Ripped off by Urban Rivals

Wednesday 09/10/2013, 19:22
Haunches - Titan Español

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
9 messages
Haunches - Titan - The Bran ClanEspañol - Wednesday 09/10/2013, 19:22

I've only been around here since June, for the record. Since then, I've knocked out all the credit missions. AKA, Ive bought a very solid amount of credits since I've joined. I'd be happy to continue doing so, but I'm having problems right now. My main problem is with the staff of Urban Rivals.

You see, about a week ago, in fact, exactly a week ago, I paid for 80 credits. Sometimes, whenever you buy credits, you don't receive any. When this happens, you typically have to contact customer support to resolve the problem. I'm sure it's happened to me five or six times in the past. It's very irritating. Like buying a cheeseburger at a restaurant and being informed that you will receive said cheeseburger at a later date, but they're going to take your money now. I understand this is bound to happen on occasion, but it happens too often for my liking, especially if the only reason you're buying credits is for a particular event.

Nonetheless, I've been contacting customer support throughout the week. I log in today, and find no record of my posts in the 'contact us' section. Still no credits, and it's been a week. It really sucks, because I love this game. However, if it's going to start stealing my money without giving me anything in return, there's not really a lot I can do.

I'm sure this post will be deleted, but I at least wanted to commiserate with fellow players about my issue.

2/9
Thoazol - Legend - Wise Men Distracted English
Wednesday 09/10/2013, 19:28

Why would there be a record of it on the contact us page? It's not an archive or anything.

On a related note, did you also check the email you entered? Because, "The answer will be sent at this email address, not as a private msg"
3/9
Haunches - Titan - The Bran Clan Español
Wednesday 09/10/2013, 19:33

This isn't my first rodeo, homey. I've been through this process five or six times. and yeah, it does keep a record of your issue in the 'contact us' page. At least it did every other day this week. And yes, I check my email. This process has worked for me every other time its happened. Normally, I get my credits within a day. Not this time.
4/9
DeepEnd - Imperator - Limit Break English
Wednesday 09/10/2013, 19:50

I can remember only one other report of lost money on UR ever - so this thing is not commonplace. It falls to the marginal 0.0001% of all the cases thus its probably extremely unlikely technical error on some of the participant (you pay from the bank to controller who pays to UR- any of those links can fail, its extremely unlikely but it can fail - especially the controller -> UR link.)

Care to name how you paid for your credits? Trough what system?
5/9
Wednesday 09/10/2013, 19:59

Certainly can. I go through Google Play, or in other words, buying credits through my phone account on the Android app. Usually, I get a "purchase confirmed" message followed by something telling me that the credits have been added to my account, and that I now have X. Every once in a while, the app screws up while my purchase is being processed. It's a buggy app, but I forgive it because I love it, and to this point, customer service is prompt about refunding my credits.

Not only that, but there was a time when I thought it ripped me off and it didn't. Customer service informed me of every card I received and told me to check my collection. Every card they named was there, (I thought it deducted my credits without giving me cards, they were just all crappy doubles. such is life.)

I'm certainly buying credits. I'm at 83% of the collection. No way I get there in four months getting a card a day from Kate. I still have a record of every credit I've purchased from Urban Rivals. It's almost embarrassing how many receipts I have in my gmail account.
6/9
DeepEnd - Imperator - Limit Break English
Wednesday 09/10/2013, 22:39

So, you intentionally use an app that you know to fail regular on your device?

Well. Im not judging. I pour gasoline on myself before I go BBQ some steaks - I consider that risk acceptable...
7/9
Wednesday 09/10/2013, 23:19

Ah, so your intention was to be sarcastic and snippy after all. No surprise there. Of course the fault should be on the consumer, and my punishment should be to let Urban Rivals keep my money, and receive nothing in return... not even a reply. Stupid, stupid me for wanting to pay $2.07 for 40 credits instead of 2.90 (plus a slight fee and additonal charge on my account) for 50 credits. Shame on me for using the provided method of purchasing credits. Its my fault there's the occasional blip.

Give me a break, man. I got taken for four bucks. That blows. Ive not been reimbursed. That also blows. I wouldn't normally make a big deal about it, but ive not even received a reply as to what's going to come of this. If not taking it to the forum, do you have an actual suggestion to what I should do? If not, you're welcome to continue being all sarcastic and condescending. I can do this all day.
8/9
Pilluminati - Legend - URBAN MADNESS English
Wednesday 09/10/2013, 23:31

See,this happens to me with Paybycash,the support here can only do so much.You're going to have to contact the support of the company which supply you your credits.In my case(paybycash,not anymore,they like to dick around with my credits and disable my account for some reason),i contacted them,and within a few days i had recieved payment.So,what you might have to do is what i briefly outlined-contact the support of the company which you get credits from.

Hopefully,you get your credits and this issue is resolved.

Mmmm, bbq....
9/9
Wednesday 09/10/2013, 23:42

Thanks for your reply, Pilluminati. I played against you once a long time ago, and I always thought that was a really clever name.

I don't know that my handler has anything to do with it. I mean, every other part of the transaction went through. Its on my bank statement, the receipt isnt lacking anything... if there was a problem with the payment, youd think customer support would at leastbe able to inform me about it when I gave them the information. But you know, that might not be a bad idea. Im going to give that a shot.

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals