Is urban rivals dead?

Is urban rivals dead?
Friday 13/09/2013, 02:49
Respect WMD - Guru English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
137 messages
Is urban rivals dead?
Respect WMD - Guru English - Friday 13/09/2013, 02:49

I just came back from a very extended break. (over a year or 2)

Is UR dead? I dont see any "active" guilds recruiting etc.

PM me or please post back here
« Previous12345678910...1314Next »

41/137
TheDoomBug - Legend - Limit Break English
Monday 16/09/2013, 03:43

Coliseum isn't a bad mode. It's fun and varied. You have to make a deck for whatever odd format they put together and you get the chance to either avoid OP cards or get to use them in a structured format. The formats themselves can be hit-or-miss, but the variety of the events has been quite nice. It's definitely geared toward entertaining older players who might have been getting bored with the old modes.

DT should stay separate from the ELO mode, but an ELO format DT would be cool alongside it, like how Survivor is. Altering the rules of DT could help, or backfire spectacularly, depending on exactly what changes.
42/137
JO3SHMO - Imperator - aussie crusaders English
Monday 16/09/2013, 04:32

@Mitsuko

I agree with DoomBug about Coliseum. It's a creative mode that offers a new dynamic to the game. If you want to be more persuasive, at least tell us why you have this opinion.

Also, DT and ELO are two very different modes with very different goals. You play DT to score points as fast as possible, and you play ELO to win games. Ideally in DT, you want games to finish in 2 minutes (give or take a bit), whereas in ELO I'd be completely happy to take 7 minutes to win a game. An ELO-format DT would be interesting, but in no way should the two totally different game types be smushed into 1 room.
43/137
XC MeRLiN 32 - Legend - E X C A L I B U R English
Monday 16/09/2013, 12:07

Yes.
This game is on its last legs.
Proof?
SparrowTino from guild URBAN WARRIORS won DJ Korr Cr. (1423 elo)
At 1423!!!!
Does anyone need tell more?
44/137
Icarus - Legend - E X C A L I B U R English
Monday 16/09/2013, 12:53

Man, when elo was really competitive, I won a Terry Cr at that score.
Hi UR Staff
45/137
AsianRepublic - Legend - Misfits English
Monday 16/09/2013, 13:49

1423 ELO wins DJ Kore Cr, what the FUUUU!!!!
46/137
AiR-GeaR-Ikki - Titan English
Monday 16/09/2013, 14:04

@mitsuko soma Back in the day, when DT's were happening, they also put your score in the DT so by playing ELO you were essentially playing DT too. While nobody ever won, it was good to earn a few extra clintz and creds while playing ELO. They separated the 2 when they changed the system years ago. This is better than combining the 2 together but for some reason it was taken out, possibly because the servers couldn't handle it or it was causing glitches... Who knows, we never really get much reason for why things happen or or get much input into them either. We are usually left scratching our heads and speculating.
47/137
0 the oracle - Imperator - Open Casket English
Monday 16/09/2013, 16:07

Haha, when I was at 1477 I won nothing!! woohoo!!

But really, some really great ideas here! UR should really start taking in account of some of the things you guys are saying. Honestly, I didn't even see the point in creating Fantasy Rivals, almost a complete mirror of UR, except you have to start all over again?!? What's the point??

DT: hmmm, a bit too frequent to really be worth playing. I really think it is time for a change, maybe make DT's 2 hours, and only say twice/thrice per day? With GOOD rewards.

Deathmatch/ Classic/ Warehouse: Yah make it all into one, level cards quick, get bp's quick, slightly better clintz too!

Survivor: I saw someone introduce the idea somewhere, but kinda make it like coliseum, where they may be like special formats every week. This is a great idea because, at the moment, Uppers and Sakrohm and pretty much the only clans that can do well in survivor, and once you use them, its hard to not get past survivor 10 honestly.... So for a week, maybe take out Uppers/ sakrohms, or take out no 5*s, no 4*s. Basically, the coliseum idea.

Coliseum: I really like this mode!! Except, the ideas at the moment kinda suck, and introduce minimal strategy and heck lots of skill + luck. Maybe you are forced to use presets? Maybe you have to use some 'useless' cards (Sunnygoat, Bob Joby), these could be great ideas, because it can introduce old cards back into the game.
48/137
Tanto89 - Titan - X. LycurguS .X English
Monday 16/09/2013, 16:58

Really? 1423 won a DJ Korr Cr? I will play again now lol! (*sarcasm)
in their best time, 1500+ is normal to get bigger cr..
it reverts back to 3-4 years ago (maybe not reverted, more of matured)

@the oracle:
I like your idea, it will be fun and challenging. who is the best with these cards (recorded in your consecutive win)
it can be purely by luck, it can be by skills, but who cares?

IMO, we can try banning all top 100 cards that being used in survivor
and then after few weeks, banning another 100 (in total 200)
another few weeks, banning another 100 and then another 100 to make it total of 400
and now then we can see true fun, people using bad cards to win, Ghoub might be a new sensation, or suddenly people will think, hey Lunatik is not bad. I kept using Wakai / Aleister / Nimestiec and I don't know there is a gem out there.
49/137
TGAP-Trixie - Senior - War Party English
Monday 16/09/2013, 17:44

1400 is the new 1500
50/137
Spikey 13 - Guru - lonely fighters English
Monday 16/09/2013, 22:25

Doesn't that just mean that elo has got harder? Is that really any reason to say the game is dead?
Decrease rewards in Duel except increase battle points rewards: combine Duel and Lost Warehouse (easier to train cards against the mindless Katebot I should think than other players who actually try to win): that will improve the game. Also combine Deathmatch and the Classic format together. Less different modes, more players in each one...
There's nothing wrong with Tourney mode mitsuko. You said, I quote:
" I don't like that daily tournaments don't go by ELO rules. I think that big mistake because building a deck full of 4* and 5* cards is not really fun or requires any thought, just throw together every overpowered card you own. Then you have to factor in the cost difference, 5* cards usually cost a lot more clintz so only established players can put together good decks in those formats."
It is not true you should only build a deck full of 4* and 5*, if you look at this: http://www.urban-rivals.com/en/help/?category=0 then click Game Modes then Daily Tournaments you will see there are limits to the number of * in opp decks you face based on the number of * in your deck: example with a 21* deck you can only face opp decks between 16* and 26*, with a 29* deck you only face opp decks of between 24* and 34* and so on. There are advantages in Tourneys to avoiding using high * cards in Tourney's, namely you won't face them often in opps hands. Tourney mode is fine.

« Previous12345678910...1314Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals