Our plans for UR
Thursday 12/12/2013, 10:03
Goralion - Admin English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
646 messages
Our plans for UR
Goralion - Admin - E X C A L I B U REnglish - Friday 13/12/2013, 09:15

Hey everybody,

We have been pretty quiet on UR since too many months. We know you have a lot of questions and concerns left without answers about the game you (used to) love.
Not everything we have done those past months and year was good. We know this, and we are not afraid of rolling back about those features. You are waiting for changes, updates, corrections ; I am going to give you some of our plans for the next months about UR.

- bug / issue corrections. If you want to help us by reporting issues we may not know about, please check this topic : http://www.urban-rivals.com/en/community/forum/?mode=viewsubject&forum_page=0&id_subject=2412404&subject_page=0#answers

- DT gameplay rollback : we will go back on our old and beloved T1 & T2 DT's, and slightly tweak it to achieve a good competitive balance

- DT prizes modification : I cannot go deep into the details as it is not completely defined yet, but here is a little description :
-> no more Cr lottery, we will add a Cr token system
-> you will win Cr tokens according to your rank in a DT / performance
-> you will be able to spend your Cr tokens on Cr packs
-> 1 pack = 1 random Cr
-> there will be several Cr packs ; the higher Cr pack's price, the higher value of the Cr you will obtain by opening it
-> Cr tokens will most certainly NOT be sold in the shop, which means you will have to play one way or another to get a Cr pack
-> a Cr pack will be expensive, so it will take time to get Cr's this way
-> what issues this Cr tokens system solves : a lot less randomness in DT's prize awarding (thus more fairness) ; Cr's (a bit) more accessible, as you will unavoidably get one at some point

- Pack shop rollback / modification : the newest packs we made half a year ago (new Nb, etc.) were controversial. Thus, we are studying a new pack shop, combining the strength of the old and new pack shops to provide you a better offer with a large price range

- a surprise for the beginning of the new year, which will be the starting point of UR's rebirth time

So this was what is coming for sure during the next months. More will come. What is for sure is that UR is going to evolve in many ways and catch up.

edited by Goralion Friday 13/12/2013, 09:15
« Previous12...141516171819...6465Next »

161/646
Jokers Reign - Imperator English
Tuesday 07/01, 20:19

First, I'd like to say thanks to the staff for continuing to try expand and improve this game. I think it's telling that you're able to admit you're mistakes in the management of the game. I was here before the changes and I recently came back to the game. I believe changing the game back to T1, T2, and Standard would work best for daily DT's. That being said, since standard is such a small format the DT's shouldn't start up if a minimum number of people aren't in to start. Also, the prize given could be lessened in accordance with the number of players. For instance, if there are 100 or less players the CR could be 50k or less.

The CR packs are a very good idea because I know that I have been in at least 70 lotteries without a CR win. That may not seem like a lot but when you consider the time taken to get into the top 150 for extended it's not a simple task. However, we need to take into account skill level so that no one is really disadvantaged. For a very adept player it should take about 2-3 months for a pack that would contain DJ Korr whereas for a less skilled player it should be about 4-5 months. This can and should be adjusted if too few CR's are being given out and you don't want them concentrated in the hands of the best as this can be detrimental to the game and the market. For CR's of the170k and below range it shouldn't take more than 1-2 months.
162/646
Tuesday 07/01, 20:32

Another thing about CR packs there should be a price lock in point every month for the packs. Since there can be fluctuations in price the CR's should be locked into the packs during a certain point in the month so everyone knows what they will receive when they redeem tokens.

If you guys can ever accomplish it you should have a watch match feature like they have in Magic the gathering. It is a very good feature that helps people learn the game and can be enjoyable to see others' play style. By the way, you seem to have issues still with your english translation on the site. You should definitely enlist the help of your english speaking population with the localization of the game.
163/646
Infiniti - Guru English
Wednesday 08/01, 00:28

Also, I don't know if I speak for all dt players but sometimes I get bored of the same dts bans. You could make the dt ban similar to the elo weekly bans so that it changes every week (or month). Higher places in dts = more votes on who to ban.
164/646
mihalll7_UM - Event team - URBAN MADNESS English
Wednesday 08/01, 01:36

@Joker Reign

@First, I'd like to say thanks to the staff for continuing to try expand and improve this game. I think it's telling that you're able to admit you're mistakes in the management of the game.

true

@ I believe changing the game back to T1, T2, and Standard would work best for daily DT's.

there will be T1 and T2, St is cancelled, I asked that already somewhere in the beginning
making 3 types of DTs would be bad idea, spliting the JP even more

@ That being said, since standard is such a small format the DT's shouldn't start up if a minimum number of people aren't in to start.

how do you imagine that? if at the very start there's not a set number of players in the room the dt is not played? Why should it be not played? Besides people can join throughout the whole hour you know, especially in St where few fights give you top150 and credit

@ Also, the prize given could be lessened in accordance with the number of players. For instance, if there are 100 or less players the CR could be 50k or less.

Maybe, but the prize set is determined in advance

@The CR packs are a very good idea because I know that I have been in at least 70 lotteries without a CR win.

no offence, but it's a low amount to make it a legit "experiment sample", I;ve entering nearly all the lottos from the very begginning, usually both, and I won "just" twice with six months break inbetween
it's just as it is, a lotto, nothing more to it, only good thing about it is that your highest counts when it comes to dividing the cards

@That may not seem like a lot but when you consider the time taken to get into the top 150 for extended it's not a simple task.

Actually it is, less than half an hour is enough, 40 minutes for players less skilled or used to DTs

@However, we need to take into account skill level so that no one is really disadvantaged.

afreed, and it will be done as it's said in the main post

@ For a very adept player it should take about 2-3 months for a pack that would contain DJ Korr whereas for a less skilled player it should be about 4-5 months.

2 months for a big5 card? I'm afraid it would be too good to be true, but it depends on the point of view

@This can and should be adjusted if too few CR's are being given out and you don't want them concentrated in the hands of the best as this can be detrimental to the game and the market.

Well, it will be packs, so you can't really limit them I think, if you buy one, you start earning for another

This post took really long, hope it doesn't get cut in the middle
Really eager to see this coming alive, also would like to get any details you can share in advance
165/646
Wednesday 08/01, 07:15

@ mihalll7_UM

This is the point. Just because players are used to a certain structure doesn't mean it should remain that way moving forward. I don't believe allowing players to continually jump into tournaments already in progress is really a good thing. You're unnecessarily dividing up the prizes for someone who didn't compete the whole time. Many players complain about their investment versus other players so why continue to allow a practice that emphasizes this? Tournaments should lockout at least 5 minutes after starting. The tournaments shouldn't be played to hand out cards to such a small lucky group. This is in line with everything that everyone is complaining about with standard and other tournaments where the number of players isn't that great. The prize can still be determined in advance with a number chart and the card can be matched to the number of players. It isn't that difficult.

It doesn't matter if you won only twice you still won. The point being that I've played in the new and old era without a card won. You could place many times and not win or you could play once and win. The problem is that time and effort for placing aren't being rewarded accordingly. If I managed to top 50 ten times in a two week period then a prize worth that effort definitely should be coming. Even a skilled DT player won't be able to manage top 10 and stay there if he or she quit after 30 minutes so you're minimizing the effort it takes to place highly.
166/646
Wednesday 08/01, 07:30

@ mihalll7_UM

You're point about people quitting early or entering late and quitting after achieving a fast rank highlights why tournaments should be locked out. This also bolsters my argument that an emphasis on placing and staying in the tournament to hold that place are so important for the tokens that will be given away. If people can just take the fastest killing deck or the best at the time because they entered late and have a better idea what everyone else is probably playing really jeopardizes the integrity of the tournaments.

Maybe I'm so used to Magic the Gathering tournaments online and in real life that I feel this system doesn't really maintain a true tournament atmosphere. I truly believe that not just the errors the staff made but a lack of true tournament feel is why a lot of people like myself left before. If you feel like others are just getting over on the system you won't bother competing. I may not be the greatest player but I'm far from the worst and I know adding more structure and rules to the tournaments will help them not hurt them.

In any case, I await the changes and hope we can enjoy what the staff does.
167/646
Shanks Miagi - Event team - D-Versified English
Wednesday 08/01, 09:01

Nice these changes look excellent cant wait to see it happen
168/646
mihalll7_UM - Event team - URBAN MADNESS English
Wednesday 08/01, 14:18

@Joker
if you're an old player returning as you say, you shouild know that the cr prizes for DTs are quite new addition

before that, it was only clintz, but way more that it's currently is (due to more players and only one room)

creating Standard DTs with such a low participation rate may be the cause of the problem you're pointing out - people are aware that it takes way less time than the whole DT to earn the credit and top150 (thus entering the cr lotto), that's why they not playing the whole thing, diminshing the pot even more, making it nearly unprofitable in clintz-terms

I'm not saying DT couldn't use some tweaking, but locking a room? what if people that entered at the beginning decide not to play full hour, will you ban them from other modes for the duration of the DT?
plus, the more people, the more fights, the bigger Jackpot, and when the token system arrives, if it will be rewarding according to the rank, it shall not be a problem - jumpers will get a token for participation, serious players will get more or better ones for playing the real game - we just have to wait and see what it will be like

@You could place many times and not win or you could play once and win. The problem is that time and effort for placing aren't being rewarded accordingly. If I managed to top 50 ten times in a two week period then a prize worth that effort definitely should be coming.

Yes, because as i said, it's a lotto
it changed the way people are looking at DT, they're now more focused on randoming the cr prize rather than playing for win and the clintz (besides the real DT players who win or place high constantly), and the current system allows them to think that playing only once is as good as playing 10 times, equalizing those "jumpers" you mention to people commiting to the mode, giving them equal chance in the lottery - that's a serious flaw and I'm aware of that

although the jumper would usually not place high enough to eanr the best card
but, again, it's a lotto, there's been exceptions
169/646
G-H-O-S-T 4D - Veteran - The Fourth Dimension English
Wednesday 08/01, 19:25

This new update sucks....I haven't been on ur since like 2011 but I can't sell my cards I can't look at the clan pages too see all the cards and its awkward as hell...please bring back the old ur setup, this new one sucks balls...not the old school one though I remember when it would take like 10 mins to get a match and it looked so basic, I made many accounts since then, dunno how many years ago was that but ur improved a lot and I think this new version is a step backwards, just saying dudes
170/646
damienuk - Legend - Open Casket English
Friday 10/01, 13:42

One of the main problems with ur is the constant release of new cards 8 a month 96 a year that's way over what should be released . How are new players supposed to ever be able to complete a collection? The big 5 are virtually imposable to obtain unless you win it in a comp . I propose messing releases to maybe 4 a month to give people a chance to collect all the cards available

« Previous12...141516171819...6465Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals