Is urban rivals dead?

Is urban rivals dead?
Friday 13/09/2013, 02:49
Respect WMD - Guru English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
137 messages
Is urban rivals dead?
Respect WMD - Guru English - Friday 13/09/2013, 02:49

I just came back from a very extended break. (over a year or 2)

Is UR dead? I dont see any "active" guilds recruiting etc.

PM me or please post back here
« Previous12345678910...1314Next »

71/137
Bemmoth - Titan English
Monday 21/10/2013, 04:45

Hm. Does 1 dimension even exist? Is it just a dot?
72/137
Spikey 13 - Guru - lonely fighters English
Monday 21/10/2013, 09:20

UR is a 2 dimensional game...
73/137
Pilluminati - Legend - URBAN MADNESS English
Monday 21/10/2013, 14:37

-Stop making coliseum so often.-The number of cards being crapped out by the frequency of the events is disturbing.

-Set a minimal value for collectors.-Collectors are meant to be expensive,if the level 20 doesnt like paying 20k for a Terry Cr,go play a DT,or leave the game.No big loss.

-Common cards(not in New Blood) should only be available in duel mode.-Making them exclusive to a certain game mode,and nowhere else besides the market should undo some of the damage of the excessive supply this mode did.Plus,it gives people a reason to play the mode.

-Actually implement a new and innovative game mode or game mechanic,instead of making duel and coliseum and just branding them as game modes;they really arent.-I dont care if its story mode or tag mode or giving clan backgrounds a certain advantage in battle or if the new game mode/mechanic involves two player smashing each other over the head with blunt objects,urban Rivals hasnt done anything truly significant since those awful standard rules,and it's hurt them bad since.

-Speaking of new things implemented into UR,I think Fantasy Rivals has gone to the point where it can survive a bit,so giving UR a bit of love with those new goodies would pique player's interests.

Whatever the case is,if they want to bring this game back to anywhere near the good old days,they're going to have to have a very long creative meeting...
74/137
Thoazol - Legend - Wise Men Distracted English
Monday 21/10/2013, 19:14

"Hm. Does 1 dimension even exist? Is it just a dot?"
1 dimension is a line. Airquote 0 dimension would be a dot.
75/137
Lu Bu - Titan - Limit Break English
Monday 21/10/2013, 20:18

@Valhalas. Rage quitting is encouraged and considered good sportsmanship? That is certainly the opposite of how I and a lot of other people see it.
76/137
Bemmoth - Titan English
Tuesday 22/10/2013, 06:36

Ah, right. 2-dimension is length and width. xD
77/137
xC-AsiaSan- - Titan - E X C A L I B U R English
Tuesday 22/10/2013, 07:47

When I said that the UR staff had 1 dimensional thinking, I meant they lacked depth and effort....

one-di·men·sion·al

adjective

adjective: one-dimensional

having or relating to a single dimension.

"one-dimensional curves"

lacking depth; superficial.

"the supporting roles are alarmingly one-dimensional creations"
78/137
Bemmoth - Titan English
Wednesday 23/10/2013, 11:59

I know. I was just thinkin about a dimension where its just a dot.

I prefer "think outside the box" over "1 dimensional"

Not entirely the same, but in some contexts it works.
79/137
lukernator28 - Titan - Wise Men Distracted English
Wednesday 23/10/2013, 12:18

I'm so tired of people complaining about others abandoning battles, all it is is resigning, and by no means bad sportsmanship (that is, unless it's in a dt). @ Lu bu: raging is one thing, abandoning a battle is another. Abandoning a fight rather than drawing it out to the bitter end is an act of courtesy to the opponent. In fact, it can be regarded as a discourtesy, even an insult, to play beyond the point where by reasonable means, you will lose.
80/137
Spikey 13 - Guru - lonely fighters English
Wednesday 23/10/2013, 18:04

Okay, imagine this situation lukernator28
It's round 3 and if the next round is played it is certain you will win by KO because of Pillz/Damage done by your card/poison with min 0 etc.
HOWEVER your opponent decides to wait 2 minutes without doing anything, and then abandons the fight just before timeout occurs, instead of playing his 4th card. In what way is that courteously resigning as you would do in (say) a game of chess? That isn't courtesy, that is tormenting the opponent by wasting his time and not letting him get a KO.
If I know the opponent is about to KO I always make my final play promptly so I can be KOd. Therefore my opponent is rewarded for his skill by contributing to the elo KO mission and only spends about 20 more seconds in the game than he woulod do if I resigned instead. Compare this to the situation I asked you to imagine where the game lasts 2 extra minutes and still no KO. NOW do you understand the problem?

« Previous12345678910...1314Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals