Can we change permanently banned characters
Wednesday 09/10/2013, 14:27
Goodguydavor - Veteran English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
16 messages
Can we change permanently banned characters
Goodguydavor - Veteran - Dragons Cro ClanEnglish - Wednesday 09/10/2013, 14:27

Hello world =)
So couple weaks ago there was ELO ban change discussion started by UR staff, in that topic there was a lot of ideas about Baning more,new systems for deck making and similar. So my vision would be to bring some old permanently banned characters back because they are not so OP in current meta and could be maybe bringing back some clans in highlights of ELO.
So my first card to be review to come back is Lamar
So Lamar is one of older cards and one of first in permanently banned characters and now after long time i think he is not so big of deal.
1 reason- low lvl cards "evolve" in 7-8 power beasts and got some serious abilitys, so Lamar is not rly untouchable 5 star
2 reason-there are already cards with similar stats as Lamar - Taylor, Rad, Clara
3 reason- his bonus is actually on edge with moder UR power manipulations... because of his low power he will usual bring his opponents on same or
-1 power what make him similar to Oshitsune and other low power chars with power reduction

So this unban probably wont happen but if you think about it Allstars deserve strong nuke 5 star that would be fear for clans like Huracan s and Rescue,
and he would be stable 5 star in Allstars ranks but again not so common because of rarities and price.
So this is only my opinion... Im not pro player so i might be wrong.
« Previous12Next »

2/16
Thoazol - Legend - Wise Men Distracted English
Wednesday 09/10/2013, 14:56

See the problem is, Heartnett is there to cover for the Sob and Sigurd for the 5* nuke. So Lamar Cr is relatively unlikely to be unbanned. I'm not saying it's impossible, since the staff does throw the occasional curveball, but don't get your hopes up.
3/16
Goodguydavor - Veteran - Dragons Cro Clan English
Wednesday 09/10/2013, 15:01

Ye i understand there are changes for him, and that staff probably wont bring him back soon.
But i was aiming that he is not that big op that he need perma Ban
i was planing to go and talk about all perma bans that are not so big deal for today standard just as short series for community to talk about
4/16
I eat pasta - Senior English
Wednesday 09/10/2013, 20:10

Lamar wont be back..probably ever in ELO.
A) old game CRs are hard to obtain for newer players and the point of ELO is to supposed be one of the most "skilled" game type and having expensive cr's limit 90-95% of the players.
B) Its an amazing card.

and it may be a great counter to Huracan but the beauty of Huracan is that they have great 2* with an amazing bonus. Would be hard to fit Lamar Cr in an All Stars/Huracan half deck

I think lowering the ELO star count from 25 to 22 or 23 would help a lot in the ELO and focusing more of the weekly bans on clans strong 2* cards like Zapatino, Jean, Pegh, flannagan, and etc.
5/16
_Guedes_ - Master Português
Wednesday 09/10/2013, 21:19

Lowering stars wouldn't help, it would just unbalance the mode for the clans who have better low stars cards.

Seriously guys, elo is great as it is now!

Yeah, it needs some tweaks, like ban this op Huracan/Freaks cards here and there, unbann some of the staff ban cards that really dont deserve that ban anymore.

And yeah, a little (like 2 or 3 cards max) rotation in the perma ban staff cards form 6 to 6 months would keep the metta always fresh, besides, there are always new cards who change the metta, like this graves, we are seeing a lot Berzerk decks right now.

But, see, i started to play this game 4 years ago, player for 4 or 5 months and left it. The reason was that me, as a new player, simply couldnt compete with all the cr and expensive OP cards with my 20k deck. My personal record was something like 1279 elo back them.

Than, i started to play again like 2 months ago and, gladly, i realized that ELO mode was way more democratic. Now you can easily achieve 1300 with a 30~40k deck, if you have the skills for it (and, in my case, the Skeelz ).
6/16
_Guedes_ - Master Português
Wednesday 09/10/2013, 21:29

You guys wanna know what is the biggest problem with elo format?

THE BIGGEST PROBLEM is, imo, that the rewards in ELO should be a little bit higher for the 1100, 1200 and 1300 zones, to encourage new player to play it. 5 credits to 1200 elo is a joke imo.

See, Elo format is the most achievable format for new player, because it involves skill and strategy, not just expensive cards. But the prizes for 1100, 1200 and 1300 are ridiculous for these player... a new player would have to achieve 1200 spot for a month to buy a pack...

On the other hand, in dt, that happens dozens for a single day, player with good decks (read expensive decks) can farm and stupid amount of clintz in a month.

Other example is colliseum. Just compare the prizes for coliseum and ElO in the lowest levels. Coliseum prizes are way better! THEY RECEIVE GARANTED CR FOR THE FIRST 500!!

A new player can play coliseum? Obviously not.

So, the dynamic of this game is basically: rich players get richer while the new players struggle more everiday to get a decent amount of cash to make decent decks.

And the game will dye slowly because is a must for the community to always gatter new players. Just the old player wont keeps this game running forever.
7/16
I eat pasta - Senior English
Thursday 10/10/2013, 07:05

Well thats why I said at the end that the elo staff would focus more on the weekly bans on lower stars such as the 2*'s.

again i have no problem with the current elo system. Some cards probably should be perma banned. A smaller rotation on perma banning a card would be great.

I came to this game also with nothing. Bought credits once for like $5-10. Made good investments in the market. Now i don't consider myself to have a lot clintz and be rich(90k isnt much) but i make it work. I own a Rescue deck, Bezerk cards(the staples), Uppers, and then the rest is invested to the meta every week. If i have enough time im a 1350 elo player consistently but always at 1300 easily(unless i have something busy with my life). Sometimes i make "boneheaded mistakes" because when playing urban rivals its a multi tasking game for me when doing other stuff at my house.

Seeing the credits be spread out a little more would be beneficial. Because I remember how frustrating it would be using Montana when half my deck was banned and i had no clintz to change a deck or buy new cards
8/16
Goodguydavor - Veteran - Dragons Cro Clan English
Thursday 10/10/2013, 12:28

So first @-hollywood- as Thoazol say there is alternative solution in allstars for Lamar Cr--> Heartnett and Sigurd
and not to bring him back cuz he is expensive and rare is bad reason.... if i play this game and collect 500k for card i deserve to have it ... similar is Kerozinn Cr... Fang Pi Clang have change for her and it is even good one. i agree that elo is good but unbaning card that are not OP any more can bring some clans back to mainstream. And last UR want to make money so they kinda want you to spend money on packs to make your deck more competitive, but i dont agree that cards that are expensive need to be band just cuz he is expensive in any TGC on net or in real life there is always guy who have that one special card that give him advantage and "prestige" and there need to be some reward for older players that collected 500k clintz... meybe have to buy 2 cards for same effect of that one but they will pay it like 470k less!!!

@_guedes_ - i like Elo sistem that is today a lot, Totally agree that rewards need to go up cuz you actually need to spend all weak, and if you have 1200 barely make something fore your self... again colloseum is not that big problem giving free cr s... like 100 more of some cr per weak his price go lower and other player have biger chance to buy them in future.
9/16
JO3SHMO - Imperator - aussie crusaders English
Thursday 10/10/2013, 13:13

If bringing back staff-banned cards is done with the intention to try and balance the game mode, then that's perfectly fine. However going by your profile and picture, All Stars is clearly your favourite clan. Your specific example is probably a bit biased.

All Stars don't need to be brought "back to mainstream", they're already a legitimate choice. Marina, Saki and Jessie +1 is strong without being TOO strong, so they're in a good place right now.

I'm sure people can make a case for some other staff-banned cards, but I haven't thought about it enough to give an educated suggestion just yet. I can say though that Lamar Cr returning is very wishful thinking.
10/16
AoEM_Sakal - Legend - Army of Elite Mercenaries Česky
Thursday 10/10/2013, 15:52

I think Vickie Cr and Lyse Teria Cr should be unbanned. Montana is weak without Avola and Mona I think this can get them to be played a little more.

« Previous12Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals