Is urban rivals dead?

Is urban rivals dead?
Friday 13/09/2013, 02:49
Respect WMD - Guru English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
137 messages
Is urban rivals dead?
Respect WMD - Guru English - Friday 13/09/2013, 02:49

I just came back from a very extended break. (over a year or 2)

Is UR dead? I dont see any "active" guilds recruiting etc.

PM me or please post back here
« Previous12345678910...1314Next »

51/137
hashburki - Imperator - REIGN OF THE SUPREMES English
Monday 16/09/2013, 22:46

Urban Rivals only needs some good advertisement. Its a good game anyways but just not well known.
52/137
TheDoomBug - Legend - Limit Break English
Monday 16/09/2013, 22:58

@Oracle
A two hour DT would be fine for people like me who can afford that time, but it'd be too much of an investment for some players. Their current frequency is to give more people opportunities to play with the goal of winning.

But the rest of your post is gold. The SVR idea, that was char/squirtroll, I think.
53/137
Asperger - Veteran English
Saturday 19/10/2013, 23:44

Pretty much the same as OP, I played on my first acc back in 2009 or 2010. I remember seeing a lot of people online and enjoying greatly DT and mid level elo. Not much but I liked this so bad. So I just came back, and I don't even know if I still want to try it now, if it's just to see it dying, or if I should go on another one... heartstone maybe ? Perhaps FR ? I don't know. 6k people all day on a saturday seems like not a lot, with so many modes... am I wrong, are people really still playing DT and elo mode actively or... ?
Did FR just took all the players of UR or is UR just not at the top right now ? :/
54/137
Lu Bu - Titan - Limit Break English
Sunday 20/10/2013, 00:26

Oh my.. no don't combine Classic with Deathmatch... in DM you have to play fast whereas Classic is a nice and laid back room that is good for testing decks and doesn't have a frustratingly short timer. Combining just Classic and Warehouse however......

There are some good suggestions and fair comments in this thread, but will the opinions be heard by anyone other than the event team and a single mod? Ehh ...
55/137
ScruBeck - Senior - Organized Konfusion Português
Sunday 20/10/2013, 01:41

Ok guys, i think i have a good plan. Just hear me out, 'kay? Instead of awarding Crs in DTs and Elo, give Hearthstone beta keys instead. It's a bullet-proof plan, it can't possibly go wrong.

On a side note, whether the game is dying or not is kinda relative (old players leaving or not caring that much anymore/new players and multi-accounts inflow) so i ain't gonna talk about that but this still works as a decent chat system (i might as well praise something, calling this game a zombie 24/7 becomes boring after a while).
56/137
Bemmoth - Titan English
Sunday 20/10/2013, 09:47

@Post 6

MTG Online probably, but there is a free version of it around somewhere.
57/137
AsianRepublic - Titan - E X C A L I B U R English
Sunday 20/10/2013, 10:18

If they sell out and combine forces with Facebook, they may gain like 50,000,000 players, lol.
58/137
Bagadur - Titan - The Trend
Sunday 20/10/2013, 13:36

1) Stop the duel mode. Promote the single player mode for training.
2) Bring back 25* in tournaments.
3) Release 4 new cards 4 times year only.
4) Protect the balance of game. For example, when I see Deea, Qorah, T Gaank, Naele against me, I know, It`s the end.
5) Too many old usless cards - need to be Cr.
6) Need a great punishment for timeout.
59/137
Spikey 13 - Guru - lonely fighters English
Sunday 20/10/2013, 14:41

@ Bagadur why would you decrease the amount of new cards coming out? New releases are probably the most intersting thing to look forward to in this game, UR would become very boring very quickly without New Blood. though I agree with all the rest of your ideas
Coupla ideas to revive UR
Idea 1: introduce the idea of "stack" cards whereby you need to have several copies of the card for it to reach it's full potential. This would allow a revival of some of the weaker cards in this game.
Instead of being leveled up in the usual way, the card would level up as you pile up more copies. Arkn and Gheistling and Drorb would make cool examples. Imagine a stack of 3 Gheistling having 7 power and 4 damage compared to 7/3 for the original.
Idea 2: OP cards like Zatman and Lyse Teria Cr could have a requirement that rather than having one whole card you need 2 halves for it to be at it's maximum potential ie with only one half Zatman is 7/2 rather than 8/4
These ideas would add an extra dimension of deck building, card collecting to the game and make it more interesting
60/137

@spikey= then this game will become very hard for new players.
and it already is

« Previous12345678910...1314Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals