Favourite overlooked cards

Wednesday 25/09/2013, 14:43
Kefalo - Legend English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
196 messages
Kefalo - Legend - Casual GrindEnglish - Wednesday 25/09/2013, 14:43

So, since the big ELO discussion brought up the fact that way too many cards in the game never see play because nothing quite measures up to the staples, I'd love to have an "underused card appreciation thread". There are cards out there that you just put into your deck for missions or whatever reason and they won you more matches than any staple and have a special place in your heart.

For me there's a number of them:

1) Baby Q, 4* 6/6 SoB with -2/min 1 DR. You will aways, and I mean always see Ditha, Malicia or even the very underused 7 powered 4* girls and simply not put Baby Q into your deck.

What are you missing on? 6 damage for one pill, or someboy overpilling on a Sob Dr. LOL. Also, likely no Freaks poison, lol.

2) Cheep - 8/2 +2 life bonus, stop: -3 dam/ min 1. Well, stop cards are vanilla cards most of the time, and this guy is bonus dependent to boot.

What are you missing on? A bloody annoying 8/4 wall which makes SoA pointless because what SoA means most of the time is no DR. He makes people play stupid - heck, you can actually pill against their SoA and win for ALL damage reduced, making a 4 gap and turning your hand into a 3 rond win one.

Gork - 7/8 SoA bonus with poison self for 2 min/4. XU52 has att manip, Mechakolos is a 1 hit KO. Otherwise people just don't use him enough.

What are you missin out on? Pretty much a bloody honey badger who doesn't give a f**k. Unconditiona 7/8 with SoA? Otherwise he kicks ass.
« Previous12...1314151617181920Next »

191/196
DUC-San - Titan - Dutch Urban Crew English
Tuesday 27/05, 16:05

Wtf would you ever use Bublgmm over Cyb Lhia, C Wing and Vektor?
It's like using Elke as best GHEIST 2* and Otakool as best Junkz 3*
192/196
wats_happenin - Legend - Casual Grind English
Tuesday 27/05, 16:13

Bublgmm has his uses in certain decks. Whilst I agree he isn't better than any of the three listed, he is not majoritally worse either

If paired with Pussycats why use C Wing?
If paired with Freaks he might replace Cyb Lhia
if paired with Berzerk, the poison and life manip isn't really necessary, his pill manip may be welcomed
193/196
DUC-San - Titan - Dutch Urban Crew English
Tuesday 27/05, 16:40

If paired with Pussycats why use C Wing?
If paired with Pussycats why use Bublgmm? Cyb Lhia is even better with Pussycats because of DR

If paired with Freaks he might replace Cyb Lhia
If paired with Freaks why use Bublgmm? Freaks poison + C wings defeat = good. Also Cyb Lhia's poison = ability, Freaks poison = bonus. It's a difference

if paired with Berzerk, the poison and life manip isn't really necessary, his pill manip may be welcomed
If paired with Berzerk why use Bublgmm? You are playing with 14 lifes, so how often is Bublgmm more usfeul than C Wing or Cyb Lhia because of the 2 life min. 1 out of 25 times?
194/196
wats_happenin - Legend - Casual Grind English
Tuesday 27/05, 16:47

Im not saying hes the best choice, Im saying he is a viable choice in certain decks.

I agree that with Pussycats Cyb Lhia would be the best first choice, but what if you needed another 2*, Bublgmm could always be considered hes about 1/5 price of Vektor who isn't really much better

Again with Freaks I agree C Wing is the top choice, but if you are looking for another 2* he is a nice choice. He provides an after poison advantage where he can pill slightly and not just let the opponents card through
Also Cyb Lhia is a trap to use with Freaks. If you draw a common 2/2 split how often will you lead with her? maybe 1/10 games if that, and if the Freaks have got their poison in she becomes a useless card, sure she can get pillz back but so can every other Vortex with a bonus. You'd be relying on her only if the Freaks are drawn without a bonus, and if shes in that same hand. That means shes useful around 30% of the time. Wouldn't you rather a card that is useful in all scenarios and doesnt become fodder in most?

With Berzerk again, I'm not saying hes the greatest choice ever, but if you have Konrad in your deck, mightnt a hit with him and an overpill with Bublgmm spell you the game? Sure Cyb can poison, but do you need her in a deck that does alot of damage anyway
195/196
TheOPG - Imperator - Casual Grind English
Tuesday 27/05, 18:05

Vektor kills, Cyb Lhia poisons, Bublgmm mindfucks, and C Wing is for people who can't think outside the box*. Each of those cards does their job and does it well

*-ie, C Wing loses
196/196
TheOPG - Imperator - Casual Grind English
Tuesday 27/05, 18:09

Man, what I would give for some Vortex equivalent of Jean...

« Previous12...1314151617181920Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals