ELO is infuriating me today

Thursday 08/05, 02:35
Kefalo - Titan English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
18 messages
Kefalo - Titan - Casual GrindEnglish - Thursday 08/05, 02:35

So I made this really silly deck which somehow got me into the 1200. Then I got into the 1300. But every time I try to get anywhere past that point I drop like a stone... and proced droping. 4 times I've gone all the way down to 1200 and back over 1300. So my question is - how high do I have to get in the 1300 to remain there untill the end of the week? Because, apparently, if I play a single game in the 1300's I drop down like a stone and lose the next 5 matches somehow...
« Previous12Next »

2/18
TheOPG - Imperator - Casual Grind English
Thursday 08/05, 04:53

I figure it's because you're at 1300. I'm not trying to be sarcastic, but when you get that high losses generally hurt more and you're playing other super-legit hardcore players who are out to win. Congrats on getting to 1300 out of sheer silliness, though.
3/18
Space Churros - Imperator - Legendary Knights English
Thursday 08/05, 04:56

Teach me your ways oh silly guru..
I can't even get past 1200.. xD
congrats..
1300 is sounds scary..
4/18
NextLvLStr4ts - Imperator - Open Casket ελληνικά
Thursday 08/05, 05:10

I dropped from 1188 to 996 today gotta get back to 1300 by friday th ough
5/18
wghheghfuehui - Novice English
Thursday 08/05, 06:24

I dropped from 1100 to 900 once and then went up to 1150
6/18
JO3SHMO - Imperator - aussie crusaders English
Thursday 08/05, 07:45

It's mostly to do with the time of week. Playing in the 1300 range and maintaining/building from there will be against more difficult players than it would be on a Saturday or Sunday when the better players are around 1400 and higher.

I see you've got yourself back up past 1300, and with that score you will finish comfortably above 1300 if you don't play another game this week. There is not much point playing for a higher score until more people move above you in the ranks.
7/18
Kefalo - Titan - Casual Grind English
Thursday 08/05, 09:56

^ Ty. I'll keep an eye on the score and only risk another drop if I goes below or looks about to. And lol, it only occured to me after seeing your responses that I actually broke 1300 5 times this week. Lol.

As for the deck, it's a counterintuitive combination of Hurracan - Ulu with no 5*. The counterintuitive part is that both clans work much better in the initial rounds, that there's no SoA or SoB in it, that there's more defeat than makes sense, that it's damage is killed by the rampant SoA everywhere in ELO currently (well it was everywhere yesterday) and that it's offense is killed by the rampant SoB yesterday. Yet it somehow works, go figure, at least untill you get to 1300 and get schooled by the best Italy and Spain have to offer at that tier.
8/18
Pilluminati - Legend - URBAN MADNESS English
Wednesday 14/05, 00:29

Best way i can put it is that it's Tuesday,you got into 1300,and you started dropping,it should have been a sign to take a breather and wait a couple of days to mount a serious attack on 1300 + with a different deck.

Or at least that's what i've been told anyway.
9/18
-Grave Lie- - Legend - URBAN MADNESS English
Wednesday 14/05, 13:53

I reckon that if you start the week at 1330+, it should be enough to let you finish the week without playing and remain above 1300.
10/18
Kefalo - Titan - Casual Grind English
Wednesday 14/05, 19:09

I managed to stay in the 1300+ without having to play another match with 1320 on... wednesday or something. Pretty nice I suppose. Thanks for the advice guys, and I dread ELO nearing the end of the week because time is running out and people are much more careful and people who only play on weekends but have good decks and cards show up looking to get serious.

However, one thing about ELO which irritates me quite a bit is that it's really impossible to know where the meta is at at any given point. And you can drop like a stone, so getting to 1320 and waiting a few days, while the only sensible thing yes, also mean landing smack dab into a bunch of guys who can actually play the game, have 1300+ with the completely wrong deck/mindset for it and very likely ending up in the 1200. At least that happened to me every single time in my life I tried to improve a good ELO run. Sometimes I'd improve it by a bit, but then inevitably a semingly endless series of defeats.

« Previous12Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals