Help with beginner deck - Vortex

Monday 30/09/2013, 14:11
-Saladin - Titan English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
19 messages
-Saladin - Titan - Open CasketEnglish - Monday 30/09/2013, 14:11

Hello to you all, I have tried to build a Vortex deck since it seemed to be fitting my budget and not to bad from what i read. I have built something that I think you can call a deck, but I am not so sure.

This is the deck so far
Cyb Lhia 2*
Ward hg 2*
Bublegmm 2*
Neloe 2*
Deea 3*
Kronnen 4*
C Beast 5*
Oflgn 5*

total = 25*
My problems so far, put aside my lack of experience, are Kronnen being not to good I find myself using him almost always as a bluff when revenge is activated and that due to a low budget i had to settle for cards like Ward hg and Bublegmm.

I would love to hear suggestions for improvements, even sell some of those cards and make a nice half deck. my budget as it is right now stands on 8200ctz and I can sell cards if need be.
« Previous12Next »

2/19
Thai_231 - Veteran - 3LO MA$T3R English
Monday 30/09/2013, 16:57

Having 4 2 star in a Elo deck is a really bad idea. If you are in budget, mix the Vortex with some other clans, Vortex, IMO, is better in half, Cyb Lhia, Deea, Ward hg and T Gaank will be a cheap half Vortex. Other clans those are not very expensive and can work well with Vortex are Roots, Ulu Watu. If you have few more clintz, Junkz and Frozn will be a good choice as well.
3/19
412rayray - Imperator - D-Versified English
Monday 30/09/2013, 18:30

I prefer using Vortex as a half deck. Thai is correct in the 4 cards he loses being ur best options a well. The other half deck is pair it w would b an atk manip clan (Sakrohm, Uppers, Montana) since I can slightly over-pill w Vortex ull either get 2/3 back w a loss or get ur guy thru ull need the other clan to help eat up ur opps pillz. Murray, Uranus, juatya, aleistar r just a coke examples of the type of cards id use
4/19
_Guedes_ - Master Português
Monday 30/09/2013, 18:31

Like said above, i think that Vortex really shines in half decks.

Vortex is a great clan, they are strong against almost everything in this game: pot manipulators, atk. manipulators, poison (specially Freaks), and many others.

But they are specially vulnerable to SoA and SoB. So, you should half deck them with a clan that isn't so vulnerable to that imo.
5/19
HoAzeem - Imperator - Harbingers of Ares English
Monday 30/09/2013, 19:31

Try out Vortex/Watu if your low on clintz.

Cyb Lhia Neloe Deea Oflgn.
Dave Noland Eugene Eddie. It's good for this week's meta, but you'll have trouble against SoA.
6/19
-Saladin - Titan - Open Casket English
Tuesday 01/10/2013, 17:48

Well thank you very much for the help. I don't think about buying credits for now, but what is the optimal half deck with Vortex regardless of it's price?
7/19
HoAzeem - Imperator - Harbingers of Ares English
Tuesday 01/10/2013, 17:50

Dagg T Gaank C Wing Cyb Lhia or the same with Dagg - X-0DUS. That's a pretty beast half.
8/19
-Saladin - Titan - Open Casket English
Tuesday 01/10/2013, 18:23

Should'nt i counsider what Vortex im gonna use according to the other clan ill choose? and maybe its a stupid question, but should i not play 5* cards in a half deck?
9/19
Thoazol - Legend - Wise Men Distracted English
Tuesday 01/10/2013, 18:54

You should, but the halfs HoAzeem brought up are pretty much the best options regardless of what you're pairing them up with.

And that depends solely on what 5* you're thinking of. C Beast? Never. Dregn? If there's a good anti-soa going on, he's worth a shot. Naele? Sure, if the other side fits in with her.
10/19
DUC-San - Titan - Dutch Urban Crew English
Tuesday 01/10/2013, 18:57

It depends on the 5* of the other clans. Clans like Montana or All Stars have worse 5* than Vortex. So in that case you can use Dregn, C Beast, Naele or Shakaarti.
You can also use no 5*. So that means 3x 4* 3x 3* and 2x 2* but that depends on the other half of your deck too.

« Previous12Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals