Need help getting in the top 10.

Wednesday 14/05, 03:25
killerferd - Hero English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
24 messages
killerferd - Hero English - Wednesday 14/05, 03:25

I came back to this game about 2 weeks ago and stumbled upon the new system of tokenz, which made the game very interesting to me so I started selling all the cards I had invested in when I quit and bought myself some cards to make some decks. I started playing some tournaments and managed to rank in the top 100's then top 50's then top 25's then I couldn't rank better no mather how much I played. So I tried all kinds of different decks (except for sentinels which is over-used and boring) I tried t1 and t2 but never made it in the top 10's. So this is where I reach out to you guys for help.

-Which is easier to get in the top 10 t1 or t2?
-These are the clans I currently use and the expensive $$$ cards in each clan.
-Frozn: Kalindra Cr, Stompah, Ayah, Thorpah...
-Huracan: Noctezuma, Tabasco Fire, El Gascaro, El Divino
-La Junta: Arnie, Brianna, Bryan, Jane Ramba Cr, Emeth Cr, Gatline, Raven, Pilzken, Naginata...
-GHEIST: Bristone, Draheera, Ksendra, Mechakolos, Stalfhaust, Toro, XU52
-Vortex: Dagg, Naele, X-0DUS, Cyb Lhia, T graank
-Skeelz: Chiara Cr

I also own most of the cards in these clans except for Skeelz. I would love to get some help to make a deck that can get me up there. I can use other clans if I have to. I would also like to know what the strategies of the deck are. Thanks for posting!
« Previous123Next »

2/24
TheOPG - Guru - Casual Grind English
Wednesday 14/05, 04:14

The thing about the new DT system is that it favors low-star cards, especially against high-star cards. The typical Standard/Extended style of deck building isn't going to get you anything other than bronze tokens.

If you win, you get 25 points minus the star total of your hand. A draw is 4 points, a loss is 3. Penalties for certain cards also apply, although the banlist doesn't cover half of what it should; it can be found on the main DT page. Below is a chart that depicts however many points you earn when you beat a card with another. The level of the winning card is the vertical, and the level of the loser is the horizontal.

Levels L1 L2 L3 L4 L5
L1 3 points 4 points 5 points 5 points 6 points
L2 2 points 3 points 4 points 5 points 5 points
L3 2 points 2 points 3 points 4 points 5 points
L4 1 point 2 points 2 points 3 points 4 points
L5 1 point 1 point 2 points 2 points 3 points

You can also get bonus points if you have life points above 12 (max 2) or pills left over when the game ends (also max 2).

To be continued...
3/24
Wednesday 14/05, 04:21

Other than that, I recommend you stick with silly cards. You have a good selection of broke-ass unpenalized cards from what you posted above, but the problem is that they're all 5*s, which means you get a max of 3 points if they win a round and 5 points deducted for each one on a win. For example, even if you got a 1HKO with Mechakolos/Raven against a 5* and the rest of your hand was 2*s you'd only be getting 17 points per game, which is pretty bad. While I don't collect them much, I recommend running a swarm of low-level GHEIST cards, because as far as I can tell they have the killiest selection of 2-3*s. I suggested an idea for a lineup a while back in an older thread, and if I find it I'll share it if you want.

tl;dr: The selection you listed doesn't look too how because it relies too much on 5* bricks, which aren't too profitable in the current scoring system. Also the current scoring system (and lack of a banlist (and lack of reasonable matchmaking)) is kinda balls.
4/24
Wednesday 14/05, 04:51

Here's what I proposed: Arkn Leviatonn Klawz Stalfhaust Bristone Elke Z3r0 D34d Dolly Platinum Luba. It's 26 total levels, meaning it'll get you into T2 unless you change it around some. I think it'll work best in T2, honestly, because you'll run into heavier cards to score points from, but you'll still have a fighting chance because most players aren't using silly 40* Deathmatch decks.
5/24
killerferd - Hero English
Wednesday 14/05, 07:22

Thanks a lot and can you explain why you use 10 cards in a deck? Just to get in t2?
6/24
DUC-San - Titan - Dutch Urban Crew English
Wednesday 14/05, 08:07

Play mono Sentinel
7/24
Wednesday 14/05, 13:19

Yes, in that case I used 10 cards to get the deck into T2 so that it would go up against higher level cards and score more points.
8/24

8 cards for 26* is more than enough.
that 4rth post is just silly, isnt winning not important?
and I prefer attack manipulation clans( in mono) cards like Lehane Flanagan Gil
9/24
Kefalo - Titan - Casual Grind English
Wednesday 14/05, 16:58

I've played dozens of the new tourneys and only once got top 10, with a La Junta deck featuring both Emeth Cr and Raven, mostly on the back of the fact that newbies in general don't recognize Raven as a 1 hit KO and I had a lucky streak fo 5 or six newbies I beat that way in that particular tourney. Also, regardless of what common sense and YourPetChicken say, the deck which is most consistantly winning matches and placing high is any cheezy Sentinel deck with Copper Cr and Hawk. Essentially, if you draw either of them and know how to use them, you win. If you don't you draw a hand of the deadliest low star cards in the game and you win for a lot of points.

The situation is kind of simmilar with the Sakhrom, except their cards are strictly inferior to Sent cards most often, but kitting with dmg reducers will get you surprise points unless everyone's caught on to it by now.

I've also done well with the Jungo - crapload of attack manip in that clan if you can use the full roster, and if any of them hit early you're not getting KO'd. Problem is that you're too reliant on your 5* for KO's, and even that ussually takes 4 rounds.

I suppose Piranas can work if you know how to use them. You probably need Miss Lisbeth for the 2 hit KO with anything, but other than that it's the usual 3 round wins with pill manips or whatever it is that works.
10/24
M-Bison - Legend - URBAN MADNESS English
Wednesday 14/05, 19:10

You could easily top with La Junta. Sentinel are basically in there own tier because they are so ahead of every other clan in terms of overall strength but with that being said Uppers and Montana are still up there.

« Previous123Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals