Favourite overlooked cards

Wednesday 25/09/2013, 14:43
Kefalo - Titan English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
196 messages
Kefalo - Titan - Casual GrindEnglish - Wednesday 25/09/2013, 14:43

So, since the big ELO discussion brought up the fact that way too many cards in the game never see play because nothing quite measures up to the staples, I'd love to have an "underused card appreciation thread". There are cards out there that you just put into your deck for missions or whatever reason and they won you more matches than any staple and have a special place in your heart.

For me there's a number of them:

1) Baby Q, 4* 6/6 SoB with -2/min 1 DR. You will aways, and I mean always see Ditha, Malicia or even the very underused 7 powered 4* girls and simply not put Baby Q into your deck.

What are you missing on? 6 damage for one pill, or someboy overpilling on a Sob Dr. LOL. Also, likely no Freaks poison, lol.

2) Cheep - 8/2 +2 life bonus, stop: -3 dam/ min 1. Well, stop cards are vanilla cards most of the time, and this guy is bonus dependent to boot.

What are you missing on? A bloody annoying 8/4 wall which makes SoA pointless because what SoA means most of the time is no DR. He makes people play stupid - heck, you can actually pill against their SoA and win for ALL damage reduced, making a 4 gap and turning your hand into a 3 rond win one.

Gork - 7/8 SoA bonus with poison self for 2 min/4. XU52 has att manip, Mechakolos is a 1 hit KO. Otherwise people just don't use him enough.

What are you missin out on? Pretty much a bloody honey badger who doesn't give a f**k. Unconditiona 7/8 with SoA? Otherwise he kicks ass.
« Previous12345678910...1920Next »

21/196
HoAzeem - Imperator - Harbingers of Ares English
Sunday 29/09/2013, 13:54

Kephren, I don't see much people using him but he's still a beast!
22/196
_Guedes_ - Master Português
Sunday 29/09/2013, 21:53

"Kephren, I don't see much people using him but he's still a beast!"

Agreed, great 4* comparable to Marina. I said that in the ELO tier list topic, but the author disagreed with me saying he was predictable because of the courage!

Puff, how can a 8/5 DR can be predictable?

Its in the nature of the card being unpredictable, since he can be used for either offense or defense.

Arguably the courage effect can even add a psychological factor to the card, since the opponent will never predict you gonna play him as response in an offensive way, and you can do that without any problem because of the great stats.

Hes only predictable if got in a bad combination in a bad deck. But than again, in this situation, even Marina would be predictable.
23/196
Tanto89 - Titan - X. LycurguS .X English
Monday 30/09/2013, 01:46

I think Flo is not "overlooked" she got her own glory time when the selection of 2* All Stars was: Ashley (DR) Flo, Frank and Terry Cr
I prefer Ashley, but many people used Flo

Baby Q also got her own glory time when she got banned (!!) because she is usable in many levels

I don't know, usually a good card that becomes "overlooked" right now most likely has their own spot light (however some other are just completely useless since they are not as good as the best cards in that slot)

*card like Kang is overlooked since he is facing a very heavy competition with Saki, Randy, Robb Cr, Nathan, Davina and Karen

some list (most of overlooked cards are in 2-3 stars):
Dreen
Feelyn
Gyro
Samantha (I feel really old as she is still my first choice in my deck)
Dash
Dean
Hel
Lunatik
Sheitane
Sakazuki
Darril
Kang (not even in the big three anymore..)
Rubie
Davina
Milovan
Odile
Jalil
Chiro
Oyoh
Oren
24/196
Frowns - Titan - At the End of the World English
Monday 30/09/2013, 07:43

Fun fact: Feelyn was perma-banned in ELO for a while.
25/196
Kefalo - Titan - Casual Grind English
Monday 30/09/2013, 13:51

Oooh, nice stuff guys, I'll deffinitely look into those more closely.

I'm personally looking for a way to learn how to use Kephren - I wasn't very good with Niva who is simmilar, and I really feel like learning to use those guys would help.

As for the large list, at first glance I can deffinitely agree with the usefulness of:

Dreen - Very good card, the stars and the ability+bonus combo is really good.
Dean - people started using him again, he kick ass and I remember him being everywhere before.
Jalil - I actually "discoverd" him on my own once but haven't played mono Jungo much since. He's one mean card for a 3*. Strangely enough I've even used Hopper Ld and him in the same deck which gave me a massive ammount of resilient gapping power off a 3* and a 4* and allow me to really go flexible and utility with the other Jungo (especially the +att guys).
26/196
Bemmoth - Titan English
Tuesday 01/10/2013, 01:28

Frank (yes, I am serious). He won me Survivor games. In 1 match I led with a 4 pill Frank, he followed with a 1 pill Jessie (I actually tried the same deck with Jessie, did a lot worse with it (People just don't expect me to ever pill Frank).

Yusuke. 7 damage courage, with a nice base of 7 power. Even without courage, he is 5 damage. Even force your opponent to use SoA, or force them to beat Yusuke (not always hard to do, but it can also depend on what else you have in your hand).

Wolfgang. 7/4 -4 opp damage, min 2. Add in the Freaks' bonus, he becomes a very potent DR for the clan. Add a pill or 2 on him, and he can do more than just reduce 4 damage.

Wendy. A 7/2 base stat card that can become a 7 power card that can make a 6 life gap on revenge. Not a lot of 2*s can brag about that (and that's without fury).

Wakai. He seems to have disappeared from a lot of Sakrohm decks (especially in half-decks). Very able to hold his own (7 power and a -8 opp atk bonus). He makes a life gap of 3, that cannot be DR'd. Sure he has his SoA vulnerability, but what Sakrohm doesn't?

Kang. A lot more reliable than Randy, although -2 damage. Less of an impact than Robb Cr, but does a better job at shutting down with lower pillz and has excellent synergy. He reduces your opponent's power AND forces them to pill to get passed that -6 atk.

Nistarok. An 8 powered SoB wall that DRs anything huge. He also has an okay base of 5 damage (enough for Nightmare if using the right card.
27/196
Kefalo - Titan - Casual Grind English
Wednesday 02/10/2013, 10:33

Frank is one of those cards that are just impossible to assess the worth of. The "anything but Jessie" policy is actually rock solid - Jessie is awesome but essentially has straight Ulu Watu 2* - 3* stats and gives no wtf factor - sometimes a shakier or more utility based 2* is a better thing to have in hand, especialyl in an uneven split deck.

Wakai - I'd also add Sentogan here. They look like throwaway stuff, and they are sort of filler, but they're 2* with att manip, decent power and 2 unreducable damage. Krash is also better than you'd think (and people undervalue him because he's a starter card). Noone expects pills on them, they call bluffs just fine, and a cheap win with them makes an apparently weak hand suddenly turn into a 3 rounds won hand. Every time I added one of them to a deck for whatever reason (missions or lack of ideas) they always turned out really good.

Nistarok - looks wrong on so many levels, low damage and DR on a 5*, what gives? But Nightmare has Kenny Cr, Cutey, Pan, poisoners, defeat -2 life and a 2* SoB reducer most of who just love calling bluffs or overpilling. And are low on power in general. It's spooky how often the boring looking junky card that is Nistarok turns out the only one you really want to have in your deck. Apart from Vince who is likewise something that looks bad but is in fact crazy good in Elo.

Wolgang is the only Freaks 4* I ever use, and I play a lot of Freaks. Solid DR's that can mess you up are the best ones.
28/196
Tanto89 - Titan - X. LycurguS .X English
Thursday 03/10/2013, 01:46

Ouch, Wakai is not even in staples area anymore? (because of Aleister?)
I don't like Wakai though, 7 power is nice, but I am not a big fan of + life (except with decent damage) since it can't KO your opp
that's why I usually go for Lunatik or Na Boh (and then Nimestiec. but Aleister really a staple now)
Lunatik is more of, if you are gonna be useless against SOA, then do it with a bang type of card.

Gyro is same with Lunatik. 7/5 unopposed is crazy (maybe not much in ELO, but still, very nice)

Dash and Darril: I like the idea of damage = opp damage for 2* card since they can even make it to at max 10 damage if you play it right

Hel: oh, this card is just nasty, fury it and bam, 8 life gap. I usually even sacrifice bigger card for this card. but of course there is Cutey which will do more life gap. but some people do not aware how dangerous she is till they realise on round 3, even if they win 2 rounds, once Hel hit with fury, they will lose (it is hilarious)

Sheitane is Timmy but with 1 less star, 1 less power and better poison. why not? 2 stars poison is perfect. yeah again, Artus and Phyllis are more useful since Nightmare need a good DR / a card with solid power like Phyllis
29/196
DUC-j00p - Titan - Dutch Urban Crew English
Tuesday 08/10/2013, 03:18

Mc arthur, idk if hes underrated but he can be a damn nice card
Lothar, i like her very much, against non atk manipulators she forces 3 pills against an 8 power. did i tell you she got freakin FIVE damages, on a 2 star card :o

@ kefalo
"Wolgang is the only Freaks 4* I ever use, and I play a lot of Freaks"

uhhhhhhhmmm u serious?
30/196
hutson01134 - Hero - wicked souls English
Tuesday 08/10/2013, 08:07

@DUC
1st, Lothar is a boy (his description even uses he).
2nd, I agree with what you said, but would add that he is also weak to good pwr minipulators like All Stars. That said, I don't think that Lothar is overlooked, just underclassed by cards like Krash, Sue, and Lea (I just don't like Steve).

« Previous12345678910...1920Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals