They are doing exactly the opposite of what game should do to keep appeal: They are pushing everything to be available - thats just "Making it cheap". When they make everything cheap then nothing has value, if nothing has value then game has no goal.
What UR should do is to add content, content that appeals to people. Revise the game modes totally, add more formats than just "4 cards on the table" - it gets old very soon.
Because they are making everything "cheap" that means they are totally ignoring the powercreep - they make everything "grandiose" thus nothing is grand. its all the same - same 8 power max, same type of cards on every clans etc. So this "make everything available/cheap" has also destroyed metagame.
UR has failed to protect the core things in collectible card game - card value/card respect (owning good cards / collectors should be big deal. How can it be big deal when coliseum pushes 50 collectors per cycle / DT 5 per day?).
UR has failed to uphold the metagame to keep the game in it simple form interesting.
UR has failed to develope the game further and unrelease the potential of more complex game formats - the system/cards would suit well for more complex game formats just fine, problem is that such things are never implemented.
Something dramatic has to happen to save what there is to be saved. New site layout wont do it, nor will yet another set of bans in ELO. Dramatic as "Think it again. Whole deal."
I think creating FR was a bad idea in general. Sure better for newbies I guess but you take away or potentially take away new players to UR and are splitting between two different games. Shouldve only kept UR and incorporated the new clans and games modes that are now in FR into UR
@ Bagadur and Spikey
No, don't give a great punishment for time out when timing out is so easy to do in Tourney's and also some people have internet connection issues ... give a great punishment for FORFEITS, not time outs. I don't know how many people forfeit by accident
At the balance idea.. that's kinda the whole point of building your deck strategically. If you have a weak hand in your deck, that's more than likely YOUR fault and luck hates you.
While I would probably agree to ever so slightly reduce the frequency of new cards, I would never opt for that kind of extremity. It's a terrible idea and I agree that new bloods are one of the things people look forward to.
Meh I don't see a valid reason to make single player also a training room.
Stack cards sound awful, no one should NEED to buy multiples of one card.
Split cards sound impossible as UR can't or won't change the stats of any cards that are already released.
Duel is a big problem, it promotes playing against a mindless random bot rather than a skilled opponent, getting rid of the modewill mean many of those players will come back to playing in player vs player modes. If UR really wants to keep it an argument could be made to simply combine it with solo, which is basically a mission oriented version of the same thing. In this way reducing the number of rooms will help make things more competitive in the rooms there are.
Fine re stack cards, but UR have changed stats/abilities of cards before many times- Timber Noctezuma and Kalindra come to mind. If UR is dying I see no reason why they shouldn't rejig stats of cards if they think it might help, and I'm only talking of doing this for cards that are already OP, so the OPness is kinda seen as a reward in the extra effort put in to get them.
I think to talk about protecting balance as Bagadur said means "stop making new releases consistently OP compared to older releases". Of course they need to be usable, but not render earlier ones unusable. Also clan balancing is needed.
"Duel is a big problem, it promotes playing against a mindless random bot rather than a skilled opponent, getting rid of the modewill mean many of those players will come back to playing in player vs player modes."
It actually doesn't, duel mode is the last thing that holds many of the people in UR, because there is nothing more casual than grinding missions against a mindless drone. People play duel, because they don't like current models of the game and it takes A LOT of skill and luck to earn decent rewards, even in this half-abandoned stage.
"No, don't give a great punishment for time out when timing out is so easy to do in Tourney's and also some people have internet connection issues ... give a great punishment for FORFEITS, not time outs."
Why punish people even more for mechanic, which is actually encouraged and considered as a good sportsmanship in many other games? Many if not most of other card games actually.
1. Make ELO back to more skill-based rather than luck-based. Players can just win with a card like Gretchen, Raven, Pilzken, Eddie, Oflgn, Madelone, Pyro, Kazayan, etc. and win the battle nowadays. Players can just wait out the opponent, and then the opponent has to perfect pill, or automatically lose. Even in some hands (even balanced decks), winning 3 rounds still results in a loss because the card that won was too imbalanced. A ban-list doesn't completely solve this, a revision in the abilities can (however, this will cause a problem with players that own the card).
2. ELO back to 12 life? La Junta got "weaker" since their threat factor was taken, Fang Pi Clang has a similar dilemma, Freaks got stronger, and Huracan gets +14 attack on the first round. +2 higher than Rescue, that needs a mono clan. Yes, they get weaker as you lose life, but with +14 extra attack, you may not even lose the first 2-3 rounds which can result in an automatic win.
3. Create a mode that actually uses balanced decks, and matches balanced * counts. I like playing with 25* decks, even in DTs, and with the new DTs it's annoying to get a 9-12* hand against a 14-17* hand. I support a Standard 25 mode.
4. Of all the modes and events, how come we're stuck with the "4-card per battle" mode. Why not have a different mode where you create a deck with X cards, Y cards are drawn, and there are Z rounds per battle.
Continued in next comment...
Example: You create a deck with 12 cards, 8 are drawn, and there are 4 battles.
It allows for decks to be more suitable to what the creator wants it to be and also allows for counters, and makes the player think of what to play. I always hate it when I put a Stop: Ability card into my deck, and never draw it against SoA.
With this mode, there would be a limit on the star count, but also a restriction on how many cards 5*s a deck can have (this can prevent people from drawing out X 5*s in one battle).
5. Something like actual events? Not battle events, but events where people can all participate. Maybe an event to create a card. Players can send in a bio, card stats, evolutions, star count, ability, and the clan they should be in. Players Don’t need to create a picture, but they can give a description. One of the New Bloods can be this player created card, and the player can get a prize (clintz, credits, the card that they suggested, or maybe even all 4 New Blood cards).
6. Sparring Mode. Allow players to create a deck with only 4 cards, and they are able to play with their 4-card hands to see how it does. This mode would give no clintz or BP, but would not hurt their win/loss or fair play ratings either.