Is urban rivals dead?

Is urban rivals dead?
Friday 13/09/2013, 02:49
Respect WMD - Guru English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
137 messages
Is urban rivals dead?
Respect WMD - Guru English - Friday 13/09/2013, 02:49

I just came back from a very extended break. (over a year or 2)

Is UR dead? I dont see any "active" guilds recruiting etc.

PM me or please post back here
« Previous12...7891011121314Next »

91/137
Trippie - Legend - Open Casket English
Thursday 24/10/2013, 01:31

Leave after round 1 / round 2 in elo after sure loss = fair play

Leave after lose round 3 50-50 = understandable

Don't leave after sure loss = boring and time wasting for both players
92/137
Lu Bu - Titan - Limit Break English
Thursday 24/10/2013, 02:10

There are varying opinions on this matter obviously, but you just have to remember that not everyone thinks like an 'ELO player' and there are still many of us that think you are still a buncha rage quitting girlies

I care about bp so I will continue to drag your butt right through my battle. And if I don't like you, prepare to get stalled.
93/137
Bindog - Hero English
Thursday 24/10/2013, 02:16

"If I don't like you prepare to get stalled". You are everything wrong with UR and the reason most people leave.
94/137
Thursday 24/10/2013, 02:18

Hahaha you fool.

1. You're wrong
2. I don't hate many people
95/137
Bindog - Hero English
Thursday 24/10/2013, 02:25

Just saying, there's nothing worse than people who stall in ELO after losing the game in round one.
96/137
Thursday 24/10/2013, 02:30

Nah I only stall Uppers users in Survivor mode if they leave the game, I wouldn't miss them
97/137
Bindog - Hero English
Thursday 24/10/2013, 02:39

Me either, but I would rather see Huracan go.

Funnily enough, I had an Uppers user stall me in survivor in EVERY turn the other day. Maybe your influence?
98/137
M-Bison - Titan - URBAN MADNESS English
Thursday 24/10/2013, 03:27

I wouldn't say the game is 'dying' but it is turning into a game supported by a very niche player base. You'll be surprised at how long games can last with just a few hundred people playing and supporting. A big example of this is PNC facebook games which cost energy to continue playing, some of these games have people spending well above sensible amounts per week on them, I would bet Urban-Rivals has just the same amount of loyal supporters so don't worry so much as the player count dwindles down this game will still be around a little while longer.
99/137
Bemmoth - Titan English
Thursday 24/10/2013, 12:52

@ Spikey 13 that's not just leaving, that's stalling the match. That's something completely different.

Reasons people leave (IMO):
1. They know they lost, and concede to their opponent as to not waste their opponent's time.
2. They know they lost, and concede to their opponent as to not waste their own time (they can only play for x mins/hours).
3. They know they lost because of a careless mistake and are embarrassed about their mistake (maybe?).
4. They know they lost and leave just because of their own reasons (non rage-quit).
5. They know they lost and are leaving just so their opponent can't get a K.O./other missions (how would your opponent even know if you're doing missions or not?).

I would say a majority fall into 1-2, a few being 3-4 while 5... although sometimes people are likely to do this, it's just stupid.
If you were really to rage against your opponent there are better ways to do it.
1. Stalling (as you have described by your opponent waiting out the clock)
2. Going to your opponent's presets/events and downrating (probably with multi-accs)
3. Trash talk them after the battle
4. Selling cards with 1 clint less than their cards (although for me personally, if it's a 1-5 clint difference I buy from the person who posted theirs first and don't have increased selling duration [Yeah, I'm weird. I know]).
5. Plenty of other ways, you can be creative.
100/137
Infiniti - Guru English
Thursday 24/10/2013, 16:54

Ok, I agree with you on that point. Stalling then leaving can be a bit frustrating if they wanted to "stall" me I rather they time out instead of stall + leave, saves even more time.

« Previous12...7891011121314Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals