Police Brutality

Police Brutality
Monday 19/05, 15:45
40Waffles - Veteran English

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO
107 messages
Police Brutality
40Waffles - Veteran English - Monday 19/05, 15:45

So I've been playing in Daily Tournaments the past week to capitalize on the token system after sparingly playing UR on and off over the past year.

I noticed this past week, while playing in Daily Tournaments in the T1 (25 star) room, that just about every deck I played against was a Mono Sentinel deck with the same 8 characters.

It's always Hawk, Copper Cr, Martha, Westwood, Lehane, John, Carmen/Flinch/Melvin, and Morgan/Tobbie. The variety is infinite!

If everyone is trying to get Tokens and is trying to win the Daily Tournament I understand they want the best deck, but 7/10 matches I play are against a Mono Sentinel deck.

I play UR for fun, and enjoy the challenge of playing against a variety of other decks and clans, and don't really care about the outcome of the match, whether I win or lose. But playing against the same deck over and over has gotten REALLY boring and almost annoying at this point. Not because I perform poorly (see below for recent results), but because I play this game to enjoy it and have fun. Playing against the same deck over and over is not fun.

I don't know if we can redo the penalty list or ban characters or what the solution is, but this Mono Sentinel thing is out of hand.

~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hello 40Waffles,
Congratulations! You finished 138th in the last Daily Tournament with 414 Battle Points.

Deck: Sekutor, Neloe. Sunder, Ward hg, Archibald, Brianna, Milena, Wyre

~~~~~~~~~~~~

What are your thoughts on this Mono Sentinel epidemic?
« Previous12345678910...1011Next »

2/107
YourPetChicken - Hero - Casual Grind English
Monday 19/05, 16:01

It's because Boostr broke the DT system with the newest update. There's no effective banlist (causing players to gravitate to certain cards), the scoring system only rewards certain styles of deck building (causing players to gravitate toward certain clans), and because Type 1 and Type 2 is a retarded concept that pits 25* decks against 40* decks.

It's not the Sentinel's fault, it's Boostr's fault for chugging absinthe while designing the DT overhaul.
3/107
Monday 19/05, 16:02

I like your thread title, by the way.
4/107
Monday 19/05, 16:02

Pretty funny, I just started the new DT and the first match I play I end up facing:

Copper Cr, Hawk, Martha, and Westwood

Didn't see that coming......
5/107
Monday 19/05, 16:09

I've found that my 39* T2 Survivor Jungo deck with Eklore is the most fun I've had in a DT since the overhaul. It's kinda sad.
6/107
Monday 19/05, 16:09

Oh, never mind. I just ran into Coby, Hawk, John, and Tobbie. Back to not having fun...
7/107
Monday 19/05, 16:14

I'm not going to blame Sentinel - it's not their fault they have really good cards that you can fit into a T1 deck - but it is rather boring to play those same cards over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over and over again

And for players of little experience like myself it's not like we can build a deck specifically to beat that Mono Sentinel deck, it's way too OP for players who can't afford more than 10k in cards.

It's lame and boring the way the DTs are played now, there is absolutely no variety.

Here are a list of clans I haven't played against yet in DTs - about 10 DTs total by now:

Bangers, Freaks, Frozn, GHEIST, Jungo, La Junta, Montana, Nightmare, Rescue, Riots, Sentinel (just kidding), Skeelz, and Ulu Watu.

The rest of the clans I've seen either once or Piranas I've seen a couple times - I'm assuming as a counter to all the Sentinel decks.

The DT overall adds a spark to people wanting to play. It made me want to play and try and get a gold collector, and it makes them more money (maybe, which is what they want), but it takes the joy out of having two random clans vs two random clans. It isn't random anymore.

((((thanks YourPetChicken, I was trying to find a catchy title lol))))
8/107
Thoazol - Legend - Wise Men Distracted English
Monday 19/05, 16:21

Well you clearly didn't face my 6:2 Montana/Skeelz deck this weekend.

That said though, you either play Sentinel to rank high, or make a Sentinel slayer deck to get fairly high. And there's pretty much nothing to do about it before the staff takes initiative.
9/107
Monday 19/05, 16:29

Which they haven't taken for over a month.
10/107
Monday 19/05, 16:29

A Caelus Cr and Chiara Cr or Redra splash in that Montana/Skeelz 6/2 deck?

I'm sure there are players out there who are using random clans or different clans or just using a random deck cause it's fun - those are the players I want to be facing

I guess I'm starting this thread in an attempt to get the staff to take initiative on the matter. I'm sure I'm not the only one who is turned off by this Mono Sentinel thing going around.

« Previous12345678910...1011Next »

Urban Rivals | Free Online Manga Trading Card Game | TCG | MMO

The Urban Rivals team is made by lovers of all kind of Collectibles Cards Games and Trading Cards Games like: Magic the Gathering, Dominion, Vampire, Yu-Gi-Oh!, Pokemon, Wakfu TCG, Assassin Creed Recollection, Shadow Era, Kard Kombat and Might & Magic Duel of Champions.

Play our other addictive free to play online TCG: Fantasy Rivals