50/50 n 3rd win decks

50/50 n 3rd win decks
Monday 28/10/2013, 09:45
412rayray - Titan English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
10 messages
50/50 n 3rd win decks
412rayray - Titan - D-VersifiedEnglish - Monday 28/10/2013, 09:45

Can anyone give us a good definition/description of what people mean when they refer to these types of decks/matches?

2/10
412rayray - Titan - D-Versified English
Monday 28/10/2013, 09:50

I readily admit that I'm ok at elo, if I had more time I'd b better but oh well. People throw these 2 terms around all the time n I'm wondering what they r actually referring to.

I'm not a giant fan of cards w huge damage, I'd rather win through attrition (Freaks) or unconventional play (Melvin aggressive). Y use Michael (Skeelz) over Minerva (also Skeelz) for example?

I like 2-way cards (win/lose: either watu benefit somehow) to straight up brawlers. Am I wrong?

Someone willing to help?
3/10
Lingod - Titan - Harbingers of Ares Português
Monday 28/10/2013, 11:22

The 3rd round decks are decks in which even without a K.O you win the match on the 3rd round. Kenny Cr or Cutey are good examples. Its the strategy to on the 3rd round finish off your opponent creating a big enough life gap that no matter the result on the last turn you still win.

50/50 are decks are more vague and I still don't know exactly what each player means when they are using that term.
4/10
Monday 28/10/2013, 20:06

Thx lingod, hopefully someone. Will fill in the blanks
5/10
Lingod - Titan - Harbingers of Ares Português
Monday 28/10/2013, 23:01

No problem, and I would like to know as well what they mean by 50/50 decks.
6/10
-NN_Sarphyrox - Imperator - Open Casket English
Tuesday 29/10/2013, 04:47

I based this on context clues only. the way i see it 50/50 means than. in every round you have a 50% chance of wining and 50% chance of losing. this apply to deck with Kolos, General Cr and other 1HKO. you win the match if you stop the attempted ko or lose if you give in to a bluff or unable to stop the ko. mechacholos with reprisal is a 50/50 on two round only. this does not only apply to ko. let say you are against the dreaded hurucan with Kinichaw in it. if you attempt to stop Kinichaw and failed. well it might spell disaster for you with the high life gap and crippling effect of attk manips, then follwed by el magistrado or El Gascaro. eventually you lose. also applies to Freaks with alot of dr on hand, or Pussycats with at least one high damager card. there are ways to counter this deck. have SOB, SOA, DR, wall cards or even just correctly guess when the opp will use his triumph card/s. anyway its 50/50. you keep scratching your head when to block the triumph card and the opp is left scratching his head when to use it.
7/10
Tuesday 29/10/2013, 08:43

Sarph... Thank u that makes some sense. As it pertains to elo I can Kinichaw specifically being a problem (Ditha as well) is it really that simple? Guess the bluff n win? Seems crazy to me that so many people run into 50/50 decks till 1300 if that's the case.
Maybe my play style is so unorthodox that I don't get the problem. Everything is 50/50 for me then lol
8/10
BiggerPicture - Titan - E X C A L I B U R English
Tuesday 29/10/2013, 11:36

There is many reason 50/50 is used , people can play for a 50/50 a example of this your oppenants holds turn 1 you play 5 pills acting first so now you have 8 pills and the free one each round , now your oppenants turn he pills to exactly half of your pills (if you hold) with a card that swings the gap in his favour and he only has to win one more round with a 50/50 chance of doing so he has half of the pills , it is probably the Least skilled way of winning a game.
9/10
Trippie - Legend - Open Casket English
Tuesday 29/10/2013, 11:38

Playing for a 50-50 is either double olding (playing 0 pillz twice in round 1 and round 2) or, if you have a lot more life gap than your opponent, doing what Scous3 said and overpilling with a high life gap card so that only one of your remaining cards needs to win (leading to a guessing game as to which one)
10/10
Tuesday 29/10/2013, 16:30

Cool. Thx guys this helps

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals