or take sides. I'm nobody's cheerleader or backup dancer, I just call B.S where and when I see it. That and laugh at people indiscriminately.
33/137
Myeltd - Legend - Limit Break English
Saturday 14/09/2013, 23:26

Deepend, you're joking right? Even up to last june, I could go into basically any guild on here and see plenty of active people, with about 5% of them being "mature" enough to talk to. Look at the guilds now, and you'll see it is quite the opposite. Many, many guilds (including the one you're in) are VERY inactive (only having about 3 in every 10 members collecting bp). Not only that, but the amount of mature people in this game has reached such a record low, that I've essentially been forced to widdle down my friends list to three people (those being cyber, olla, and the founder of wrath of destiny). The "caveat" here isn't that it is easy to create a better card game, it's more "this game has been in operation for about six years, and has failed to do anything unique since 2011".
34/137
AsianRepublic - Titan - E X C A L I B U R English
Sunday 15/09/2013, 02:16

Some people may just see this game as one of those grinding games where you get on occasionally just to do missions and little things like that, you never know. Maybe it may just be the ones who talk alot who left (for various reasons)
35/137
yaoihuntresse - Legend - Wise Men Distracted English
Sunday 15/09/2013, 04:57

I still believe in this game and a good overhaul would really help.
36/137
Myeltd - Legend - Limit Break English
Sunday 15/09/2013, 15:49

I stopped believing in this game the moment merlin became the leading contributor to the activity on the english recr boards...
37/137
UM_Fox - Legend English
Sunday 15/09/2013, 18:53

I joined in 2009, loved the game instantly.
There was a really strong and helpful community and a good vibe to the game. Belonging to a guild was a great honour (urban madness)
I came and went over the years and I can only say I feel no compulsion the play the game now in its current format.
Shame.
38/137
philsfan1234 - Imperator - D-Versified English
Sunday 15/09/2013, 20:31

I say we should get rid of duel mode completely and totally. Look at the game, and almost as many people are playing the AI as are playing each other. That's not good for DM and Survivor.
39/137
mitsuko soma - Imperator - YoungMoneyCashMoneyBillionaries English
Monday 16/09/2013, 02:03

DM and survivor are boring modes that's why. Also they don't do a good job of explaining the different modes, you have to go to the help page and read all the rules just to try to figure out what they are. I'm guessing that why new players stay away from those modes because they don't know what they are. Another thing is I don't like that daily tournaments don't go by ELO rules. I think that big mistake because building a deck full of 4* and 5* cards is not really fun or requires any thought, just throw together every overpowered card you own. Then you have to factor in the cost difference, 5* cards usually cost a lot more clintz so only established players can put together good decks in those formats.

Duels is not the problem. Duels is a good mode, especially for beginners. I purposefully lose duel matches against Kate so I can complete missions because she plays so much faster than playing against real people. Training and classic should be combined into one mode called unranked where you can do whatever you want and cards level up faster. Get rid of Coliseum because it is bad. Tourney should be combined into ELO mode where the tourneys just happen automatically every other hour like normal, but inside ELO mode. Survivor can stay I guess as an alternate mode.
40/137
yaoihuntresse - Legend - Wise Men Distracted English
Monday 16/09/2013, 03:20

That sounds good. I hope the moderators take note.

« Previous12345678910...1314Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals