Why does everyone leave?

Why does everyone leave?
Friday 03/01, 20:24
bokneehog - Titan English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
17 messages
Why does everyone leave?
bokneehog - Titan - Open CasketEnglish - Friday 03/01, 20:24

I recently reached the higher levels of ELO (1300+) and for some reason people's behaviour changes at this tier. Whenever I am about to KO someone, they leave the battle, and sometimes even when they realize they can no longer win, they leave the battle. Why is this? Is there a points benefit to leaving the battle as opposed to being KO'd? If that is the case, I think the scoring needs to be revised.
« Previous12Next »

2/17
Infiniti - Senior English
Friday 03/01, 20:32

To sum it up all in a line: It saves time.
3/17
bokneehog - Titan - Open Casket English
Friday 03/01, 20:56

Fair enough, that's kinda what I figured anyway
4/17
ManOfLuckHOA - Hero - Harbingers of Ares English
Friday 03/01, 21:53

I believe that there should be a bonus decrease in withdrew matches.
5/17
Saturday 04/01, 00:56

I agree that there should be a fairly heavy penalty for leaving these matches early. I lose at least 5 KO's a day because of people leaving matches early.
6/17
wasteroftime - Moderator - Open Casket English
Saturday 04/01, 17:34

Elo is not the place to do missions. elo is for elo. all of us have a certain amount of time that we can play per week. if someone is looking to play a lot of elo in a given week. leaving matches 30 sec - 2 minutes early adds up tremendously.

the reverse is even more frustrating... people who dont leave, or people who contiue to think and calculate even though the match is decided already (as a win or a loss). add to this the potential lag in internet connection between both players and the server.
7/17
Thoazol - Legend - Wise Men Distracted English
Saturday 04/01, 17:44

"Elo is not the place to do missions."
Except the elo missions, which you shouldn't be doing in the first place.
8/17
wasteroftime - Moderator - Open Casket English
Saturday 04/01, 19:37

Elo missions is collateral/incidental imho

it would be like playing DMs and losing on purpose solely for the reason of completing DM missions where you take revenge on a player that has defeated you previously. yeah im sure some players are into that kind of gameplay.
9/17
Lee Marvin_UM - Imperator - URBAN MADNESS English
Sunday 05/01, 07:28

Im all for players leaving early if they decide they cant win, the problem is the people who time out. I had three in a row do it to me and it is frusterating as hell. I think there should be an additional ten point penalty for timing out in elo similar to the -20 in the DTs.I throws u off and breaks the streak u have going. I think it suxs that this is allowed, they should either pull up their big boy pants and take the loss or leave, the rulle applies in all aspects of urban rivals....WIN FAST..LOSE FAST. Not be a jerk and waste time of people who want to play. Go play legos in the corner.
10/17
Sunday 05/01, 15:47

Do I get more ELO points by getting a KO than if my opponent were to leave the match early? That is really my only concern, and if there is no points difference, we can say case closed lol

« Previous12Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals