Vortex in ELO mode?

Vortex in ELO mode?
Monday 04/11/2013, 01:18
PrinceApathos - Master English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
8 messages
Vortex in ELO mode?
PrinceApathos - Master English - Monday 04/11/2013, 01:18

I'm an avid Vortex player and believe I have a lot of the better cards in the clan, Dregn Dagg Oflgn etc. I also like to entertain the idea that I'm reasonably skilled at the game. I've played off on on for a long time and I do reasonably well in tournaments and I can manage to bring my Elo up. Thing is though, I'm having a very hard time of it. It's frustrating when the majority of my victories are dependent entirely upon how poor of a player the other person is as opposed to how skilled I am. I sometimes win because my opponent is just bad at math, and as such my win rates become inconsistent once I'm against good people.

The chief aspect of the Vortex clan that frustrates me is that they feel reactionary. With their bonus not helping them in fights I rely primarily upon anticipation and careful losses to pull out a win, as opposed to being able to play aggressively. Also, the clan has no reliable attack manipulation that affects the other player, and no response at all to SoA. When I see the GHEIST team background at the beginning of a fight, I contemplate forfeiting immediately. The clan is pitifully weak sans abilities.

I've had more success half decking with Uppers or Nightmare but even so I feel like I could have a team that nets much higher odds of winning. In the face of things like Huracan, Junkz, Sentinel and Rescue, Vortex feel useless, which is a shame because I really like the Clan.

Any avid Vortex players know how to play around the clans weaknesses?

2/8
_Guedes_ - Master Português
Monday 04/11/2013, 02:22

Do you play half or mono?

Well, if you play mono, i cant really help you, because they are really weak in mono imo.

But for half, they can be good. Thing is, you have to half them with a clan that capitalizes good with their bonus. Best example i could give is Frozn, but there are others.

Basically, your strategy is to make your opponents spend pills with Vortex so the other clan cards can hit hard.

Thats why i think the best Vortex cards are like Cyb Lhia, Deea, Dagg, Sekutor, etc. Cards with decent damage (or potential damage for Cyb Lhia) with high power or atk man. that will make your opp. spend pills on they or have to spent they dr's with you putting just a few pills. T Gaank is a great card too because cant be dr and have a good unopposed power, so your opponent will have to spend pills against him.

I don't think, for example, Oflgn or C Beast is a good card because they can be simply dr and are too fat for this(aka 5*)

Yes, the clan is kinda vulnerable to SoA. But what other clan isn't besides Skeelz and other soa/sob clans?

And this threat can be lessened with half deck too.

C Wing and/or Neloe, Cyb Lhia, Deea, Dagg and/or T Gaank is a good half deck to be used with a lot of other clans.
3/8
DUC-San - Veteran - Dutch Urban Crew English
Monday 04/11/2013, 08:36

T Gaank, Dagg, X-0DUS, Deea, C Wing and Cyb Lhia are staples in Vortex. For 11* you have a strong halfdeck.
I don't like them in mono but if you do T Gaank, Dagg, X-0DUS, Deea, Dreadlash and a splash like Plunk/Chiara, C Wing and Cyb Lhia looks like a strong deck.
4/8
412rayray - Guru - D-Versified English
Monday 04/11/2013, 09:19

I hit 1250 last week (ran out of time) w Sentinel/Vortex. I like to pair solid clan bonuses w atk man. Clans. It will eventually have dr, free pillz, atk +, pwr reduc, SOA, n beefy hitters. Pretty much the whole package. I owe the idea to metalheaduk666

Carmen
Havok
Melvin
Tobbie

Cyb Lhia
Naele (until I can afford Sekutor)
Sunder (until I can afford Deea)
Neloe
5/8

Yesterday i made 1401 with T Gaank Cyb Lhia Dagg X-0DUS Nabrissa Lucy Clover Diana.
6/8
Monday 04/11/2013, 10:25

Sorry Dreadlash not Sunder
7/8
Monday 04/11/2013, 10:26

Damn tiny if only I owned more cards lol
8/8
METALHEADuk666 - Titan - D-Versified English
Tuesday 05/11/2013, 00:19

I love half deck Vortex its a great safty net. As tiny says it works well in pussy cats ( though the one card in really wanting is x)

i think.ill sell some junks for it lol

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals